[ZeroG] Challenge Build 02! (HV) Tank ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Trig

Trig Captain

Allrighty got them all spawned in, world save attached below as a .zip
    world on game version 7.6.1
    Omicron / Creative / Empty world

Followed list on first page for names and order they were placed.
    lochigg's craft at 28, and StyxAnnihilator's at 29

Filled fuel on each, and turned off spotlights

Updated savefile attached that includes all 31 entries. (V2)

20180312194453_1.jpg
    20180310190609_1.jpg
    20180310190732_1.jpg 20180310190625_1.jpg 20180310190529_1.jpg 20180310190557_1.jpg 20180312194438_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    khajjah, Theurgist, Bigfeet and 14 others like this.
  2. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Docking pads added, along with ammo boxes (I accidentally placed down RCS's instead).

3. jrandall

jrandall Captain

dpburke2 likes this.
  4. jrandall

jrandall Captain

5. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Great work! I can't wait to walk around and see all these builds together! Make sure to check out his workshop and leave @Trig some thumbs up! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1320441190

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Trig like this.
  6. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

When I signed up a couple of days ago, I told myself - there are so many great builds, how can I even compete? What can I do to make something memorable, what niche is not occupied yet?

So here is a disjointed assymetric double tank that looks like a crossbreed between iPod and haul truck: the DOUBLE TROUBLE! It is wide! It is high! It even goes the 7*5 door - with some trouble :)
    DT_1.png

(Older gamers may recognise the angry eye pattern ;))

RED is a dedicated assault platform with enclosed cannon and a pair of everything for "self-defence". BLUE is a C&C (core inside) and an anti-air with its 360 degrees field of minigun fire.

DT_Red.png DT_Blue.png

DT_Red_back.png DT_Blue_back.png

Each half has two cockpits (why have a passenger seat when you can have a pilot seat?), an utility wall, an O2 station, but the interiors are very basic as we don't have consoles on HVs (and I didn't have time to learn how to make fancy LCD graphics).

DT_Red_2.png DT_Red_1.png DT_Blue_2.png DT_Blue_1.png DT_Stats.png

Both halves share ammo, oxygen, fuel, propulsion, and rotate around their common center, so the redundancy is very high, even if all engines are lost on one half, the other one can still drive away. Cannon compartment was meant also to limit the field of view, but that didn't work out, half of the time the cannon didn't shoot at perfectly visible targets for no apparent reason o_O

Overall it was a fun speed-building experience, but even though my entry technically qualifies, I still think of it as a WIP, at least until targeting bugs could be worked out.

Here is the link if you want to try it out - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1327194819

7. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Game version is probably the issue with this. Ill test it out just to make sure.

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  8. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Fuel fixed, now is 20h+
    One ventilator consumes 20 kW ! ? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yeah... Power Usage values for various stuffs in many peoples's humble opinions, including mine, is really outta whack.

dpburke2 likes this.
  10. styLmntz

styLmntz Commander

Hey Randall, not sure if this matters now and if anyone else have pointed it out. Anyway, noticed that I didn't come across any fridges in the Basilisk. Looks like an easy fix though, just reduce the cargo box size and just plonk a fridge down.

11. KwC TrixX

KwC TrixX Lieutenant

Any updates on this?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  12. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

13. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

If entries submitted on the 10th are valid (Saturday) then the zipped world is missing a couple.

14. Trig

Trig Captain

Updated the attached savefile in previous post - ZeroGChallenge2-HVdisplayV2 save contains all entries, and updated versions of the ones that were fixed.

Meant to get it done sooner, sorry bout that.

15. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I will have to download it. Hopefully it has little impact on the ones I have already been doing a walkthrough on. At this moment of silence that I wish voting had been part of this challenge. Not because I like losing, but because the silence can be even worse than losing. Now maybe there are those taking their time walking through the tanks, taking them for test drives, etc.. I admit it would take some time. I haven't fired a single thruster yet and it has still taken me a couple hours to just look at half the tanks. There was one I knew they had fixed some of their tank so I destroyed the one after looking around and then took a walk around the new one and wanted to cry. Perhaps I hadn't noticed the flaw in the first, but in the revised version I saw one of their innovations interfering with the O2 flow. So sad. I wanted to like that tank. Been taking notes, but I am not sure if I dare share any of that here. And as I said, I haven't even fired a thruster, or a gun yet.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  16. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

If I do actual testing, should I post those results here?

17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

as all entries included are actually "winners" I see no harm doing so.
    I would like to see some drive, handling & battle tests if you're going to make that :)
    Just be as constructive as possible (all are winners after all, even if some couldn't fire f.e....)

Na_Palm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. KwC TrixX

KwC TrixX Lieutenant

Indeed I thought there was going to be a bit of a test with them all and confirm they all covered the challenge rules :)

19. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

I got the inspiration late, so built for almost continuously 16 hours (sometimes swearing because of lack of block shapes and some other issues with construction and game mechanics). Why (this time) lack of color/texture details and some other minor issues (like no grouping in CP).

If to build it again, the size probably would have been 1/3 - 1/2 times smaller, due to current movement and mass ratio.

20. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

Yeah, some missing block shapes have been a complaint for quite some time.