Feedback Required Your TOP3 MOST WANTED feature addition or change?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Trump

Trump Commander

1) NPC crew needed to run autominers, large bases and large ships
    2) At least one well written, well thought out default scenario that takes 20+ hours to complete. With some more mid to late-game content.
    3) A remote control system similar to Space Engineers allowing you to remote pilot fighters and tanks to attack enemy ships and pois. Along with a built in perma death mode for SP.

daddychillin and Khazul like this.
  2. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Most of my requests are items that were removed from previous builds including:

#1 Light Sources (flashlights) on weapons and the removal of the shoulder light. It would add a bit of customization options to weapons. Also, please remove the auto-reload option. What is the point of a reload key when the gun just reloads by itself?

#2 The portable Hydrogen generator. I really miss that.

#3 A revamp of the fuel system back to the older version. I HATE that you can magically put biofuel cells into a tank and then magically pull out prometh fuel cells. They are made of vastly different materials. I liked the older "slot" system instead of an energy bar. It is one of the reason why #2 on my list was removed. The same thing goes for Oxygen tanks.

3. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Fix explosion splash damage so that armor actually stops it until the armor is destroyed. Armor currently only seems to impact explosions in determining the center of the explosion - ie where it hits the armor. The explosion damage itself appears to effect everything in a radius form this point, so a block, specifically an armor bock will not absorb it and prevent damage to internals.

Currently it seems that the only protection against explosion damage is physical distance between your outer shell - ie where the explosion happens (from a missile strike for eg), and anything sensitive inside. Ie - a large air gap.

Currently, once you have shields, then you have two choices - build everything sufficiently big to allow at least the explosion radius distance, or you may as well just use plastic and run away before your shields expire.

4. Lucifer66

Lucifer66 Ensign

I would love to be able to "turn" my ship with the right and left arrow keys, not strafe, but turn. When flying ships they get all squirrelly and I find myself having a really hard time controlling them.

5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I use my arrow keys to turn the craft. A & D are strafe. That's in a game without any changes to it.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

That sounds like too much thrust and/or RCS, or thruster locations not well balanced. The flight control model at the moment seems not very well thought out, only partially implemented and TBH just plain broken. I think they had some good intensions, but a sadly incomplete implementation. It will apparently get slightly better by giving us some means of adjusting the torque in future, but no hint of them doing what is actually needed (a proper balancing model such as one might reasonably expect of any fly by wire vessel that is capable of variable mass loads).

In the mean time - ripping ship apart and rebuilding is the only real way to tame this. Thruster closer to center of gravity exert less torque than those further away. Also the current flight model will not assist with symmetry, so for eg you can often find that it pitches down really quickly and up really slowly (or visa versa).

A bit of a mess really...

Germanicus likes this.
  7. THEINVISIBLEWAFFLE

THEINVISIBLEWAFFLE Ensign

I think Ravien or someone at least is working on putting purchasable vessels in Project Eden. I found a space station that is under construction but mentioned this. As for your other suggestions, yeah those are good ideas.

SacredGlade likes this.
  8. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

- Allow regular POI authors to assign fixed loot tables to containers (with some random variation, for eg 1000 ~500 would be 1000 +/- 500)
    - Support ore as loot
    - Allow missions to alter the above predefined inventories (probably by switching between named inventory lists defined in POI metadata).

I appreciate non of the above may be easily done right now, but I think is well worth looking at and could massively expand the possibilities of POIs away from random loot which eventually gets somewhat repetitive. My scenario for this is having specific factiory POIs or freighters etc (hence addition of ore in space and ground POIs as a lootable) that could be a viable and more interesting partial alternative to just plain mining to build you next massive CV or base.

Linking into missions (and any other background scripting) might allow for the inventories to alter over time, such as might be the case for a psuedo factory type POI after shipping out product, or receiving resource supply.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  9. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Lieutenant

- Modding support - Open the game up to the modding community and allow the workshop to work for you.
    - Adventure features - Give us something to work for other than getting resources to build another ship.

10. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

The game is highly moddable already, and if I'm not mistaken, there is API support as well, just not that many programmers programming things.

Like what? Just curious to know what you're looking for here. The PDA is already modifiable, so custom missions can be created.

What we really lack is a clean, user-friendly omni-editor for creating not just PDA missions or solar system layouts (the web-based tool for these are quite good), but a means to start from a blank "Here there be nothing" universe, and build it into a fully featured, immersive universe to adventure in, without having to rely on a huge kludge of different tools, text editing .yaml files, and hoping really hard you didn't miss a space, put a colon where a semi-colon should be, or that the one intermediate tool you have to use doesn't crash.

11. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I believe it is very limited at this time however. Most question I see asked about is x possible seem to end up with a no.

12. Multox

Multox Ensign

- Challenges worthy of end-game ships
    - Challenges worthy of groups of co-op players.
    - More enemies!

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Some really great ideas.
    Custom loot is already possible too, but it requires use of an admin core which has other drawbacks. I've been pushing to allow the standard NPC core to store loot in a blueprint as well like the admin core does, so POI and scenario authors would have the option of specifying exact loot for specific containers in a POI or ship. Customizable randomized loot tables would be even better.

