[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

*Wonders if Aestus is typing up a Post on the Forums somewhere screaming "OP!!!" & demanding the Devs to Nerf your Genius...?* :p

For the Topic: I'm hoping to finish the SV & get it Submitted tonight... so ya'all can laugh your asses off at it & wonder if there's something the hell wrong with my Head.

Jenniphurr, Hicks42, Kieve and 2 others like this.
  2. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

We didn't need a contest to know that.

Bazinga. ;)

3. Tyrax Lightning

It's done! :D

Front View:
    [​IMG]
    This is Camo's Debut on a Tyrax Creation. What do ya'all think... is it totally sexy, or is it totally sexy? ^_^

Right View:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I still can't resist doodling my name on my Creations like a little kid. :p

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    Holy... freaking... Arceus... I actually somehow found a way to Enclose the 3x13x3 Jet Thrusters into those 2 holes on either side in a way that I somehow was able to make it feel not unacceptably Auto-Magic Cheaty... somehow... :eek: (Jet Thrusters not visible in Pic... they're in those Bright Blue Holes...)

Left View:
    [​IMG]
    I can only hope all those rows of 1x3x1 Thrusters got Mounted in a way that can hopefully feel not-cheaty... I wish the Jet Thruster Model & the Blocks cooperated better at connecting to each other.

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    I strongly suspect the possibility that this dude will NOT be regarded as a Ship Supermodel... I can live with that.

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    If only those Landing Gear were Hydraulic... then it'd be the way of this SV to carefully land on the Landing Gear then the Gear would hydraulically lower till the SV rested partially on the Landing Gear & partially if need be on the lower parts of the sides. Maybe someday...

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]
    I sure cut it close on the Dimensions... :p

Factory Spawn Resource Cost:
    [​IMG]
    might look like a spendy bugger, but ya oughta see how much past Creations of mine have cost before... :D

I hope I didn't miss any spots in the Rule Compliance. Was I also supposed to Submit the BP here for 'Personal Review' Jenn? Can't remember now... Got the BP zipped up & ready to go just in case.

*Whew*... still got my CV to finish...

4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Beefy! But, I think too big: 25 x 10 x 32
    @Jenniphurr Could you please update the rules to state clearly whether the dimensions given are in blocks (0.5m) or meters
    -Blocks: 13 x 6 x 17 = 6.5m x 3m x 8.5m on Stats page
    -Meters: 13m x 6m x 17m = 26 x 12 x 34 on BP (Factory) page.
    I know the confusion is partly Eleon's fault for different measurements on the various windows, but this seems to be a common point of confusion and it'd really help to have it stated clearly in the first post.

5. hound

hound Captain

Tyrax....uhm perhaps, if I am not being to forward you should rename that......
    To........... PURPLE REIGN................sorry it just slipped out.....

6. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

@Kieve I updated the per your suggestion. Specified blocks and showed Width Height and Length.

I have also put together a list of all the entries I have seen so far in this thread. Please read through them just to make sure I have them all.

And to clear things up multiple entries are Ok! Also I was going to vote on my favorite to feature on the Winners Collection, but if you all have some ideas on how to fairly vote for a winner I am all ears. (Due note I do not prefer using likes as they seem exploitable)

dpburke2, Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  7. Tyrax Lightning

Does this mean the Tyrax Camo Bomber still as I hope barely fits in the Rules? Oh, & still dunno if ya needed BP Submitted for Review or if that was optional.

Jenniphurr likes this.
  8. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

@Jenniphurr : I see Macbrea 's vessel listed twice in the list, just a head's up.

Jenniphurr and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

It's way too big, matey :(
    You're at 25x10x32 blocks and you need 13x6x17.

10. T431

T431 Captain

I wanted to go with a flying wing like design, but making it 13 blocks wide is proving to be difficult.

11. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302261142
    [​IMG]
    Done and posted. Not the fastest, the prettiest, or the most heavily-armed, but she's proving to be a very capable all-around workhorse SV. Can take a punch, dodge quite a few, and dish some back, and still carries just about everything you could ask for in an SV this size.
    [​IMG]
    Overall, pretty happy with the results.

