A12 EXP - The Galaxy

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

I was afraid of that :/
    maybe a set of solar panels with the efficiency cranked up o:

2. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

My new game started without neodymium. To bad.
    And just two titanium depots, all over my system. (Just 130 ores)

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Do you have a barren planet in your system? it has surface neo rocks all over. but... getting enough to anything is.... tedious.

Grandirus and Germanicus like this.
  4. Demonic

Demonic Captain

I myself would love to see me some O'Neill cylinders :D

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Germanicus likes this.
  5. byte

byte Ensign

First... realy realy great jop!!! The Galaxy, the center with ring&jets , placement of planets in solar system, gasgiants… that feels much more "real" and plausible as in NMS. I'm realy happy and impressed. Simple concept, maximum effect.

But one wish… (maybe i had just luck or its planed) can you create areas with realy high difficulty level's? (mobs, envoirement, etc) Maybe from out to center => easy to hard. Or Areas with hard/superhard/insane. One problem in E is … for experienced players like me E is at the moment not realy a callange. I can deal with all problems. The only way atm is make it "slow"... thats boring. And i know, you cannot add more "difficulty" in general, cause of new players. But with the Galaxy you can create a "fluent" and growing callange… with difficulty up to "insane". Please give us (a few) planets/solarsystems with crazy difficulty mobs/poi's/envoirment. :D And a posiblity to find these.

On my test with A12 i take the way to the center. And i have no problems to get there with my simple explorer CV (lvl 25, size 2, just 6 gats and shields). All mobs where lvl. 1 or 2

6. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I will take a look if there's rocks to mine.

Pach likes this.
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's also neodymium rocks on the swamp planets, including the swamp starter. Non-starter moons usually have a fair number of neodymium rocks on the surface as well.

8. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Yes, but the problem is that Neo is one of the critical resources to get a CV.

And mining fifty-bajillion surface rocks goes back to the days mining, before it was revamped to faster and not be so grindy.

This is why it needs to be somewhere in the starting solar system (but not the starting planet system).

It looks like my new start is once again missing it. I have sath and ice both now, but no neo...

9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There should be a preset solar system requirement for the starter system. So that the main elements all generate, every time in the starter system.
    Maybe with smaller deposits in the starter system and larger ones in other systems to get players offworld and out mining somewhere other than their home planets.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's currently bugged and the starting system does not use the correct solar system config.

Germanicus, Pach and Vermillion like this.
  11. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

And here I thought it was because I was picking Arid start worlds. It's good to know this is planned to be addressed. If so, I'll try to be more patient. :)

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well, my Start System has NO Neodymium and Sathium on its 3 Planets and 7 Moons (+7 Asteroid Fields too).
    But that is of no concern to me. I am now Level 10 and have already 120 Neo Ingots and 40 Sathium Ore. And, of course, all the other Goodies such as Zascosium and Erestrum and Titanium. And all in limitless quantities:D.
    My Arid Planet and the 2 Barren Planet contain A LOT Desert Golems.;)

13. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I think we should have some kind of deployable hydrogen collector device that we can drop around gas giants (space version of water collector, but for hydrogen).

Either it yields hydrogen bottles, or we have to give it promethium (as well as fuel to power it) and it yields fusion cells.

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I don't know if they plan on changing what is in the starting system but it's just a bug I've noticed with my own scenario.

15. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Well, if it's not using the correct system for the start world, I'd at least like to see the "correct" version so I can evaluate *that* for startup, if that makes any sense?

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Last I checked, all the solar system configs were the same except for the stars at the center.
    Again this can definitely change though. :D

17. bashfullsson

bashfullsson Lieutenant

I just completed a tour in a CV. Thoughts: high tier materials (zasc/erestrum/pentaxid) are trivial now. After few jumps one can find planet with safe deposits. My CV has not even single gun, no shields, still got back full with materials. After few jumps there is NMS effect: it is all different, but still the same. Guess there is no way aroud this. :)
    Pentaxid cost to warp: since we warp always to the star (and that's good), most of total fuel cost is for intrasystem jumps. This just feels wrong. Maybe for jumps within system CV should always consume 1 penatxid, regardless of distance?

18. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

I am playing on the EXPserver for a couple of days now. While the galaxy is great in general it seems impossible to orientate yourself or to coordinate and meet with others. I mean even if i want to meet someone it's difficult to find the meeting point.
    I would suggest to put a grid over the galxy that simply splits it up in quadrants and sectors.
    So than we could meet in the lulu moon sector of the inumani system in sector C3 in the alpha quadrant.

iliapugach likes this.
  19. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Not tried co-op yet (as they still havnt released the dedicated server yet), however does sharing a waypoint not work across playfields?

20. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

Just with your faction or with everyone. So it could be a workaround to meet but i would still have no orientation.