Feedback Required Your TOP3 MOST WANTED feature addition or change?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 26, 2019.

1. tony hug

tony hug Commander

trying not to repeat others stuffs too much...

1.) New Player content type - between Ship and full blown scenario.
    i would love to be able to subscribe to a planet, solar system, or group of solar systems someone had
    put into steam workshop
    then get them included into my personal 'compilation' galaxy (or maybe as sub-spaces entered through 'stargates' or black holes.)

2) Copy and Paste in survival - i don't remember how i put my ship together and kind of want to
    'put it up on blocks' remove outer casing to get to the gubbins without having to remember how to re-create that intricate
    shape.

3.) Additional tech - Camoflage / counter-detection suite i can add to base to make less likely its attacked.

(oh and Jetpack in god-mode - its all about finding spaces to put things in your vehicles hidden spaces - at upgrade time)

-----

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. Dr.Gor

Dr.Gor Ensign

1. Ability to call own ship(s) while traveling on the surface and in space.
    2. Through the wall scanner.
    3. Better construction mode allowing to change elements inside of the object.

tony hug likes this.
  3. Athayus Quan

Athayus Quan Ensign

I sorted it out, and have a single player setup in multi player :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  4. tony hug

tony hug Commander

2nd list

1) Vectored thrusters
    Through internal plates or gimbaling - allows thrust to be directed in the requested direction (think alien 2 dropship)
    i wud imagine - Always 'Reserves' thrust to maintain 'neutral bouyancy' automatically - (except when going down)
    then allows Extra thrust to be directed Up, Fwd, Back , Down (not sideways - makes no sense)

2) Construction 'X-ray' Viewer -- Terminal that allows you to view slices through your vehicle (horizontal or verticle)
    projected as a single slice hologram (lile constructor box) - or all slices seperated out by two blocks.

3.) Ship Modification Terminal -- Either - projects Hologram version of your ship - which you can walk through and delete or add componets
    Or - Allows you to change your ship in creative, then 'factory' takes your entire ship and re-uses 100%
    components/materials - asking for materrials to complete changes.
    There may be a limit on how much can be changed ie 40% before failure to stop morph abuse.
    (or only allow 2x preset morphs chosen in creative)
    Note this is most usefaul at game start when you change ships a lot as you unlock components and
    requirements.

5. tony hug

tony hug Commander

just one -

1) Jetpack Functionality in God mode. (ie make design analysis less disorientating when ghosting through ship/structure - same controls as usual) - its really annoying in space where you seem to be re-orientated to the 'universal' gravity field or co-ordinate set.

Jacoviz likes this.
  6. tony hug

tony hug Commander

1.) A sensor so i know i'm near the ground and can Retract lower turrets for landing,
    (basically langing gear + a bit?)

7. tony hug

tony hug Commander

Finally final:

1) Landing View
    A switch on HUD to allow you Get Alternative <Underside> view for Landing Quickly
    Could be a Tech component <camera>
    Makes landing on bases or CVs easier.

8. Agente Tievos

Agente Tievos Ensign

1) Fights between factions
    2) Special events: For example, when you have a very bad level of reputation with one faction. This faction will come to one of the worlds you reside and will launch a nuke to your base. This nuke will instantly destroy your base if not stopped (so you will have a time to destroy their capital ship carrying the nuke)
    3) IA improved:
    Faster reaction time(only when they have spotted you)
    Going melee when they have rifles is not cool
    Improved accuracy on space vessel fights (avoiding enemy shoots by going in circles at full speed is pretty boring, they dont have to hits always, but also they don't have to miss always)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Jacoviz likes this.
  9. tachyon

tachyon Commander

1. Build blueprints in constructor while taking only already unlocked devices into account. This should then result in an item that allows to spawn the constructed blueprint. Multiple constructors shall be able to cooperate for this. This shall replace the current implementation.

2. Unlock blueprints by a combination of leveling and research of salvaged technology instead of just spending points and then magically knowing how to build things.

3. Assignment of control panel switches to the hotbar as well as custom orders in the hotbar an grouping of weapons.

10. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

1. More CPU balancing

2. CPU Micro Management
    Just like power, if a device is off, it should not use (read: require) CPU.

3. Regular blocks with less CPU (Wood, Concrete, Steel, etc...)
    I do apreciate the CPU 'coverage' for a virtual convoyer system, but IMO current values are too high.
    I'd suggest something in the range of 1-10 for S blocks, and 10-20 for L blocks.

