[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Wasn't going from the parking method, more so the speeds on his directions.
    Again from his stats picture on his workshop page.

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

One word, nice.

3. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Another set up, pretty pro.
    Just gotta say nr 4 is too large, nr 13 isn't an entry, completely didn't see nr 29 (edit : forum name is Alatun, workshop name is sonix2003), and nr 41 still too large

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  4. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I think there are a few missing. I have been in and out of the house today so I am trying to work on this when I can. I did update the First post with all entries. 51 at my last count.

@Bigfeet you are correct. Those 2 do not qualify for the challenge. I still need to look at a few more and add in some I think that were missed.

5. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Have you figured out how you're going to do the voting on this Jenniphurr? I posted an idea (over in Robot Shark's challenge topic) on how challenge voting could be fair when large numbers of ships are entered. Not sure if the forum voting would handle numerical votes, or if you'd have to use an outside website. I personally wouldn't mind using an outside site at all, if it could keep the votes fair (i.e. no one voting 10 times from 10 different IPs).

6. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I have an outside polling site to use. I want to take the top ten from there then post those here on a poll. This site only allows up to 10 selections.

Also options will be set so that only one vote and ip will be useable.

Tyrax Lightning, monktk and dpburke2 like this.
  7. Trig

Trig Captain

I think with #4, I may have grabbed both of khajjah's ships where #5 was the revision to bring it down to meet size reqs (not sure though - links to both were in this thread somewhere).
    #29 I saw on workshop, and checked it's description and saw it was an entry, so I grabbed it (didn't check the thread thoroughly if it was posted here).
    #41, I didn't check the size when I added it - was the one I missed adding first time around, but yeah definitely a bit too long -err wide technically but it's built sideways so dimensions show it being too wide (would be a relatively easy fix - just moving the big engine a couple blocks).

on both of sephrajin's ships, I had both subbed (from links on first page), the one I added was within size req's (#13 on the platform) but I didn't think to check for a warp drive, the other was well oversize so I didn't add it

what I've done for the ones already on the platform that didn't qualify, was add a red paint strip with either SIZE or WARP typed on it. If I took them off it would leave an empty space, if I added a ship to that space it would then have the same number and could lead to confusion.

I've added in GoldenDragon's ship, from link and note on first page here. Bringing it up to 44 total spawned in, with 41 qualifying.

I think it would be more ideal if Jenniphurr could take over any more edits to the save with the ships spawned in, and maybe post a final version when the poll goes up. With me posting edits to it as they are needed or reported can lead to some confusion with different versions of the world around.

Attaching the final edit (for today, anyway) of the save to this post, and updating the version on my previous post.
    (also fixed 3 typos on LCD's that I noticed, there's probably more - sorry If I got anyone's name or ship name wrong)

20180224182337_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  8. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Still missing my submission on the list:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307818541

9. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

10. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Trig? could you zip up the entry BP files please? I wanted to fly all the entries against a drone base and frankly getting one to spawn in right on the map to shoot is beyond me, evidently. I would be appreciative and I was going to show results from the assaults.

11. Trig

Trig Captain

Yeah, attaching the zipped file of just the .ebp blueprint files below
    Hopefully I didn't miss any - ended up with 43 files, these were pulled from the workshop downloads folders, which are just a bunch of numbers.

Attached Files:

12. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I am touring Trigs upload on Omicron right now. Starting with ship one. Some pretty cool ideas already.

