Fixed Can't chop specific tree [6477]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Philipp, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

lol, the bug is now YouTube-famous

Also, I can confirm that even new games without ever re-loading can have the bug, and that sometimes the unusable-container-objects were previously normal resource objects, later becoming the container-things, and sometimes entirely new unusable-container-objects can just randomly spawn anywhere for no reason, and sometimes the unusable-container-objects were previous normal resource objects that you already harvested, and then spontaneously return from the netherworld as an undead container-object.

So, yeah…very random and confusing.

Philipp likes this.
  2. Philipp

Philipp Captain

in my current game i build a base after i collected all the iron, copper and silicon rocks around that place. And now it seems like they slowly come back. If you stand next to them and relog they may disappear.

3. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Travis9x and Philipp like this.
  4. Fandomaniac

Fandomaniac Ensign

Here are two more videos of glitched trees:

From Stephen Silverbeard's video, starting at the 12:45 mark:

And another Kage848 video, starting at the 24:15 mark:

Please let me know if anyone knows of a way to remove these trees for now, until they get patched.

Travis9x likes this.
  5. Philipp

Philipp Captain

what sometimes seem to work is standing right next to them and reload the save.
    But that works not always and even if it works, it works only for SP.

6. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

7. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

The YouTube-fame for this bug spreads…you would think that would cause them to prioritize fixing it, yet we haven't heard anything from the devs after they asked for savefiles, even after several were provided… o_O

8. Philipp

Philipp Captain

Don't worry, the devs know about the problem.

But unfortunately, Taelyn told me that i would not get fixed with patch 10.3.

And Pantera wrote me:
    "The trees that are found invincible found around planets are being checked with 2 saves I have found them to be reprodicible in.
    I'll update that thread when I have more feedback on a fix for it."

Travis9x likes this.
  9. Philipp

Philipp Captain

@Everyone having this bug: Does it happen only on specific planets or on all planets?

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It happens to me when I start to produce clear vision around may Base. I cut down all Trees and remove all Rocks within a 100m perimeter.
    After a log out one or two trees and several Rocks re-appear in the cleared areas and most of them are indestructible or Rocks getting containers 50/50 regardless of their size.

It happens most of the time on temperate worlds. Arid Planets seem not to be affected.

Philipp likes this.
  11. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I found the problem with trees around POIs but not the meteors or rocks until the last couple drops .. originally thought it was an intentional kludge (overload container class) so that a POI developer could do landscaping.

>they closed it as fixed anyway? What's up with that??

When we submit an edge case bug like this that is inconsistently consistent we give the devs a repo via a save game. They correct it using that repo as a test case to judge the bug as fixed- if the fix is done with a tweak to a setting (for example.. many flavors of "if" in this context) that may address the problem for the repo case but not totally eliminate the issue.

Philipp likes this.
  12. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hi,

this is happening to me even to rocks not just trees. I followed the advices and as of now I'm just digging around the bugged 'thing' to make it disappear.

Kind regards.

Philipp likes this.
  13. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

14. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

All planets. I have a savegame on a Temperate world, another on an Arid world, and another on a Snow world. Same bug is happening on all of them.

Wrong, see above.

Digging around it does not make it disappear. Exiting the game and returning may sometimes make it go away, but not always. Also happens with all resource objects, not just trees or rocks…can happen with harvestable plants and ore deposits underground too, as submitted in one of my savefiles.
    I also discovered recently that it can even happen with mobs (I found an alien insect that just stood in one spot, never walked anywhere else, and I could not shoot or otherwise interact with it…then I noticed that it was identified as a 50hp “container”).

I think you missed the part where I said that someone reported in that same thread, that the problem was still happening.

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well I played several hundred Games on Arid Planets....therefore not just WRONG but actually not 100% ACCURATE, agreed?;)

16. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

Yes, inaccurate is probably a better word. How many of those Arid worlds have you played on, recently? For me, the problem actually seems to be the most severe, on my Arid world, even affecting valuable ore deposits (the unmineable pentaxid deposit on the planet's moon really angered me, especially since I had to clear out a tough Zirax base just to get to it).

17. Philipp

Philipp Captain

I talked to Taelyn today and he told me that it happens on savegames that are started with the neweset versions (10.1 or 10.2 it started he said.) So if you can continue an older save (from the launch of alpha 10) you should be fine.

They (the devs) definetly have an eye on that problem, but Taelyn also said that they focus on other things first, also some dev's are in holiday so it may take a bit until its fixed.

Travis9x likes this.
  18. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

I don't think this is correct. I went back to some games that I started prior to Alpha 10, and the problem suddenly began there too (I don't recall the problem happening in those saves before Alpha 10).

EDIT: However, I did notice that the problem did not appear with any resource objects that were already discovered/seen prior to Alpha 10. Only with newly discovered areas/deposits.

19. Philipp

Philipp Captain

Well i can only repeat what Taelyn told me. He said that in his save (started somewhere at alpha 10 launch) he doesn't get the problem at all.
    But maybe i misunderstood something.
    However i'm looking forward to a fix and i hope they have time for it soon :)

20. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I saw this too. I thought it was intentional.
    Even when I reload the game I get trees I cannot cut.