Akira Server Custom Planets

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Javarox87, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I am doing a reboot of the old "Destiny Server" a few of you may remember called Akira. I'm featuring quite a few custom planets and overhauled my planets from Destiny with the Empyrion Planet Designer tool (Amazing Program!) Below are some screenshots and downloads of the planets for the community to host on your servers or in your single player games.

-Next Post has Yamls

Note:
    SpaceSrisaringka - "Red Dwarf is 0, 0, 0"
    orbit is designed for 5 planets... load it up with just the Red Dwarf planet and place planets in asteroid belts and rings to taste.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Yaml files 1/2

Attached Files:

3. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

yaml files + epb 2/2

Attached Files:

4. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

These look very promising! I will load them up on my test server and have some players from my main server log on and see what they think tonight :)

5. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

You should probably load the screenshots and not the thumbnails, it's a bit hard to see anything...

6. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Ty... I'll be getting some better screenshots through the day. The ones I have posted are from my testing, not quite the finished products.

7. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Awesome, I would love any feedback, comments, etc on improving them too. Especially with "Adel" since it's a starter planet.

8. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

These are some very beautifal planet designs. A couple I wasnt so impressed with, however the majority are gorgeous. Definately worth all the custom work I had to put into them to work for my server (changed out POI's for my customs, added in gear / items for respawn on death and renamed to fit out themes) Great work. 10/10 would do it again.

9. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Ty for the 10/10... the boring planets are the ones I'm interested in... Im playing around with XML's and the less interesting planets can easily be my target for them.

10. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

I have screenshots but since I've changed the planets names and tweaked them a tad it wouldn't make sense compared to your planet names. If you would Like i could load them up in single player and take some good screenies and post them here to coincide with proper names. In fact i'll post a few now, just wont be able to tell you which are which. Here is the first set.

Attached Files:

11. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

Here is the second Set.

Attached Files:

12. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

Last Set.

Attached Files:

13. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

Alot of very beautiful planet designs here tho. I'm mucho impressivo! My player base LOVED them upon release last night. I'm sure I will find some issues, however they all seem very well designed. I haven't had any reported issues of holes in the map, falling thru / drilling into open air sorts of things (minor pf changes can cause drastic bugs!) I honestly didn't get all of them into the server, i want to say 7 total from the pack listed above. I made some yaml errors while changing POI spawns to my custom POI's and the adding of loot for death respawn (gotta have atleast a chainsaw / drill :/ and some bio fuel lol ) Very very minor things to change though. If you're using EPD utilize those other menus / add in manually to get them to show up sometimes. One thing I'm curious to do next is to edit my traders (can't wait to see the issues i have messin that up haha!)

14. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I haven't successfully gotten the trader file to work through using EPD, but opening it up in notepad++ and editing the old fashion way works great to adjust prices and add items.

EPD has been a great tool, I used it to update these planets from when I created them in 5.0, I have dozens more with holes in the ground, CoQ's, null:Key, argument exceptions, and rescource spawn fails. Adel (the starter planet) I have tweaked for my server since the random meteorites do not function, Sathuim is only present in its orbit.

Thanks for uploading all the screenshots, the planets are still a little bare for my liking. I love to see them being used and being filled with POI's. This thread is amazing.

... Achiellion (the planet that has all Rescources except E, Z, Gold... red water, first few pics of the last set) It looks like from the screenshots it's missing most of its deco or the water level is typo'. It was a starter planet on Destiny so it should be very vegetated. Are you using a certain seed for it?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017