• Razorwire - Boomerang has a very fitting name. I hope this comment does not come back to hit me in the face.
    • Theurgist - ASP is pretty cool. I like the ramps to get up top (I am in creative most of the time, I forget about jetpack).
    • Jacob - Altair 7 has a nice 'fighter' shape, feels Svelte
    • Khajjah - Arrow and Stinger. I could not figure out how to get in, then when I found it I was like "coooool"
    • Bigfeet - Challenger 1 and 2. Both are very clean, feels like they were assembled on a factory line. LOVE the entry to CHA2 (nice interior to boot)
    • Macbre - CCF nice shape and color palette, cant go wrong with black and orange (a bit Halloween, but Halloween is fun)
    • Captain Jack - Cricket looks like the interior of a ship before the skin is placed on it, but cool. The engine arrangement/design by the pilots is chair is stellar!. Charlott feels Star Warsish. Cool ship. Love the exposed bits and back "hatch" (we need swinging doors)
    • Sirknumskull - Teardropship love the shape and details. Ship looks a LOT better in person than pics. Also, your deployed landing gear... /drool Also dig the use of the passenger compartment, that poor prop does not see enough use.
    • Friendly Timo - Alebdo Wonderful shape and color palette. I esp love the trim details. I had to take a double look to see what texture that was. When textures look unknown, that is always a good thing.
    • Sephrajin - ERA-S Alvage wow, tiny tiny ship that you can walk into. Very cool, missing warp though. :(
    • Rainyday - Firefly I dig the tandem seating and the overall shape. I have always liked Rainys builds. Good stuff!
    • Fractalite - Hades and Vision. Both are extremely well done builds. Grey/Yellow is one of the best color combos imo. Beautiful! Fractalites builds have progressed faster than anyone I have seen. At this rate he will be designing ships for Elon Musk in 5 years.
    • Razorwire - Junkyard dog. I don't know what to say, I like it although you will never catch me sitting that close to an ammo box :)
    • hound - JNF IV Nice shape. I did not think I would find a warp engine in it. Feels smaller than it is. Nicely done!
    • dpburke2 - Orange Darner - I like the name, don't know why...it just seems like a legit spaceship name. I like the interor, esp the displays and access to the warp for maintenance. The offset light and gun in the front is nice. I like symmetrical builds with asymmetrical features.
    • Iwo Shandor - Palindrone cool asymmetrical design and WOW the size of the interior. Also love the fact that the name is played out in the design. Well done!
    • Smeissl Dinklesen PCL - Good looking lil ship. I thought there was no warp when I walked up to it. Packaged nicely!
    • Kieve - KSV 48 Stratus - Fitting consistent unmistakable design to theme with the rest of your fleet. I really like the black strip up top where the constructor meets the warp. The textures there combined with the construct and warp give a very detailed feel. Well done!
    • Amfidimant - LR 42b Bautang - Great use of space. Warp? Yep, its there. Love the shape and colors. Nice!
    • Monktk - Invader - I walk up "Surely there is no warp in this one"...wrong again. Fun spin on the saucer shape. Love pink on spaceships. Need more pink! (esp hot pink)
    • Cleff - J172 Stalker - So much done right with this ship I cant think of anything nice to say. Its just good and totally embodies what I imagine a fighter to look like. Well done!
    • Stellar Wolf - Star Hawk - Nice shape. I like how easy it is to get in. LikeCleffs ship, it looks like a fighter.
    • Trig - LSV 33 - Nicely shaped ship and well laid out. Guess what my favorite color is! NOPE not purple. I hate purple on spaceships. YOU LOSE. My GF however loves purple on spaceships so you are back in the game. Great lil design!
    • Trig - Intermission - HA GOTCHA! NO WARP.....ohh wait, its up front. I fail at critiquing the intermission...speaking of which

