Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Commander

And don't forget that for some reason you can't continously fire like with the minigun. I think the laser should be the high tier version of the minigun.

Frigidman likes this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Exactly... so you can hold trigger down and have this stream of laser bolts shooting out, all doing more damage than that of a normal gat. This would also mean the charges contain more bolts per pack (since it would fire like a lasergatling).

3. LurchUSA

LurchUSA Lieutenant

Can we please have a multi-tool, that can be mounted on a small vessel.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Couldn't find an entry about it but would it be possible to change the light effects on the Cargo Boxes?
    Thought about it as some sort of fast visual recognition what Boxes are empty (green light effect) or full (red light effect) or so.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  5. iroker

iroker Lieutenant

It would be wonderful if we can get more Cockpits for SVs, i have recreated the ASP Cockpit from Elite Dangerous to fit to the EGS raster as an example. The dimensions are 6x6x3+(2x0.5) unknown.png

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

It would be nice to have more industrial-style or downward-facing cockpits. The regular cockpit is useless if you're trying to look at the planet below or land your ship in first-person view.

7. Mana_Sean

Mana_Sean Commander

Can we get the option to texture the underside of retractable turrets?

turrettexture.jpg

Germanicus and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That's a bummer...didn't know that! As I see only the topside I did not think about its bottom...makes sense to texture that too

Mana_Sean likes this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

The 'whole box' is textured at once. So what you put on top, goes to the bottom. This is the same with the Sentry that retract...

They may need to employ the 6 sides of texturing on these guys. Just be happy we can at least texture it at all ;)

Sephrajin likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I had so far no reason to check that myself but now that you say it I don't have to try to texture the sides differently. Thanks.
    My Sentry Guns are camouflaged thanks to the texturing Terra Incognita_2018-09-26_14-24-53.png Terra Incognita_2018-09-26_14-24-37.png

Frigidman likes this.
  11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Dead Bodies as storage blocks (Alternative bodies available with right click. Zirax, human, alien, predator, etc...)

Would be good when making scenarios and POIs to have dead bodies as blocks. Preferrably if they can store configurable items by putting items in the source in godmode. (e.g. a dead scientist in Zirax Lab has a keycard to a door for example)
    If left empty generates the same loot as a regular dead body of that type.

derelict/destroyed ship full of dead bodies. Much win.

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I could get behind this :)

Maybe a crystal so we can speak to the dead body and find out their last secrets? ..... Pathways Into Darkness flashbacks.

Sephrajin and binhthuy71 like this.
  13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

More low-damage booby trapped objects. Cargo boxes, loot containers, even doors. Bodies/bones/desiccated remains would work, too. Looting and exploring would become more interesting - especially if you don't watch your health.:D

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

This seems grossly out of place for this thread... no?

binhthuy71 likes this.
  15. Flatliner

Flatliner Lieutenant

No? Because most of the suggestions are for blocks and devices..or restrictions thereof.

EDIT: I posted it in the main suggestion section and deleted above.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    binhthuy71 and Frigidman like this.
  16. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

A simple request (repeated), for symmetry and cheaper/lighter/smaller builds early on:
    HV/CV Harvest Box as 1x1x1 version too.
    HV/SV Fuel Tank as 1x1x1 too.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  17. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Manipulator Arm (HV/SV)
    Use it like a fixed weapon. Lets you pick up items and access containers from the safety of your cockpit.
    Use it to grab Pentaxid crystals off the moon, loot dead bodies that fell victim to your HV's guns, pick up your dead body's backpack without getting shot again or just grab some food or fuel out of one of your base's cargo containers without the annoying need to get out, change view, run 10 meters, open a box, grab the item and run all the way back and finally jetpack back up to your cockpit only to find you didn't grab enough.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  18. Ravis

Ravis Captain

I know this might sound crazy to some but, an auto miner for stone. I'd be kinda nice late game to not dig a random hole in the ground just for a small building or two.

zztong likes this.
  19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I'd like that - especially if you could use it to uproot a tree and swat drones out of the sky with it. :D:D:D

20. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Cool idea, although one problem mentioned here is that you can't collect Pentaxid crystals without exiting the vehicle - I don't know why a harvester module can't gather them. Harvester shouldn't just be for wood, you should be able to pick up rocks and crystals with it. (I think it sort of works for rocks, or at least did at some point in Alpha 8, but not very well because rocks always create 2 ore blobs and the harvester only gets one, not sure they ever fixed that).

I think if the harvester module could pick up pentaxid crystals that using an HV on the moon and on barren (Skillon-like) worlds would be useful enough to justify making an HV on those worlds again. At least, I would start using an HV in those situations.

binhthuy71 likes this.