Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. ginge070

ginge070 Ensign

Deconstruction Block opposite of the repair block so when you no longer need your small HV Sv you can Deconstruct automatically

RedBaron97 likes this.
  2. ginge070

ginge070 Ensign

Walkways with railings single sided and double sided and 3 sided that fit in one box area,
    Double side railings , 3 sided railings that for end of walkways

3. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Commander

This would be a nice thing :)

4. OddTheViking

OddTheViking Ensign

I would love this also.

For that matter I would like to see all kinds of compact furniture and device blocks. The inside of a spaceship of vehicle is going to be cramped! How about a single block crew quarters (with sliding door)? Single block office/workstation?

5. Zathras

Zathras Lieutenant

Here's a simple request...

Can we see a choice for an angled Shutter Door blocks? Ramps can kinda work here, but ramps don't have forcefields built in!

And how about an option for Armored Shutter doors as well?

Siege Inc. and SoCalExile like this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

When leaving a cockpit, the player should exit relative to where they got in from. So that if you access a cockpit from the back through the pressurized interior, you leave the cockpit where you got in.
    Same deal for open seat cockpits, since more than once i've gotten out of the pilot's seat and found my head stuck half way through the roof instead of next to the seat where I got in from.

7. hanrahan6

hanrahan6 Ensign

Have the color tool be able to sample an existing color and use that going forward. It is difficult to match the colors of an existing SV that I took over and repaired (the one from the Robinson Protocol.)

RedBaron97, SoCalExile and Xzanron like this.
  8. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Commander

Yeah, that would be cool

9. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I see folks trying to build ships where the crew areas are only 1 block tall, which makes a lot of sense to me in that I usually make vessels with minimal crew quarters. Anyways, there are a few crew items that are 2 blocks tall that would be nice if there were 1 block tall alternatives.

So, rather than lay a Medical Bay, Oxygen Dispenser, or Repair Bay thing on their side, how about some variants where they are 2 blocks wide, instead of tall?

Christianholmes likes this.
  10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I think it would be really useful if we could get some non-LCD LCD-like blocks that:

- Have no background (its fully transparent)
    - Have no frame
    - Text area/text color edit and behave the same as LCD
    - Does NOT turn off automatically with power!
    - Can be manually, or signal logic set to active/inactive

This would allow better 'text writing' on the sides of ships and walls, with something that does not obscure the wall and texture behind. Also also doesn't vanish if the power is off =p

So imagine being able to have writing on the sides of ship... kinda like this (but better texturing behind):
    20180918124540_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    for CVs

[​IMG]
    shield module maybe?

[​IMG]
    HVs really need some love!

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Great!
    What I am saying for a while now, enclosed Gun-Turrets and not single barreled Gun emplacements

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  13. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I think they are hinting at this in the next update. But I have to say, after being on this forum for a few years- some people don't want realism, they want science fiction. They like it the way it is. I don't blame them, although I think a lot of these systems should be overhauled to make a more cohesive experience. So I propose they make these features adjustable in the server/game settings...

But yeah, the repair bar does not need to be large. But it should take time and energy. I think the "7 times" thing is a placeholder. The oxygen dispenser does not need to be large, but also- it should take time to fill the tank. And the med station needs to change the most. From Star Wars to Aliens to Star Trek, med bays are not instant even if they have nano technology. It would cool even it was as simple as the longer you stay in the medbay the more it heals.

14. pachangas

pachangas Lieutenant

Sorry if this is repetitious, but I've been away from the game for a while and recently returned.

I've got a cool effect going where I have a trail of blinking flares leading from a hangar door to two HV bays. The flares blink in turn/order so it looks like a 'follow the lights to park' feature.
    That's all good and works well, but the problem I have is that it's not possible to detect is an HV bay is empty. What I want to be able to do is 'lead' the HV to an empty bay.
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to detect an empty bay. If you aren't piloting an HV/SV, switches aren't triggered, so you can't tell whether a parking bay is empty.
    Probably what would be easiest to implement (ok that's a huge assumption, but I'm a coder...) is an "HV/SV Core Detector" switch, similar to an area sensor, but is only activated when an SV/HV core is in the trigger area. This means I could switch the flare trail between bays depending on whether they are empty.
    It could also be used on a CV to show which SV bays are free as well.