khajjah, Cleff, SirKnumskull and 13 others like this.
  13. Pyston

Pyston Captain

• sonix2003 Alatun - SV-ZeroG-Ibis - Small ship, I did not think I would be able to go in side, and then it has a warp too...did not see that coming. Ship reminds me of what I'd see if Christmas and Star Wars had an offspring. Cute ship!
    • Styx Annhilator - Slicer 076b "How can I enter ship, secret secret I've got a secret, the door is just a slit, secret secret I've got a secret, I've found it now I'm in, secret secret I've got a secret, the interior is WIN! :)
    • Styx Annhilator - Tubes 076b needs more cowbell
    • Na_Palm - Rigger V1 Great looking asymmetrical ship. I love the cockpit and how much you can see out of it. Dig the doors to the front area, just wish I could walk down there.
    • Falcon RR - Wasp - Reminds me of a small Rocinante. I was surprised to see an interior. I'd like to see more textures. Thumbs up!
    • Pyston - XYU - And into the eyes of the jackal I say ka-boom
    • Jenniphurr - Pulsar X - Nothing but praise for this ship, well except for sharpies :p
    • CW- VHF - No running out of thrust on this ship. "Captain, we lost our primary drive but no worries we are still 300% quicker than the enemy"! Cool ship!
    • T431 -T4 Phantom - This is a pretty cool ship. I did not expect an interior, did not expect a warp, did not expect 4 passenger chairs. nicely done!
    • hicks42 - WY-SV-LREEMRSC.v01.FR.01 (yes I copy pasted that name) I like the armory bits, feels very utilitarian. . I might not put the core right next to a fuel tank though. Ever see what happens when things are close to fuel tanks. KA-BOOM
    • Fenra 369 - Dr2-recon MKII - I like the antenna up front and how the wings extend past the props in the back for some protection. Neat ship.
    • Haro - XT-1 Come on man, you know you wanted to call this ship "IRON MAN" :) Neat ship. I like the overall shape and design. BTW, thanks for the bloody nose. I opened the cockpit door and BAM, smacked my face right into the back of the cockpit.
    • rowboy - salvage fighter Newton would be amazed!
    • Robotshark - Hollowman - Interesting design. Name reminds me of a death metal song, not sure why. Good thing about this ship, if the enemy aims right for the middle, they lose! :)
    • Robotshark - Peregrine Fighter - Dear god the thrust. This ship will rip itself apart. Ahh...but R2D2 will just fix it on the fly. Good call!
    • Goldendragon - Falcon Interceptor - Nice little ship. I'd like to see more texture work. Ship hits all the challenge marks. Well done!

14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Thank you sir! I will start Sorties tomorrow... I have a feeling I'll be assaulting POI's on foot in MP after this many flights. With a chainsaw and stacks of explosives.

15. Amfidamant

Amfidamant Lieutenant

Looked at each ship together with my girlfriend; She's quite a harsh critic, but here's some funny snippets I though were worth mentioning:

Intermission by Trig - It should be called 'Woof'. It looks just like a dogs face!
    XT1 by Haro - This is princess Leia from Star Wars
    Vindler Heavy Fighter by CW - Double hot dog
    Orange Darner by dpburke - I don't like it. Oh wait, it looks like an ambulance, so cool!

She really like interior of XYU by Pyston, but: "Inside looks great, outside too, but they look like from two different ships."

When asked to pick favorite (apart from mine, since bias)
    Vision by Fractalite - Very stylish (she picked this one as her favorite. Her words when comparing with my ship - "Your's is like a cute Miata. Vision is like a car I'd buy)

16. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I *THINK* this might be because I am in closed alpha testing and uploaded the ship with a higher game version number than the currently released version. Sorry about that, didn't think of it... it was just "fast, fast, so little time..." But I am not sure. The ship itself should not have any illegal parts, at least none that I am aware of.

17. Amfidamant

Amfidamant Lieutenant

Also, in case anyone wants to combat test these ships - not sure if its the right way to do it, but how I did it with the omicron world save Trig provided:
    (I suggest turning on godmode for easier spawning/taking care of ships ('gm' in console))

In 'H' menu, get few stacks of fuel cells and a stack of "Alien Blocks" - looks like player core, but with red edges
    F2 menu, spawn something like BA_DroneBaseV2
    Fill the base with fuel;
    Find the core in base (you can do it via 'P' -> 'Devices' -> Filter for 'Core' -> 'Show on HUD')
    Replace that core with 'Alien Blocks' core from your inventory; 'P' menu should show faction as 'Aln' now.

When you're ready:
    Open console (~ key)
    Type in 'ai on'

Have fun: 20180225133127_1.jpg

18. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Can't see, why 10,5 are to wide ... (10,5x5,5x3,5)

19. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Those are meters, not blocks. This has bin clarified couple of times in the thread, because granted it is confusing.
    The block dimensions are on the blueprint page. Those in meters you have to basicly double it (x2) to get the block dimensions.

So 1 block = 0,5 meters
    10,5 x 2 = 21
    5,5 x 2 = 11
    3,5 x 2 = 7

But no worries, more challenges shall come. ;)

dpburke2, Tyrax Lightning and lochigg like this.
  20. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Still missed it ;)