Modding Drone Base POI question

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Blkdragon13, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

Question: I want to design a set of custom POI's for a custom planet, and I am now trying to figure what to do about the drone base. I want a custom Drone Base POI to go with the set, but how do you designate where the Drones and Troop Tranport spawns from? I don't see a way to designate a drone or tranport spawner in creative. It would suck to create a dronebase and then have them spawn in the structure and not do anything.

2. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

There is a section regarding the Drone Base at the end of the Playfield.yaml, I haven't looked at it myself yet so I can't tell you if it's possible to define a custom BP/Prefab, but there are settings for number and type of drones.

3. Blkdragon13

Blkdragon13 Lieutenant

Yeah, I found that part. It is more a question of where in the POIthe drones spawn from. If you edit the .yaml file, you can make any POI a "drone base", but it would suck of the POI isn't designed for it and they spawn inside the structure.

4. Gray

Gray Commander

I think the drone base itself just tells the game to respawn drones, they don't actually spawn in the structure (at least none of them I've seen looked like they do, never checked it).

and ofc it also depends if EGS is using any special blocks or other stuff we don't have access to.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

When you examine Drones Bases, there are special blocks - which I totally forget the name of - that I think handle Drone Spawning. There's one in the "tower" bit of the basic Drone Base design used on Akua, and another on the Pad where the Dropships spawn. I'm unaware if these blacks are available in Creative, but I assume they would be.

Aren't the Fortress POI's - i.e. the Masperson Drone Base - a user created POI? So, it must be possible.

Scoob.

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

It uses the same system as the other POIs, it has a ''group'' name to bring it into the game.

Random:
    - GroupName: DroneBaseAkua
    DronesMinMax: [ 2, 3 ] # Range of number of drones that defend drone base
    ReserveCount: 3 # Number of drones that will be replaced when defending drones got killed
    DroneProb: 1.0 # Probability that drones will defend drone base
    Difficulty: 5 # 0..4 -> 0 = no drone attack base ... 4 = max difficulty level (5, 6, 7 = low, medium, high difficulty but with infinite drone waves)
    PresetStyle: 2 # 0..4 -> see comment above
    # BaseAttack: DroneSmallAttackBase
    Stock:
    - Name: DroneSmallFast01Rocket # Name of drone
    Amount: 100 # Amount of drones in stock
    Extra: 0 # Type of drone 0..3 -> see comment above

This is the AKUA Yaml.
    In this case to swap the drone base you create your POI make sure it has an Alien core, and set its group nme to be DroneBaseAkua.
    That will give it a ''chance'' to spawn in.

If you want it to spawn and nothing else but it go below.

Or you can create a new group name all together, lets use ELEON as ours and do this to your Yaml file instead.
    Dont put any other builds in this group unless you willing to accept the game chooses them randomly.

Random:
    - GroupName: ELEON
    DronesMinMax: [ 1, 1 ] # Range of number of drones that defend drone base
    ReserveCount: 3 # Number of drones that will be replaced when defending drones got killed
    DroneProb: 1.0 # Probability that drones will defend drone base
    Difficulty: 5 # 0..4 -> 0 = no drone attack base ... 4 = max difficulty level (5, 6, 7 = low, medium, high difficulty but with infinite drone waves)
    PresetStyle: 2 # 0..4 -> see comment above
    # BaseAttack: DroneSmallAttackBase
    Stock:
    - Name: DroneSmallFast01Rocket # Name of drone
    Amount: 100 # Amount of drones in stock
    Extra: 0 # Type of drone 0..3 -> see comment above

Remember changing the Yaml will stop any of the other bases in the developers dronebaseakua group from spawning and there are more than one base in that group.

NOTE the DronesMinMax has changed also, the first number represents how many will definately spawn the second sets a limit to how many ''might''spawn having at 1, 1 ensures the only base in the group spawns.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. arg821

arg821 Commander

On our server we have created our own drone base, with invincible admin core, but no active weapons and it is a closed structure. We also set the playfield to have unlimited drone waves. This way, people go to our custom planets, make their bases, and drones never completely die as we have set a huge amount in stock, and since they cannot destroy the nominated drone base the attack waves will continue forever.

We of course have other default & custom POIs on planets too for players to shoot & loot. This scenario just allows something different for our players.

Andy.

8. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

Just curious do you know what the limit is for stock (range that can be used?)?

9. arg821

arg821 Commander

Quick answer - no. I have spent a short amount of time shooting them ,watching more appear and doing the same, over and over a few times but when you stuck level is set to 500+ .......no, haven't got the patience to try!