[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Awesome, will definitely have to fire this up after work. Though now I'm afraid of moving them from that excellent parking job.
    (Also, I am vaguely amused that of all the awesome ships in that lineup, the only one the bloom-shine 'flare' decides to light up in Stratus. Where's my angelic choir when I need 'em?)
    Thank you for the convenient airfield display!

2. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

42? Na, that couldn't be right:D

Thats impressive

3. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

is there a secret to getting the save game to load...? I'm certain i'm not doing it right. 42 entries... lol, that's gonna take a while for me to spawn.

edit: got it working. Extracted zip file. Placed it's contents into the Empyrion saved games folder. Grabbed my player file from another saved game and put it into the Jenn's Challenge saved game (players folder). Started Empyrion, resumed game > Jenn's Challenge.Once it appears to stop loading, open console, type teleport. Then teleport Akua. That should generate the planet. Start heading east until you come across the platform.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I couldn't get it to load either, so I started a new Creative game and just copied the files over. Worked fine that way.

5. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Came here to ask this very question. @Kieve thank you!

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Kieve like this.
  6. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Well I was going to load up this world. But I am having troubles.

1: placing the extracted files straight to the saves folder doesn't work
    2: started up a new creative world titled "Jenn's contest" and copying the files over just hangs when loading into the game.

Any thoughts?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I didn't name mine the same as the folder, if that makes any difference.
    1. Unzip "Jenn's Challenge" into Saves folder
    2. Create new Creative game "ZGChallenge" (Akua start, empty world)
    3. Immediately exit to menu
    4. Copy contents of "Jenn's Challenge" folder into "ZGChallenge", overwrite where prompted.
    5. Success?

8. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

when it hangs... see if the console works... teleport to Akua will redraw everything.

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  9. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Thanks Kieve! this ended up working for me. I was exiting out of the game instead off leaving it running. Not sure why it was messing up but your help...uhm Helped!

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Kieve like this.
  10. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Also I just want to say I want to give each person a fair shot at this. So I am going to post a thumbnail along with each entry. This will take a day or so to complete this task. Once this is done I will update the first post to include all the entries and will set up the polling site. Then I'll leave that up for a few days before closing the poll as well. Then I'll announce the winner and post them on that shiney new winners collection!

I have learned a lot of great things from this first contest and want to thank each and everyone of your for trying it out. I highly recommend downloading @Bigfeet world save to see them! Some of them have completely surprised and even surpassed my expectations! So of you even managed to put some pretty healthy sized interiors in them.

So bare with me as there are over 40 entries in this contest but I am working hard to keep to my word. Again thank you all!

11. Trig

Trig Captain

I've got a world with them all spawned in and arranged on a platform. Atleast, I think I got them all, there's a decent chance I've missed a couple though, I came up with 40 total (I apologize if I missed yours)[edit: after adding the 3 I overlooked, new total is 43]. They all docked to platform well enough.

World download is attached below as .zip
    It's omicron/creative/empty world, with just the platform the SV's, and a flying repairbay CV. Gave em each a full fuel tank and parked running, with spotlights off.
    note: that platform has SI issues, use "si off" in console if you want to add anything to it

Edits to attached savefile:
    V2 - added rowboy's submission
    V3 - added Robot Shark's 2 ships
    V4 - added GoldenDragon's ship, marked 3 ships that disqualified or were mistakenly added by me

20180224122851_1.jpg 20180224122831_1.jpg 20180224122722_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  12. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

The reason they are red is the players are using Alpha 8.0 version, they cannot really go backwords on their system. If you alt-0 and save as. Then respawn the same vehicle. It will save it in your version of the game.

13. robowy

robowy Ensign

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Thats why I make it a point to never mix docking pads with thin blocks.
    If I put thin blocks on the bottom I always use full landing gear.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

... :oops: I see my humiliating joke among the List... & as if to kick me while i'm down the Game was too damn lazy to Render the Spotlight in the Nose of the Craft to make the Craft's Nose look doubly stupid... :oops:

Well... at least I can steal Last Place from everyone so no one else gets it cause none of ya deserve it... >_<

Devs... will Spotlights ever get a REAL Render Distance...? o_O

Please don't stare at mine too hard... that'll take my embarrassment up to 11... :oops:

Us... managing to pick just one... how in the Halibut will that ever be possible...? :p

16. Trig

Trig Captain

Sorry about that! I've updated the save file attached to above post.

very unique craft, think it was the only one that used the "damaged blocks", and docked on it's nose, bit unwieldy to pilot (or my piloting skills weren't up to the task), had a tough time docking it but eventually got it to lock while tilted back a bit.
    20180224143946_1.jpg

17. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Great work there! Since there is so many I could post them all on the polling site and take the top 10 most voted. This way I could use the top ten to start a poll on the Forums here, as they only allow 10 entries to be polled, and the winner can be selected from there.

Theurgist, dpburke2, Trig and 2 others like this.
  18. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Tyrax mate, dramarama ? Detach my man, chin up lol ;)

@robowy judging on the dimensions from the stats picture on your workshop, it's a bit too large i believe.
    It even seems like you build yr ships front to a 90 ° wrong direction.

Aaaah, now it makes sense !

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well, they can. It's just that will they. :p

I'm really hesitant to BP anything remotely serious even at normal Experimental phases - so I will usually switch to stable public build when building. So that the BP is most likely compatible and doesn't get corrupted or broken. Unless it's something experimental specific stuff of course.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

... My apologies... I wasn't meaning to act whiny... like i've said in other Threads, i'm one of those sorry schmucks that cares a lot what other peeps think of me... but yeah, maybe I do need to try to lighten up... :oops:

Also I don't think that rowbowy Ship is oriented wrong, I think it was only simply built to be Enabled on just "Nose Parking" only & no other Parking Method. I can't think of any reason at all why there'd be anything wrong with this... especially if it was built to Park onto just specific CVs &/or Bases. Doing nothing but parking on a Ship's bottom/belly is 2D Thinking imho, & Empyrion is a Space Game... so I say "Viva La 3D Thinking!". :D

I like Closed Branch... it's nice & cozy. I only switch to Stable when something makes me... especially cause i'm lazy & switching's a big hassle. :p

Theurgist, dpburke2 and Jᴧgᴧ like this.