Alpha 10.5 - Updated LCD Panels + LCD Projector

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Bollen

Bollen Captain

It's lovely and I'm really looking forward to extended functionality! One request: can we please get more floor numbers? Most of my ships and bases have more than 9 floors...

ravien_ff and Track Driver like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Yes! But could we also have "Decks", please. On ships, they are usually, if not always, referred to as decks.:)

Bollen likes this.
  3. Track Driver

DITTO!

4. Track Driver

Inspired by @Vermillion earlier post, I took a crack at my own HUD targeting display. I added a custom switch to turn it off if I wanted.
    2019-09-24.png 2019-09-24 (1).png
    This is my 3rd iteration as the others got muddled in the tweaking process and it was difficult to recreate them exactly. Mine is much simpler than Vermillion's as I assume he has far greater skills and a good deal more patience than I. I look at his example and am thoroughly impressed. (I guess that's why he's a Rear Admiral and I'm not.:)

It would be nice if signa could be saved/stored for repeat use. Doing these from scratch every time is a royal pain in the keester!
    I see all the 'codes' and my brain shrivels up and hides in my ear to block the sounds of my screams.
    It would be great if someone could great a couple Targeting HUD display sprites that could be selected and projected like our current selection. I would also like to see sprites of instrument/control panels.

I hope, ultimately, these tools will become more user friendly. I have noticed some improvement in that area. I hope it will continue.

Bollen likes this.
  5. Track Driver

Since I posted above, I discovered some pre-made LCD screens from the workshop of @IndigoSynn. I also found how to copy/paste screens I created using Ctrl+F & Ctrl+V.

I can only imagine the tremendous time and effort that went into making these screens. He and the others who contributed to the 2 sets of screens are to be commended and thanked for making them available.

Thank you.

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's also this thread: https://empyriononline.com/threads/lcd-screen-archive.43708/
    It also contains IndigoSynn's screens as well as my targeting HUDs.

ravien_ff, Bollen and Track Driver like this.
  7. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

I would like to suggest a change to the current LCD Editor screen, to move the Text Editor and Configurations to the left side of the screen so we can see what we're doing in real time without having to constantly close the editor to see what we're doing or try to make up what is behind the editor screen