Sofianinho, Kaeser, dpburke2 and 9 others like this.
  12. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Since a person or two asked about the desert variant here is a civilian version of it.
    [​IMG]

Here

Trig, Sofianinho, Kaeser and 6 others like this.
  13. T431

T431 Captain

Alright, I finally got around to making something for this challenge.
    It's really pushing the boundaries, only barely meeting the size requirements.
    I present to you: The T4 Phantom!
    20180215193524_1.jpg
    Originally I wanted to make a flying wing, but 13 blocks just isn't enough to do that, so I had to make some fundamental changes.
    Still, I'm happy with the result.
    20180215193530_1.jpg 20180215193534_1.jpg 20180215193624_1.jpg 20180215193633_1.jpg The ship is aimed at being a light gunship, for the measily 4 weapons we're allowed to have I decided to go with rocket launchers, so the ship will still be able to take out POI's well. I also managed to somehow put 5 seats in it, so you can take out a poi's turrets and deploy some troops to enter.

20180215195913_1.jpg
    The interior is kinda cramped, but it has everything you need accessible.
    20180215193651_1.jpg
    It's not very fast or agile, but this is a gunship, not an interceptor. Besides, it's more fuel effecient and cheaper this way.
    Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302391000
    I hope you all like it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Trig, Na_Palm, Theurgist and 13 others like this.
  14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Ugly, simple, leg room and cargo room. Me likey.

dpburke2, Jᴧgᴧ, monktk and 3 others like this.
  15. Tyrax Lightning

I guess back to the Drawing Board with me... >_<

Captain Jack II, Jᴧgᴧ and Hicks42 like this.
  16. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

I hope to release my submission tomorrow or on the weekend. Work and wife don't let much sparetime left to build the vessel...:D
    So 60 - 70 % of my first, to be published, SV are finished. Than texture and paint work...

17. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Loving all the contributions here! So, I saw the challenge, and fig'd I would contribute with my first sv build, The Star Hopper
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302487762

If you got to do a kessel run in 12-14 parsecs, this is the one for you, allowing you to skirt on by the nearby black holes, and navigate easily through any astroid feilds. Whether you want to run solo, or pack on an external passenger, this vehicle can do it, and in style. It's got it all, compact, fast and capable. Whether you are exploring the planets surface dog fighting it out, or just cruising the milky way, this star hopper will get you there, and back.

FEATURES:
    2X LOCKABLE STORAGE HATCHES
    2X GATTLING GUNS
    1X ROCKET LAUNCHER
    2X SMALL AMMO BOXES
    3X LARGE STORAGE CONTAINERS
    1X FRIDGE
    1X WARP TANK
    1X WARP DRIVE
    2X FUEL TANKS
    1X GENERATOR
    1x ARMOR LOCKER
    1X MOBILE CONSTRUCTOR
    1X O2 TANK
    1x O2 STATION

DIMENSIONS:
    (W) 8
    (D) 13.5
    (H)3.5

WEIGHT:
    20.3 TONS

THRUSTERS
    UP/DOWN: 4/4 SMALL UP/DOWN THRUSTERS

FORWARD/REVERSE:
    6/4 - 4 FORWARD MED THRUSTER, 2 LARGE FORWARD THRUSTERS/ 2 SMALL REVERSE THRUSTERS)

LEFT/RIGHT:
    1/1 - SMALL SIDE THRUSTERS

BLOCK COUNT:

DEVICES COUNT:

LIGHT COUNT:

Love to hear any feedback! Add me on steam, or look up Craftoholics in server browser.

Happy Crafting Guys and Gals
    StarhopperMKIfrontrside.png
    StarhopperMKIrearlside.png

Theurgist, Kaeser, Razorwire and 6 others like this.
  18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I made the 'Firefly' for the challenge - and while I think it's OK, it's not eventually quite what I wanted. Dimensions feel off, I felt a little that I ran out of building space. Or maybe I just tried to build the wrong vessel for the challenge. :)

Anyway, here's the 'Firefly' I originally built:
    20180212225608_1.jpg

... and here's the 'Cobra' in which it evolved to. It's got more of the 'gunship' look I was going for. Aaand it's much harder to fit thru your normal hangar door - so there's that too :D
    20180215232017_1.jpg

20180215232034_1.jpg

Anyway, too big (and too much guns!) for the challenge now - so my initial entry will stand. Unless I find the time to build a new one :)

Trig, Theurgist, Kaeser and 13 others like this.
  19. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

@rainyday Great work! I have struggled over and over trying to use that cockpit. But it just seems to fit that build so well! Thumbs up!

20. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I feel like this one is a bit longer than 17 blocks. Would need to verify tho

Tyrax Lightning likes this.