A12 EXP - The Galaxy

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Peters Domenik

Peters Domenik Ensign

Unfortunately, that is never true at the Kriel Emperium, I found many planets where nothing was out of resources and a few stupid things, I find it very empty too, but it is only phase 1

2. Peters Domenik

Peters Domenik Ensign

because I am completely your opinion I think if you have everything rocket shield it is relatively easy and you get bored I would also be much more dangerous planet or things to add the example not only attack drones or space drones but maybe real planes with shield and I hope they can hurt something because then you always have fun and thrills

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Titanium is found on arid desert snow and ocean planets. Not starting planets though.

Galactic faction territory has an impact on which factions can be present.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    There IS now quite a chance that you will NOT find POI or resources or any live (other than maybe plants and mosquitos) on a lot of planets.

5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Will this be the normal or is this going to change in future updates?

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This will happen and be "normal" to some extend. Especially in the non-territory worlds. Or do you expect EACH world of 15.000 Systems to be inhabited?

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I hope that stays that way!

Morkar and RazzleWin like this.
  8. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Wasn't expecting anything. I like the idea that not everything is inhabited.

9. redsword2354

redsword2354 Ensign

no poi's i guess can make sense, but no ores?

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Not every Planet should have always stuff. Have no Problem with such Planets.;)

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Hummel-o-War Question: Where in the Star System Panel do I find the Info about allowed Structures to be Spawned or Sector Allowances for Vessels to Enter?

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's on the info with all the other stats (temp, radiation, type, etc).

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I did not see any info. Neither on the Galaxy, The Sector nor the Planet itself. If you could point me towards it...?
    I don't know on what I have to look to get that info. Sorry.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It only shows if there's a restriction in place.
    The default survival game has no playfields with restrictions so you won't see it there.

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Oh well, than I am at least not blind....because I could in No Sector spawn my CV...:rolleyes:
    but I could spawn it later on the Snow Planet...o_O

I got this funny little red line I know from the Dead Planet...

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If it's default survival please report as a bug.

17. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

I *think* this is the right feedback thread for these thoughts. If not, please direct me where I should have posted, and I'll move it or something. Thanks. :)

I haven't been able to warp around much yet, but here's some initial thoughts:

Warp costs/drive differentiation
    It looks like we are separating out the functions of the CV warp drive vs. the SV warp drive: the SV can only do "system" warping, while the CV makes the big leaps across systems (at least, that's what my starting map looked like? Everything in my start system is 100% SV range, which is really nice, and if that's consistent, it's a FANTASTIC update...!)

If this is the case, I really LIKE this. It gives the SV warp drive an immediate use/function, but to really get out, you have to have the CV.

However, penta costs might need to be looked at. The local warps all still are listed I think(?) in Lightyears, which makes no sense anymore, as it's going to be a rare solar system that is 10 lightyears across, right? 10 light minutes, absolutely...

Perhaps those could be changed to something like light minutes or AU?

I also find it really odd that it costs me about 10-12 penta to go to my neighboring planet, but I can warp to another system for... 25?

It would nice if the costs were a tad more proportionate, without raising the system warp (to go between solar systems) cost too terribly much...?

Those are just "food for thought" comments.

Starting system resources
    Once I got into orbit and looked around the system, I was startled that I had both Zasc and Erestrum available in this area. In fact, I had just about everything in my starting system... or so I thought, until I went to make my CV.

My starting system was missing Neodymium, Sathium, and Titanium... all of which are necessary to make any sort of first-tier CV.

I was able to scrounge enough Titanium salvaging the wreck of the Titan (which has a lot of Titanium... go figure!), and I may be able to find Sathium from the crashed capital vessels, but the only source of Neo I've found is surface rocks on the barren planet.

Gathering a few hundred or thousand Neo ore mining surface rocks is about the grindiest thing I have ever done in EGS. Ever. EVER. This falls under "ragequit" unhappiness levels. :(

The starting system doesn't necessarily need Zasc and Erestrum, but it's imperative there be Neo and Sath there. Heck, I even found GOLD... but I'll never be able to warp out without those two resources. Those three in red above should always be part of the starter system by default... if not, there's almost no chance of ever leaving. What's the point of having tens of thousands of stars, if you can't get out of the first one?

EDIT:
    Almost forgot: it would be really nice if you could mouse over the little resource icons and see the text for their names in the view panels. I thought I had sathium until I warped into the system and found a gold asteroid. And I've always had trouble telling the small versions of the Cobalt and Neodymium icons apart.

Starting galaxy name
    .... is Ellyon. Eleon. :)

Since it's showing up so much, now I'm curious about the story behind that name, or were we just being cute?

(I like it, but if there's a story, I'd love to hear it....)

I don't have much else to say on galaxies (other things, yes :) ) until I can warp around, which will probably not be until A13 comes out at this rate, but I figured I'd start with something... :p

(did y'all miss me? I'm baaaaaack! :) :) :) )

18. Darksynapse

Darksynapse Lieutenant

Not being settled makes sense as in no POI's but almost all planets in the universe have some kind of resource. There's really no void planets that contain absolutely nothing of use.

You could also make planets that are so terrifying no one wanted to settle on them.

Parasite infested
    Extremely hostile animals
    Radiation
    Extreme hot/cold cycles or tidal locked where one side is extremely hot and the other extremely cold (lava/ice planet in one)
    Etc, possibilities are endless

That way they could still contain resources and make it a challenge for the player even if no POI's.

19. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

That's the kind of stuff @ravien_ff does in his scenario. I'm still waiting for the devs to start putting in his planets to fill the gaps in the galaxy.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think too many of my planets go outside the limits they want in the default game. :D

Germanicus likes this.