Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. johnietoth1967

johnietoth1967 Commander

Full descriptions in the Factory (list of devices for example at least)
    Fixing the Drill function such as filler and flattening. Those are almost unusable in current form
    removing system generated POI names from HUD and MAP

dichebach and monktk like this.
  2. johnietoth1967

johnietoth1967 Commander

your list is perfect, better than mine. I would be a happy camper with your list made into reality

3. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

This is a design/build wish. Block identification when hovering with the multitool in retrieve mode for instance. Not everybody is a master architect and visibilty might be compromised by light conditions.
    Some blocks are bugged and show up with a semi-technical name, but it's clearly unintended. Not that, make it appear as "Corner C". Why not allowing to select the block type immediately from this point ?

johnietoth1967 likes this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

5. Autopilot, set a waypoint and the ship will go there on it's own.
    ... Maybe have autopilot disengage just outside of turret range for hostile POI's, say 2 mi out.

6. I know, I know, requested so many times before. Leave the pilots seat and wander the cabin while on autopilot.

7. Small gravity device for SV's.

Sup, johnietoth1967 and sulferon like this.
  5. dazkaz

dazkaz Lieutenant

1. Large water generator for a base, that collects straight into a container.
    2. Collecting dropped items from destroyed containers, on the ground, goes straight into wifi-connected container, not inventory.

Sup, Lord Ganjanoof and OddTheViking like this.
  6. tachyon

tachyon Commander

dichebach likes this.
  7. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

MP functionality back to transporting passengers in CV/SV/HV.
    Suggesting to use the CryoChambers (for CV's at least) for players rather than as "cargo containers" that they are now....

Maybe add a check wether the ship still belongs to the same faction as the joining player, and if not, give the player a disclaimer and ask where to he want to teleport to (similar to death-screen, but with (for this without distance limits) teleporters, and of course, not counting as death).

8. daddychillin

daddychillin Ensign

The use of Track IR would be so nice:)

9. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Gonna double down as mentioned above on the base situated water generator. I wouldnt even mind if it had to be set in a body of water of some sort, so not necessarily a condensation collector a la Star Wars. But when I am managing my base I always have to make a special run out to gather those heavy containers. Not game breaking, but would be a very nice QoL for me.

Also, perhaps a dedicated refinery style device, similar to the furnace, that when turned on creates fuel. Again, I know constructors do this as it is, but for immersion sake I could see a refinery set up just to create fuel. Perhaps balanced similar to the furnace by making it expensive, large, and generate an area effect detriment like heat/radiation.

Again, neither of the above are "game breakers" for me, and have perfectly acceptable current methods. But in each play through I have had I find myself getting most irritated about having to constantly be running constructors for fuel and gathering those water containers and running/ferrying/connecting them back to the base.

10. SmaugBR

SmaugBR Lieutenant

Hello,

I've been seeing in news the game is being prepared to leave Alpha. I'd like to make a request here, specially worried about this announcements. In my opinion, Empyrion MUST have three features, or it might be considered "smaller" than others competitors (like Space Engineers) or, worst case scenario, even broken.

1- The bug where you are dropped by clipping through walls in a moving vessel if you're not seating MUST be corrected. I consider this imperative. Some games allow us to walk in a moving ship. Why does Empyrion continue to have this bug?

2- Second, Empyrion must have moving parts as building blocks, like pistons, hinges, telescopic extensions, moving racks with cogs and so on. This is a game changer and allow us to build a HUGE amount of things.

3- Graphics should be shown more love. Animations should be added. For example, when a plant evolve fromm stage 1 to stage 2, there should be an animation of it growing. Also, the character avatar and the NPCs should be better, more beautiful. Finally, devices like Constructors and Deconstructors (just examples, it applies to every one of them) should have a better look, instead of a random abstract shape... and when active, it should also be animated (just like Satisfactory machines).

I'm sure you guys know games today are about absence of weird bugs which harms gameplay (1), versatility to playstyle (2) and beauty (3).

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express my thoughts here.

...Empyrion is evolving into a great game, nevertheless. Thanks for that.

This game, unfortunately, looks like an outdated game. Don't get me wrong, it excels in gameplay, but people judge by appearances. A friend of mine began playing after more than two years of me insisting... and he got it on last Steam summer sale. Under normal circumstances and without me insisting so much, we would have NEVER bought it. Now that he did it, he doesn't regret it and loved the game... He judged the game by the looks; it was an obstacle I worked hard to overcome. Now, think about how many players think the same way.

SmaugBR

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  11. mogthew

mogthew Ensign

For the love of god, someone please fix the damn motorbike turn rate.

The nerf to it's turn speed seems like it was intended to make people want to build a HV earlier, but that motivation is already there. Motorbike is only good early game for basic discovery, a HV is always better because it has storage space(M/V), armor and weapons.

12. There are bugs with the motorbike turning radius and how it is 100% dependent on your max FPS setting and also your current FPS.
    See this bug report I started on it and read all my posts and watch the videos.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...turning-radius-and-its-relation-to-fps.94914/

It also impacts the player drone and also the player on foot. It's seriously flawed/bugged.

lendarker, jones99306 and Deadalready like this.
  13. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

Apologies if these were mentioned already but here are mine.
    1. Feature where the game "recommends" a block to fill in awkwardly shaped holes (i.e. particularly corners). Too often I'm stumbling around the block menu looking for what I think is the right shape, and having to play around with rotations, only to find out it's not the right block altogether.
    2. I'd love for an ability to "precisely tune" an item's placement within a block - for example, a Deco Chair. Currently, it's "stuck" in the middle of the block touching the floor. When placed behind a Deco Desk, the chair looks out of place because it feels far away from the desk. OCD gamers rejoice!

lendarker likes this.
  14. Almostpilot

Almostpilot Ensign

NPC´s crew

Comp625 likes this.
  15. Torquai

Torquai Ensign

When going back into my base and linking up with a cargo-box again, it would be nice if my old toolbar was back.
    Always having to find and grab mostly the same things every time I reenter my base gets old quick.

16. Rawd

Rawd Ensign

In no particular order:
    • Automated (special drone, may be?) base repair (based on available mats, of course)
    • Automated (special drone, may be?) base/vehicle disassembly
    • Water extraction directly into a base container
    • Faster asteroid mining
    • Auto on/off switch for a base teleporter
    • Multiple source containers for constructors
    • Mats to a factory directly from a container
    • A persistent tool bar attached to each container, so when you connect to that container, your second toolbar automatically gets populated with whatever you put in the last time
    • Unlimited or very large stacks for creative mode
    • Permanent removal of completely looted/disassembled PoIs

17. johnietoth1967

johnietoth1967 Commander

Sensors.. (but can only work in MP, no way around this no matter what)

18. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

It'd be really cool if selecting a certain NPC crewmember (or crew) gives your ship a buff or nerf (e.g. Shields are 3% stronger with NPC Crewmember A, but picking NPC Crewmember B gives you a Weapons buff of 3%). Though I can see this feature being something that'll require quite a bit of development and logic.

Jacoviz likes this.
  19. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Oooooow yes... strange you can do so many wonderful things automated but not collecting water. Total non-sense not to have a fixed device for water.

20. DeSahd

DeSahd Ensign

Proportional joystick support.