A few things I still dont know how to do (or if I can)

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Ronin94, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

My mod has come along nicely but there are still some things I am trying to do that I have no clue how to do.

Increase all constructor objects craft speed.

I was unable to find a value for this and even the fast setting is not enough for me. I want to increase most constructor build rates to 2x what they are now and furnaces to likely more than 5x. I have however been unable to find the values for this so if someone has any clue where they are I would appreciate it.

Change all plants currently growing 1 item to grow 2.

I can't find any values at all for any of the plants. I think this might be hard-coded with nothing I can do about it but if someone can confirm I would appreciate it.

Allow HV medbay on and cloning chambers on SVs
    Truth to be told I have no clue how to do this but it is actually a somewhat needed function as SVs have warp drives now.

Increase stone drop rate.

I think this might be another hard-coded value but if not please let me know.

Small O2 tanks

I can do this one partly by changing the value to another number but this only changes how much O2 goes in your suit and not into constructed tanks. If anyone knows how to fix this I am all ears.

Allow construction of currently unbuildable items. (armors, mods, and NVGs)

I ASSUME that I just add a new entry in the construction list part of the code that is properly labeled. However, I can also see this causing major havoc if done improperly. I just want to know if I am on the right track before screwing with this.

EDIT: I was mostly successful in doing this. I got the night vision to show up properly on the tech tree, however, I could not get them to show up in the constructor. I simply took the survival tool code and copied it changed the label to NightVision set the target to AdvC and added a steel plate to the recipe for a test. This is what the 2 parts of code looked like...

{ Template Name: NightVision
    CraftTime: 15
    Target: AdvC
    { Child Inputs
    SteelPlate: 1
    }
    }

{ Item Id: 2748, Name: NightVision
    Mass: 1, type: int, display: false, formatter: Kilogram
    StackSize: 1
    Category: Weapons/Items
    UnlockCost: 5, display: true
    UnlockLevel: 3, display: true
    TechTreeNames: Tools
    }

I have been mostly figuring this out myself by looking at the code but I am at a loss here as to whats wrong ...

Increase sentry turret turn rate.

The turn rate on these things is insanely low. I could not find a value on it that would change it but if there's a line I could add I would like to know what it is.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. The Hashtronaut

The Hashtronaut Commander

Hardcoded......

They took it away from us...its basically hardcoded now.

Hardcoded...the value affects alot of other things in the process....

Hardcoded...the value affects alot of other things in the process....

You can try adding the templates and see what happens, but i have tested alot of it and it never worked for me either
    I tried adding all the Armors/NVG's/Boosters to the Tech tree in a setup im building.
    it all ways threw me a errors..i reported it longtime ago..they ignored me.....

Not sure about this one either....might be Hardcoded also...

3. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

They really should make at least farmable plants a changeable value.

Why on earth did they do that? I can't understand why they would take away modders ability to mod.

Understand this one. Wish they would give us back the old rich setting as an ultra rich though....

Then why do they let you change its value in the file at all? Should be adjusted to use the config file value or removed from the config file to avoid confusion.

Ok will hold off on judgment for this one until more people comment

I think it is but was looking for confirmation.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

This is currently hardcoded; @Hummel-o-War, would it be terribly difficult to get this setting exported to the config file?

Because apparently players were (ab)using the allowplacingat option, and generating tons of bug reports when things inevitably didn't work right. At some point, he devs got tired of sorting through them, and rightly so. It's basically a case of "you did stupid things with this and wasted a lot of our time, so we're disabling this for the time being". I still think they should have left it enabled and simply deleted bug reports where it was being used incorrectly, but I can understand their reasoning anyway.

In the past, I've had this not work for certain items (boosters, at the very least). It's possible that's changed now that one of the boosters is craftable. Perhaps if we provide an exhaustive list of which items can't be made craftable, the devs will see fit to enable them for us :).

The Hashtronaut and Ronin94 like this.
  5. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Flip that around and it's doable. Instead of altering the drop rate, alter the recipies that use it.

Example:
    1 stone makes 100 crushed stone
    1 stone makes 20 iron
    Etc.

I do something similar myself...
    1 ore makes 5 ingots instead of 5 ore makes 10 ingots.

Ronin94 and geostar1024 like this.
  6. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

This works if you want more stone for direct use but it doesn't change what you need for blueprint construction. The main issue i have with the stone drop rate is how much harder it is to build with concrete. I do just wish they would bring back the old rich settings.

7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Blueprints should adapt to the config file settings. So if each crushed stone gives 10 cement instead of 0.5 cement, then the blueprint should require 20x less crushed stone.

8. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

Well i cant speak to a reduction but i removed the need for all late game ores from the repair station yet any blueprints with it still require them.

9. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

So, you altered the recipes of every device that appears in those blueprints so that they did not contain certain materials, but the repair bay is still asking for them? If so, that sounds like a bug (maybe the repair bay is using the default config values for some reason). Does the blueprint factory also show those material requirements?