While I'm here, and to veer off topic even further, it would be good if your base/CV was able to emit status sensor signals, which you can then plumb in to device changes.
    For example:
    • Day/Night status (e,g. turn on lights or toggle between red and white lights)
    • Enemy in sight - e.g. turn on red flashing lights, deploy turrets and lock all the doors!
    • Fuel / oxygen / power usage level triggers - e.g. turn on warning lights when fuels reaches 10%
    What's probably a bit harder, but would be very cool, is to be able to display these signals is a custom HUD somewhere at the edge of the screen. Or failing that have an placeable LCD or holo display that you can plumb signals into, to display simple bars or flashing lights. Maybe that going too far...

Siege Inc. likes this.
  15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I can understand the Wishes of Players to get more stuff into the game for control of what is where and who boards what and when. I really do. Me on my part would like to see more blocks inplemented to make far longer slopes on ships and bases, give us the ability to smoothen surfaces. having actual Turrets like @The Tactician[ Λ ], me and others argued about several times now and many more stuff. But, after all, this game is still ment to be a Survival game, with the abiltiy to built HVs, SVs, Bases and CVs to leave the area of Space again and search for a new Home for Humanity (or the Centre of the Zirax Empire to deal with this deadly Threat). Whatever the plot will be we are only temporary banished to those Planet and are surely not here to stay...at least not at first.;)

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  16. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Square light blocks, like a steel block but a light source but without the bright initial emitted glow point and in fact using one of the currently available light textures.

So that texture lights up, the light is emitted but the bright glowy point source like on a normal light is not visible, (looking to gain softer lighting as my plasma screen does not like the existing ones for too long screaming IT BUUURNS IT BUUUURNS!

You can simulate what I am trying to do by using a retractable turret as a ceiling in a room, spray it with a lit texture, the texture light powers on and off with the turret power but of course no light source as this was not meant to be one.

If we had a simple square block that could do that but emits lights without the bright glow point, we could incorporate lights into vessel structure without always looking for a spot to place a little light instead and there would be the option then of non blinding light sources.

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Actually... way way back, pre-alpha... there was "Light Block", which was force covered with that one texture of flourescent tubes in a metal cage... it used to emit light softly in a room. Then the light emitting part was removed. Then the whole block itself was removed.
    :)

Its not a bad idea, but it once existed and was removed for some reason.

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  18. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

You know whats funny, when I was writing this suggestion it occurred to me that in the earliest days of EGS there must have been a default square block light source lol, being minecraftysortofish in its beginnings.

Thank you for confirming that :D

I don't see any reason for it to no longer exist, it can still be useful especially in the situations I described above.

It would need to be texture able on all but the emitter side maybe a limit of only light textures on that side or a choice of several light blocks each with the different lit texture we have on one side, and then any and all textures on the other sides.

Maybe they removed it because the concept was too minecraftish, a whole square as a light, and with the addition of the actual lights we have now I guess they figured the block version is no longer necessary.
    Maybe they developed under a rule of no mincrafty square type blocks except for structure, all devices must be 3d modelled/sculpted.

Sill though I think square light blocks should come back.

Pokes dev team a little bit...

19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with it as an option (can even be a choice under the Lights block group itself).

I did see it discussed (not sure where now) about 'what if emissive textures emitted actual light'... which would mean any surface could be turned into a light source. Not just the whole block. Not sure the performance issues there... but its an interesting notion.

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

SV pulse lasers need a supermassive buff. They're the highest tier fixed weapon for SV, but it takes 65 (expensive) shots with a pulse laser to destroy an AI turret. A lower tier Railgun can do it in 12 shots; and the even lower tier plasma cannon does it in 7 shots, that are also faster and more accurate than the pulse laser and deal explosive damage so even if you miss it still damages the target. Rockets also do it in 7 shots.
    A noob-tier gatling gun destroys a turret faster than the pulse laser (by about 4 seconds with constant firing. Almost 1 minute).