Feedback Required Your TOP3 MOST WANTED feature addition or change?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 26, 2019.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I'd say, rather than stealth, just make the Radar deco item necessary to see radar dots.
    Loose the dish, lose the view.

2. plainsight

plainsight Ensign

The server I play on uses a mod for the radar deco. Apparently you need it to scan for asteroids.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Which is why I use no mods at all. I'll stick to Official material, as there's no knowing what will be changed between now and release.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Lonesome Joe

Lonesome Joe Lieutenant

The AI able to use block vessels of all kinds, both as hirable friendlies and, especially, as hostile patrols and base attackers to step up difficulty later on.
    I would particularly like to see HVs used a lot, so we can have full-on tank battles. :D

Research gameplay to analyse animals and plants and discover recipes for crafting replacing the xp system for unlocks, use xp for character abilities and personal upgrades instead.

Weapon damage types and armour resistances. As a simple example, combat steel being completely immune to bullets and basic explosives.

5. plainsight

plainsight Ensign

Well. You may say that, but how long as the description under the radar deco read, "This device is not functional yet."?

Years.

6. The_Holo

The_Holo Lieutenant

1. Able to walk in a moving vessel.
    2. Linking containers into a larger one.
    3. Some water physics. Would absolutely love to be able to have a huge base under water, with retractable hangar doors. like many 80's scifi cartoons hidden bases :D

7. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

1. The ability to use or attach weapons to your personal drone
    2. Growing plots that you can Colour/Texture according to base material rules for Wood, Concrete and Steel.
    3. When building be able to lay down a row of blocks in ground even though "space may not be available"
    i.e. not have a row missing one or two blocks because the ground has not been dug out enough.

daddychillin likes this.
  8. markis007

markis007 Lieutenant

1. Ability to join or at least re-orientate a base or blueprint to match another base.
    i.e. On the N menu, as well as connect block to base - option to connect base to base (and lock orientation when placing)
    2. Ability to create a railway and railway vehicles (for fast travel between bases or remote locations) (needs option 1 above)
    3. Allow elevators to work in all directions and additional connecting blocks for direction changes

daddychillin and Germanicus like this.
  9. amorimarthur

amorimarthur Ensign

1- Space radar to help find asteroids with resources
    2- Auto turrets for SVs
    3- A way to deconstruct vessels, something like the repair bay.
    4 ;)- SVs set to faction be able to dock on CV belonging to someone in the faction

RedSamurai and daddychillin like this.
  10. boo

boo Commander

news wanted feature :
    1 - water pump(wich have to be placed in water) to produce water directly to the BA box/container

or at last the possibility to have a screen with box and water generator to do easily the transfer, putting them on by one in the linked hotbar take some time and are boring ...

2 - better radar, the actually one dont show if the object are under or over you

3 - ice asteroids that can be mined to water.

RedSamurai and daddychillin like this.
  11. Orclover

Orclover Lieutenant

Just better AI. I felt like I was being attacked by morons. Make the mobs in the game be an actual threat and not have them resort to cheating tactics to do it.

daddychillin likes this.
  12. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

To #1: This could be accomplished with a minor change to the water collector, by adding the same kind of linking we have with Constructors. Without a link the device would fill itself and stop when full.

To #2: Since we have a radar device that has not had any function added to it, this is likely something we will see.

To #3: Yes, please. And not just Water, but allow us to find rare, special items embedded in these from time to time too.

daddychillin likes this.
  13. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

1 - Vessel hotbar manipulation, so that we can easily change thruster profiles, turn on/off lights, and the ability to set up different fire groups would be fantastic.

2 - Collision damage and walking on ships. Because of awesomeness.

3 - More devices for vessels with different purposes, I think this would help flesh out the purpose for cpu.

Probably all repeats, but may as well add my voice.

14. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

- Multiple tool bars for self and your ships etc (maybe CTRL + number for eg to switch between them).

- Allow us to assign keys on toolbar to custom actions in a ship (P panel), or perhaps even as signal triggers?

- Allow multiple select in devices list for add to group - one at a time gets annoying quickly :)

- Allow a device to be in multiple groups

- Zoom and Pan capable camera that can be attached to anything (even base). Probably allow a few of them, one underneath for landing another up front for recon etc on a ship for eg. This is the thing I miss most from SE (+a mod that adds X/Y pan within a limited cone of vision). I always have a load of cameras for various purposes around my ships.

- Option to change ALT key for view mode to be hold rather than toggle.

- Make the deco transporters actually work for us too (I use a mod for SE that does this - kind of miss it in solo play when you have to get around and do everything yourself).

- Would like to see the factory turned into an in game block (think SE projector + Nanite build and repair mod type behavior - ie ship starts as a projection and you can see it getting built). It would need to be available in some form early game however to allow early construction from blueprints as per current system.

- Converse of this - deconstruct a ship. Be great if one could pick up a destroyed ship and cart it back to your salvage area (using a CV or SV) for automated deconstruction.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  15. Leftcoast

Leftcoast Lieutenant

This is true.
    I would really like some advanced options for targeting though. I would like a range option for each type. For example; I could keep the predator box checked, to the right would be an optional setting to input a max and min range. If a predator is not in the selected range, the turret won't fire.

EternalHeathen and daddychillin like this.
  16. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Basically signal logic but for targeting, right?

17. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Motion sensors can accomplish this. I've built a few "guard towers" that have an embedded sensor to activate a retracted turret, which will then fire on unwanted pests and go back to sleep when they're gone. I've even linked this same sensor to lights, configured as Blinking and Red, placed just above LCD screens, indicating which quadrant has been violated by movement, so I know where to go to pick up my free, self-delivering meat.

iliapugach likes this.
  18. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

That's cool, I didn't realize creatures could set off the motion detectors. You can't make the motion detectors only detect certain things though right?

19. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Correct. It's also been a while since I've used this, so it's possible this functionality may have changed since last I did this. If you can't get it working with a motion sensor, you might try a light beam sensor, but it takes a bit more Signal Logic to make these work, or a corresponding switch to reset them after they're triggered.

Ephoie and vscuorzo like this.
  20. IMtz

IMtz Lieutenant

1. SV and HV controlled by AI. The possibility vessels can move faster, like they was controlled by human player.
    2. Vessels with crew, so looting a destroyed vessel requires fight against the crew.
    3. Dark space texture (with stars of course). Colored space texture looks very unrealistic.

Ephoie likes this.