[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Nice profile on that fighter Jack - has a mean look to it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

let me know how (if) it flies. I feel like it would get shot out of the sky pretty quick.

Jenniphurr and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

Kaeser, Dinkelsen, Sofianinho and 9 others like this.
  4. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Right off the bat, kudos on having the courage to go naked on the cockpit.

5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Let me get this straight...

A fighter...
    With no more than 4 weapons tops but with ALL the other luxurey?.... i'm out....
    Or is that weapon types? Nah that was seperate... so at best i could go 1 of each weapon (or 4 of 1 type or any combo), and call that a figher? *shudders*

Mind you, my SEA WARP EXPLORER has more weapons...
    Just saying :p

EDIT:
    I just refuse to call anything with less than at the very least hard hull and 6-10 weapons, a fighter.

EDIT 2:
    Also, i'm confused by the requirement of a warp drive for a fighter?
    To me, a fighter gets 'drop off' by a CV and starts his attack from there.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  6. Cleff

Cleff Captain

I believe a fighter can be a fluid definition. As long as it has the ability to attack something or bite back, it is technically fighting. In this case, we are looking at a light fighter or perhaps a scout fighter with the ability to operate independently from a fleet for a short period of time. Not all fighters are brawlers or projectile sponges. Imagination is fun.

7. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

My thought was the cockpit is 1750 hps and the combat steel blocks are only 200. So, yeah... if you get hit in the cockpit you have the same chance of surviving. And everything behind it is important. Plus, strangely I liked the look of it.

I need to strip the wings off (and pull the thrusters out to rearrange the contents of the right and left pods. Plus label the section they are in, as there should be a cockpit fridge, right side fridge and left side fridge plus right/left side constructors, generators and fuel tanks.

[​IMG]

8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I'm still having a bit of a creative block, so I made this 15x8x19 cage.
    If the ship fits inside it, I know it meets the challenge size of 13x6x17.
    Tear down the cage when done...

20180211002045_1.jpg

T431, malrose1, Sofianinho and 6 others like this.
  9. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Sorry, I'm not sure if I will participate. Seems I'm burned out of Empyrion atm, design blockade too, I think too much projects worked on lately... too much... and too long in the night...
    Perhaps I'm having a brake...

Yeah
    Yes. My smallest fighter I would call so is the MK-II, has Hardened Steel, 2 weapon classes with together 7 weapons. (The MK-I is just a Toy...)
    Anything below I do call Scouts.

Nevertheless,
    is right here.

Now, LONG RANGE engaging Fighters or Scouts are not unusual, even if you have a CV already, more so, if not.
    So for me, the Design Challenge is more of a Deep Recon Scout Vessel (DRSV) that can make a hit-and-run attack on some lighty armored installation (like a sensor array (possible in the future? ;-))...
    and not a real Combat Fighter that can devastate even fleeing enemies into their own territory...
    like my WarpHunter or Mark 5 (which has 4 weapon systems with together 18 weapons ;-)
    (and yes I have the WarpHunter before any CV)

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I thought cockpits are 700HP only? (and it's hardened Steel only, sadly, but yes, 200 HPs)

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  11. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

Hovering the multi-tool over it, it says 1750/1750

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  12. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

SV_Building_7_01_2018-02-11_10-29-55.png
    custom config by chance?

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Rough draft complete, when I thought of the requirements I thought of a light fighter with an insane amount of acceleration.

Tweaking and texturing will begin after I get some sleep.

20180211014142_1.jpg

20180211015259_1.jpg

20180211015340_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Kaeser, malrose1, Sofianinho and 7 others like this.
  14. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

[​IMG]

Must be, I have been playing on HWS NA. Didn't realize Rexxus completely rebalanced the items.

15. T431

T431 Captain

Wait a second, only 4 weapons allowed?

This is outrageous, it's unfair!
    How can you make a fighter and not have more than 4 weapons?

Anyways, this challenge seems more for a small scouting ship than a fighter.
    I feel like giving it a try though, after I finished up some other things...

16. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Aside from the fact that this is a Bragging rights contest, essentially, How about we leave the Bitching and whining about the rules to the professionals. IE. Our legislators and Executive branch.

The Lady set the contest. Follow the rules or don't participate. Coming here and Arguing the validity of the rules for a for fun contest run by a private player is counterproductive. ;)

17. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Fighter is a very subjective term when referencing Empyrion. I could argue that the Star wars x-wings are a small fighter with warp capabilities, along with a couple types of weapons. Even the shuttlecraft from star trek have warp onboard. But honestly I am not hear to argue, I just wanted to challenge people to build something with some lite restrictions.

I am a firm believer that restricting you to "x blocks" or "limited tools" really works your mind and push you to innovate design. With no limitations, in a game like this, honestly there is no point at making really anything.

But there is no pressure on contributing to this challenge. If this one doesn't tickle your fancy maybe the next one will?

In the meantime, I am going to start work on my contribution! I have a rough idea what I want to do but not sure if its going to work. Plus the added pressure of what I have seen from others, its going to be a long road ahead!

18. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

This is true, that is why the rules exist. However they do have valid points and from my previous post maybe a future challenge might be something others might enjoy.

I am excited how many have been taking interest in this challenge. I hope to grow these challenges over time. Plus if enough people participate, maybe start making this a regular feature.

Tyrax Lightning, Hicks42 and rucky like this.
  19. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Ok, the Peregrine Fighter has been uploaded to the workshop.

The ship is deliberately over-thrusted, (lets hope the devs remove the speed cap some day. :D)
    It hits the speed cap in 1 second, and takes less than 2 seconds to go from full forward to full reverse.

The devices are located on the sides and are accessible by the player W/O having to open the control panel.
    (But I highly recommend turning off the thrusters first.)

The ship has backup thrusters if the main ones get blown out.
    Similarly, the RCS units have been scattered throughout the ship in case one of them gets blown out.

The cockpit is located 2 blocks behind the nose, so the nose takes damage first.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  20. khajjah

khajjah Commander

My latest light fighters for Zero G challenge
    Two warp capable light fighters using the same frame. The Arrow was a block out of design restriction but looked better. The Stinger reduced width to be eligible. They are fully functional though far from ideal designs as they rely on their forward thrust in high gravity for manuevering and flight. All components are accessible through the control panel if not reachable directly.

[​IMG]
    Stinger
    A Workshop Item for Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    By: khajjah
    More manpower than parts? Got a great deal on Cloning Gels? Need to sell the idea of freedom and independance to your uninformed masses? The Stinger Light Jump Fighter may be the solution your seeking.

[​IMG]
    Arrow
    A Workshop Item for Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    By: khajjah
    More manpower than parts? Got a great deal on Cloning Gels? Need to sell the idea of freedom and independance to your uninformed masses? The Arrow Light Jump Fighter may be the solution your seeking.

Enjoy and let me know what you think about these inexpensive ways to die