A6.3 Feedback: New Coop Mode

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 2, 2017.

1. toastmasta

toastmasta Ensign

That was what I was asking. I was trying to convert a local save to a dedicated server to do a workaround for the local coop/lan being broken in the last patch.

However, it isn't feasible on my machine to have a dedicated server as that's the one I'm also playing on; and it just kills my resources.

2. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Ensign

Before you get too far into making this new coop mode, there's been a rash of problems created by it for dedicated servers that require some emergency repairs because a lot of people are now spending money on server hosts that they cannot use due to this recent patch. The slip-shod patchwork that requires a full machine restart is making it impossible to log into several professionally hosted servers if any changes are made to the adminconfig.yaml or if EAC is activated... and if those machines happen to be running on Linux you can't even password protect them to reduce the number of hackers logging in to use admin commands and spawn in hordes of NPCs on top of players to make the game unplayable for them.

Also I would like to point out that this very website is unsecured so even signing up to inform you of this has put me at significant security risk due to the ease you've provided for hackers to ruin everything involved with this game's development process.

I would love to be logged into the dedicated server I rented, testing out gameplay and looking for issues... enjoying what the game already has to offer with some friends and building up a community to support continued development... but this recent patch has made that literally impossible for the moment. Please fix it immediately.

3. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

those file:// links only work locally if i remember my HTML correctly.

TheTinyMan and Kassonnade like this.
  4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I fixed the links. Tx !

Strangely, copying the address and pasting them in the "add link" field did not change them, I had to paste them directly in my message...

5. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

I think all you'll be able to change without touching code is actually the difficulty settings as per single-player. To Actually Add/Remove Content/Playfields will /always/ require messing with some form of computer code.

6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I believe we can change these things simply in the "dedicated.yaml" file, which is plain text. The last section of the files concerns "difficulty settings" and it is self-explanatory. If the short "how-to" Pantera gave in this thread is valid, than we can change these settings by commenting out (removing the # before a line, leaving the one before the explanation) and putting the value / word we want :

### --- Difficulty settings ---
    ### Notice: Changing some of the difficulty settings require to start a new game in order to take effect
    # DiffEscapePodContent: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Determines the content of your equipment when you start a new game
    # DiffPlayerProgression: Normal # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall player progression speed by earning more or less XP
    # DiffDegradationSpeed: Normal # Low, Normal, High, Off --- Influences the speed of degradation when using weapons and tools
    # DiffRadiationTemperature: Normal # Low, Normal, High, Off --- Influences the impact of temperature and radiation on the player
    # DiffAmountOfOre: Normal # Rich, Normal, Poor --- Influences the average amount of ore that a deposit contains
    # DiffNumberOfDeposits: Normal # Plenty, Normal, Few --- Influences the average number of deposits per planet
    # DiffDroneBaseAttack: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard, Off --- Influences the difficulty of the drone base attacks (infinite waves, number of waves etc.)
    # DiffDronePresence: Normal # Low, Normal, High, Off --- Influences the overall number of drones that are present on a planet
    # DiffEnemySpawnRate: Normal # Low, Normal, High --- Influences the spawn rate of enemy NPCs on a planet
    # DiffAttackStrength: Medium # Easy, Medium, Hard --- Influences the overall difficulty when attacking enemies
    # DiffConstrCraftTime: Normal # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall craft speed of constructors
    # DiffBpProdTime: Normal # Faster, Normal, Slower --- Influences the overall production speed of the blueprint factory

7. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/page-6

Thanks guys for the links, but I did not see the solution, I see that the problem is active. In my case, the game itself in a single game works stably without crashes and problems, so when you try to enter through the launcher and EAS, the game crashes when you start the main game. With this problem a year ago I collided in space engineers and after the amendment everything worked and works, with other games and programs on the computer I do not know the problems and therefore I do not want to change windows. In the emperion after the second update, version 6 about the game on the Internet forgot that it does not start with an antichite. I'm waiting for the Decision, I would be the programmer myself, but I'm not one of them and therefore hope that they will correct or the game will have to be sent as the most annoying marriage to the basket. Thank you for your work.

8. TheDeadlyShoe

TheDeadlyShoe Captain

coop mode is working alright for our creative coop, but the friends list join is highly unreliable to the point that i just use ip join instead.

9. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

Too many files to run the game for different situations and it's bad that one file passes for one Windows, another for another, and the transition crashes the start, the dances with the tambourine. It's not possible to make one startup file and add anti-cheat files. I have a stable mode of operation, there are no complaints, but when I start with EAS, the game just crashes at startup and the errors are always different, I showed it on the photos, it's when I do not meet Windows, I run into it once a year and decide in five minutes Launch with the help of adaptation, but at the moment I tried all the options that would run with antichit and therefore the game is only in single mode because I play with anti-reads on the Internet, and it's bad. You'd better know that you added the 6th version in the second update with which it started, I wait for the weather

10. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

Is there a way to start the new coop server as a dedicated server without launching the whole game?

It seems to be the regular dedicated server, as it requests that you start it "with one of the EmpyrionDedicated cmd batch files".
    The dedicated.yaml is in the savegame folder, but there is no way to select a savegame with the
    dedicated.exe?

Something like "EmpyrionLauncher -startDediWithGfx -save NewGame01" ?

(A 7.2.0 1277 Experimental)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017