Custom Playfields by Vexray

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Vexray, Jul 17, 2016.

1. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I'm not sure on the details of the mapfiles.raw, but I assume they are related to the topography of the worlds.

2. =ADK= Elite Goliath

=ADK= Elite Goliath Ensign

Is there a way to add some of these planets to an existing game? I tried, and I think adding them screws something up. May not be doing it correctly.

3. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

What issues are you having?

4. Gatt

Gatt Captain

In the past if i started a creative game i needed to copy the map files. if i start survival map it will generate a map file. think it might be something to do with creative always using the same seed and having pre placed structures, so it doesn't check if it needs to generate a map file. i could be wrong

5. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

You are attempting this in single player? I haven't had many issues in single player creative, but I generally work mostly in MP.

I am currently working on creating a new playfield in creative and not experiencing any issues. Do you have the log file where you are getting the error?

6. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I'm not having a problem, that was just my thought on why sometimes it needs a map file and sometimes it will generate one

7. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Map file is never generated. Each map type has on in the content folder. Empyrion will try to find the file in the content folder. Even in custom maps, it will use the ones the maps are related with. (IE, If your custom jumgle world is set to "Desert" as terrain in the biome section, Empyrion will read the map file from the Desert folder in the content's playfields folder.)

Again, usually. Once in a while, it won't.

8. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I'm confused with the map.raw and map_n.raw files. I'm not sure if they are terrain or views of the planet from orbit. I haven't tried experimenting with them enough to see if they are terrain or the orbital view. I am curious if they are either or both. The fact that you were able to change the view from orbit might make it seem as such.

9. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

I would really like to know this as well. I have a custom planet orbiting a... well, another custom planet, and they look great in orbit and from the ground but when you open the map, the one planet looks like a Moon! In the Map screen only from the ground of that one planet.

Any ideas? LOL Cheers.

10. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I have made copies of all my files then changed them so when i start a new game i have the custom procedurally generated planets. in my game content folder there is only the yaml file. when i start a survival game it will create the map. file in the savegame, and that will look like the planet. if i start a creative game i have to copy in a map. file or it won't load at all. all my custom maps in the save files only have the map.raw file so not sure what the other is for but i think that map.raw is orbital view. i even started a survival game with seed 0 so i could load in the custom planets and get a map. file that i could copy to creative, that makes the planets look right from space

11. Misunderstood Wookiee

Misunderstood Wookiee Ensign

These are fantastico_O

I recently purchased this game to go along with my collection as I also have SE, I am quite new too this game as a whole (Unity Engine however I am not new too that.) I was unsure how to use this at first but figured it out, I do not have the dedicated server downloaded yet though. I purchased this game for my defacto partner as well.

Seems pretty straight fwd adding new worlds, The actual config of the world is done via the playarea file it seems, are there any world editors around or is that all done by YAML???

I also found and downloaded "EMS Playfield Generator" I figure that would come in handy when adding new worlds of my own to the server or single player (had a small play with it seems fairly limited, If anyone can advise or help me start making worlds at some point that would be super great.

#Edit#
    Excuse my ignorance for I am new but I see there are overridden existing worlds that came with the game, whats changed, I cannot find a change long for the stuff post in the OP. I also see its possible to add new starting worlds for SP with images, Would it be possible to overhaul the detail of the starting worlds for SP so they feel a little more lush and overall more in line with your awesome new worlds and add the png images for the main menu.

12. Mireru

Mireru Lieutenant

Is there any water on Orthos? I know Aestus has those slimy patches of mud, and the yaml for Orthos seems derived when compared, but I've scoured the rock and not found anything.

Aside: our thanks to Vexray for the planets, and to JoeMorin for the updating of them. I'm rather partial to Orthos, and another player on our server seems to be quite enjoying Mios.

13. Amalek

Amalek Lieutenant

Not sure if anyone has posted this or had this issue. I have been using these custom planets for a while but just recently they all seem to be nothing but a shell. Even starting a new game when I go to one of the custom planets and drill down just a few meter I fall into the planet and reappear above it. Any Ideas?

14. Amalek

Amalek Lieutenant

I just downloaded the latest files and started a new server with the provided playfields and sector files and the server crashes while starting. Are these broken in current version? Cant add any of your planets to any new or save game without a crash or major issues. Is anyone else having this issue?

15. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Which latest versions?

16. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Sounds like mainbiome is missing layer 0
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832036944

17. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

18. Amalek

Amalek Lieutenant

Well I just looked at the files I just downloaded and they must be an old version because even the sectors file has the old x,y,z coordinates. Where can I find the current version 5.0.3?

19. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

The original files haven't been updated in months and stopped working before I started playing. However joemorin73 did upload a fix for the files before 5.0 came out. You have to use them plus add in the POIs from Vexray's original files. Post

I haven't check them since 5.0 came out. They may no longer work until patched again. They are still in my content folder on my computer, but I haven't added any in to my sectors file yet to actually test them.

20. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I'm currently using them on my server without any reports of problems. (Not saying they are 100% functional, but no one has reported any issues.)

That said, they should be operational. If there are any problems, let me know. I'll try to update them again.