I still need to test this but it should be possible using the PDA. Basically, you have a PDA mission to "purchase" a ship, and after you pay the purchase price, the PDA triggers an explosive block on the ship and destroys the ship's core, allowing the player to place their own core in the ship.
    It's a workaround and there are several problems with this, but it could work as a good proof of concept for now. Even better if the ship has some kind of special functionality beyond what a normal player ship can have (small vessels with gravity generators, for example).

Bollen and daddychillin like this.
  14. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

1. QoL improvements such as a Fine/Coarse control mode hotkey to switch between precise aim and quick turning in ships, or smart adaptive mouse acceleration; highlighting damaged blocks when repairing with multitool and ore when mining with drill

2. Better drone/soldier AI, too easy to attack drones from above or snipe soldiers at a distance; fewer NPCs could offer more challenge if better (also staggering drones with gatling guns makes them way too easy).

3. Once the AI is far better, the game would feel a lot more complete if there were some interactive encouragement to engage with quests and NPCs, especially singleplayer survival which feels very empty and quickly becomes like creative mode plus hunger. Fallout 4 struck a great balance between open world and storyline, for example. Maybe something dynamic which proactively alerts you when you will soon need something like a food supply, base defenses, oxygen supply, etc

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    daddychillin likes this.
  15. jepbindawernoch

jepbindawernoch Commander

---eng----------
    And will you really read all of this? It took me time to read all 11 pages. The question is tough. It's like asking parents which of their children they like best.
    1. crawling, crouching, lying down, hiding in the bushes (not with toilet paper) I find very important for my RPG. Climbing and the knife attack, silent murder, would be the crowning glory. (Lara Croft games and even better Middle Earth, Shadows of Mordor).
    2. I want to have the old components back. I hope that you can choose between the old tanks and the new tanks. The same applies to the clone chambers, medic stations, warp drives, etc. Tank extensions and controllers would also be good. But there should also be the thinner tubes.
    3. When my helmet is closed, neither animals nor zirax should be able to smell me. I want to be able to sneak up on them from behind and hide behind the boxes. With special glasses you should maybe see their angel of vision.

(There are other wishes hidden here: night vision device with binoculars and infrared mode, a HV / SV pulpit 3x3x1 hxwxd, harpoon, base repair drones (save to template), guns may only attack visible things (not behind walls), wormholes with fixed positions so that I can attach my transwarpgate to the ends, forestry 8plant a wood), functioning seats on bases, all decorations for SVs and HVs (toilets, etc.), HOTAS controls, guns on POIs with pin 0000 can also be operated, reload split - remove magazine and insert magazine (interruption takes place in between), signal adaptation customizable in YAML or something ...)

---de-----------
    Und Ihr werdet das wirklich alles lesen? Man hat mich das Zeit gekostet alle 11 Seiten lesen. Die Frage ist hart. Das ist ja so als ob man die Eltern fragt, welches ihrer Kinder ihnen am liebsten ist.
    1. kriechen, hinhocken, hinlegen, im Gebüsch verstecken (nicht mit Klopapier) finde ich schon sehr wichtig für mein RPG. Klettern und die Messerattacke, lautloser Mord, wäre die Krönung. (Lara Croft Spiele und besser noch Middle Earth, Shadows of Mordor).
    2. Ich will die alten Bauteile wieder haben. Ich wünsche mir, dass man zwischen den alten Tanks und den neuen Tanks auswählen kann. Das gleiche gilt für die Klonkammern, Medicstationen, Warpantriebe, usw. Tank-Extensions und -Controller wären auch gut. Aber da sollte es auch die dünneren Leitungen geben.
    3. Wenn mein Helm geschlossen ist, dann sollten mich weder Tiere noch Ziraxe riechen können. Ich will mich denen von hinten anschleichen können und hinter den Kisten verstecken können. Mit einer Spezialbrille sollte man vielleicht deren Sichtbereichskegel sehen.
    (Hier versteckt noch andere Wünsche: Nachtsichtgerät mit Fernglas- und Infrarotmodus, eine HV/SV Kanzel 3x3x1 hxbxt, Harpune, Basis-Reparaturdrohnen (Save to template), Geschütze dürfen nur sichtbares angreifen, Wurmlöcher mit festen Positionen damit ich da mein Transwarpgate an den Enden aufstellen kann, Forstwirtschaft, funktionierende Sitze auf Basen, alle Dekorationen für SVs und HVs (Toiletten usw), H.O.T.A.S. Steuerung, Geschütze auf POIs mit Pin 0000 auch bedienbar, Nachladen splitten in Magazin entfernen und Magazin einsetzen (Unterbrechung findet dazwischen statt), Signalanpassung in YAML oder so anpassbar, ...)

16. Dem

Dem Commander

1.) I want to see all community factions in game. With A12 minimum 10.000 system coming, with a lot of community faction content gameplay time will incredibly increase.

2 .) New weapons/turrets - Maybe different alien turrets, 1 set for every alien faction.

3.) NPC/AI Army of Player faction :D

Ephoie likes this.
  17. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

1.Flexable fighting,crouch,grenade,riot shield and so on
    2.Rebuild tech-tree
    3.More special tools or devices like motorbike

18. Dem

Dem Commander

That damn aliens firing plasma cannon and you want "riot shield" ... Do you really want that plastic riot shield ? Just kidding ;)

RedSamurai likes this.
  19. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

Just an analogy,maybe a power sheild which we can use to defense the infantry.

20. Dem

Dem Commander

If they add a good shake and sound while taking fire, shield can be very fun.