DEV BLOG Announcement: Version 1.5 + brief prospect of 2021

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I think it would be a cool feature to add a specific "quest items" tab in the player inventory, where said items and objects would be represented (not a storage tab) and "saved/ locked" so players can not lose them/ sell them etc. Once the object has been picked up, it is "saved" and shown as icon in that tab, but can not physically be taken back/ used by the player (just a quest state indicator, in other words).

Unique items (token with custom icon) could have a toggle property (isQuestItem) so when players pick them up they trigger the "quest step completed" flag and appears in the "Quests Objects" tab of the player inventory, until completion of the task/ quests (then automatically RemoveOnUse).

Alternative could be a Bold Letters warning "Quest Item - Can not be sold/removed" in the tooltip when hovering mouse cursor over it, and item can not be picked up from inventory. Of course this would eat up spaces in the normal inventory and cause problems when running several tasks/ quests at the same time, so just a temporary solution.

This would not concern "bring me X Sathium Ingots" quests or tasks since these things can be obtained again, but for unique objects it could avoid problem...

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Germanicus, byo13 and krazzykid2006 like this.
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Ahhhh, I can heal/repair my CVs now. Excellent.
    Project Eden 1.4.5_2021-05-01_11-30-40.png

byo13 and Kassonnade like this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

emot19_thumbsup.gif

Love that Suggestion! Would be quite the same we have in SWTOR, where we have a sec Tab/Inventory in which Quest/Mission Items are getting 'stored', like Key Cards, obtained Rewards which we have to deliver to someone else from a drop/Loot and so on.

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That looks in SWTOR like this ->
    Screenshot_2021-05-03_21_08_01_623225.jpg

Wellingtoon and Kassonnade like this.