It's just not right (logical) that a Ventilator uses LESS CPU than a regular basic building block.
    Even when considering wires and pipes inside of those blocks, as wires and pipes still use less power and cpu than somethign that a ventilator that has to take care of room temp and pressure.

GoldDragon likes this.
  11. tony hug

tony hug Commander

Very Contaversial Subject -- Saving the HV

Now that SV and CV have distinct roles -- finally (solar vs galactic)
    Hows about the HV (- personally i hate them and their stuck in terrain id-ness)

How about - Same operation as now -- BUT your allowed to add up/down Thrusters
    and the Limit is now a Distnce above the ground -- Basically not into space (ie up/down speed < 9.8m/s)

It is logical in that you would not expext an aircraft to get into space (ignoring skylon)
    as the technology required to leave a gravity field is distinctly different.

12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Actually, outside of aerodynamic lift and airbreathing engines, it really isn't much

I'd like to see the main HV engines work more like the low-level green ones... incorporate lift, thrust, and steering, just at higher levels. Lose the thrusters completely for HVs

fa_q2 likes this.
  13. 0zi

0zi Ensign

1) A game with minimal bugs.
    2) A game that doesn't implement features imitating other games.
    3) A game with even half decent performance optimization.

14. Splendid gentleman

Splendid gentleman Lieutenant

1. Impact damage ( crashing, space debris etc)
    2. Npc traffic (space and planetside)
    3. More lore and story (discoverable nuggets of lore, mostly out in factionless space and faraway areas. Think unique upgrades , modules or weapons which can only be found by gathering materials from various ruins, after hacking or solving some sort of puzzle etc. )
    E.g guardian modules in elite dangerous.

15. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

1. Functional NPC's
    They make great decorations, but that's all they are presently - decorations.

2. Functional Radar
    It's been around at least as long as I have. Even if the function is the same as a continual detector pulse, that would be great.

3. Disease, Parasite and Poison Progression
    This is a bit of a tough one, but I don't think we should instantly sprout a Status badge when Sick, Infested or Poisoned. Bring on some other symptoms first - fatigue, fever, indigestion, that keep coming back, until the Illness, Infestation or Poisoning reaches a serious stage, then let them take their regular course. Right now, the greatest dangers are Endo and Alien Parasites. These will kill you so fast it's not even funny, and it's actually particularly difficult to deal with if you get infected in the field and aren't carrying the right medicine, which you will often not have early in the game. Delaying the full-blown onset and not showing a status badge makes these both a little more survivable, but also potentially more deadly at the same time.

fa_q2 likes this.
  16. Praxdra

Praxdra Ensign

1 - make mined asteroid disappear from MAP / HUD (like on a planet when you mine all the resource node).
    2 - make full salvaged POI disappear from MAP / HUD
    3 - alternatively, make it possible to rename what we discover on the map

yep and of course can walk on the ship when moving ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    monktk, johnietoth1967 and fa_q2 like this.
  17. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

^ just let us remove the darn preset waypoints already. :D

Miznit, monktk, Praxdra and 1 other person like this.
  18. tony hug

tony hug Commander

1.) SV/CV control via wi-fi (Definitely NOT ship call , which would break the survival aspects)
    Within Wi-Fi range ( a simple Thrusters on/off ) - or remote control.
    Reasons : A. How many times have you left your SV --only to have the infuriating thing Hovering Just out of reach and inaccessible.
    (remnote via wi-fi thrusters off solves this - and i don't think is gamebreaking)
    B. Endgame (which i will probably never reach) - variious utubers seem to think you need vast warships for.
    What if they could instead use a constellation of smaller ships that could be remotely moved into position and out.
    so endgame you could control a small fleet - though not very efficiently and from only a distnce that leaves you vunerable,

2.) Filler that isn't just concrete spat texture/colour - so thta on my snow planet base i can fill holes with snow - not leave conctete scars.

GoldDragon likes this.
  19. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

^ the registry allows access to your ship to power on or off including things like thrusters within wifi range (and a bit further as it is not ralated to wifi in truth). In sp this still does not fix your issue though as physics does not update afaik until you actually get in your ship. In multiplayer this actually does fix the problem - your ship will fall when you power it down.

In sp you may have to use filler to create a dirt stairway up to your ship. A viable fix would be to simply have physics update on sp like it does on multiplayer.

BrokenFang and tony hug like this.
  20. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Lieutenant

Performance
    PvP Cheese/Exploit Fixes
    More Creatures to fight

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.