Admin Teleport option

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hawkie, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I am wondering whats wrong with the Teleport option in console now? In the explanation/help text it refers to the old ways of just entering the playfield name. But with the new maps you seem to be forced to be in the same Sector as where you wish to teleport. What is the correct syntax to use to teleport to a playfield in another sector? And here comes a very important question for me. If I have a player on my server and he asks for help, and I want to help them, I cannot see what system they are in, and since i cannot teleport on the playfield name alone I cant get there to help them easily. So whats up with this?

Second little thing is an observation after a short while with players in the v12.

1. Players used before to gather up 3-4 of them in the same playfield, so with 15-20 players online i usually had just 4-6 playfields running. Now I quite often see 15-20 of them running. And since each of them reserves memory this could soon eat up server memory. Thankfully i have a server with 512GB of memory, so I am fairly well off. Seems players also "jumps" much more and thus opens new playfields all the time, that takes some minutes to close down again.

2. With the new maps people are having massive problems finding their way. The search helps a little, but like on my server now there is over 400 playfields generated, and people fly far out. When they want to get back they can the first or second time follow their warp lines, but as they fly around it just gets a mess and they cant find their way back. The last few days I have had 10 players quit in pure frustration of getting lost in space, away from their buddies. My suggestion is that in addition to the search button, you get a"calculate route" option. And it calculates the shortest route to your target from the sectors you have in your registry or something. Even have this as a buildable, like a Enhanced Map Computer.

3. There seems to be some stability issues with the current version, and I would really like to see logs getting better, so the server admins can help more figuring out the issues.

Sephrajin and Khazul like this.
  2. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

@Pantera you are a smart guy, any suggestions on this?

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hey to get to another playfield in another start now first teleport to the star with:
    sector StarName

then from their either use the sector command ot teleport to the planets orbit or use the tt command:
    sector PlanetName
    tt PlanetName

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A route option would be really nice.
    Don't forget you can place way points on the galaxy map too to help find your way.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Its a little hard when i dont get information on their sectors from player info, and in some of the cases we are talking about players so new they dont understand the map system at all and have got lost. Btw, i keep getting lost myself now, as there is simply to many paths and sectors to navigate