Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha Pyxis

Alpha Pyxis Ensign

Thank you Serevanth. It is appreciated.

2. Grimmer

Grimmer Ensign

Hello there.
    This is my solo survival project I've been toying with for a while now.
    It's 95% finished but I just cant bring myself to complete it. Gonna take it easy before multiplayer hits :)
    Feel free to take a looksie.
    Also added the SV's inside.
    2015-10-13_15-50-40.png
    2015-10-13_15-52-02.png
    2015-10-30_23-20-51.png 2015-10-30_23-21-54.png 2015-10-30_23-23-41.png

Attached Files:

Navonil Mukherjee and Lealu like this.
  3. brook doyle

brook doyle Ensign

This is my first attempt to upload blueprints. I am sharing two ships I am calling 'Betty' and 'Gatekeeper. I welcome any input about them. 'Betty' is designed to be light explorer type with fully functioning survival mode capabilities but not great for battle, where 'Gatekeeper' is more an attack vessel. Gatekeeper has minimum 3 layers (up to 5 in some spots) of armor before anything major can be damaged.

The gatekeeper was kind of an accident how i built it like that. I initially was just looking for a way to protect an attack ship's cockpit area and i used an alternating block arrangement that when i finished looked like rows of teeth. The rest just took shape once i made that observation. It has a SV bay for two that you have to tuck your craft into for protection. Fully fueled you will get about 7 hours of run-time and it maneuvers decently. I called it 'gatekeeper' because after I was done it resembled the original ghostbuster's ghoul dogs to me.

Betty is a good design, I feel. Nothing is too far away from each other in its floor design. It was made for 3 player multiplayer coded with yellow, green, and red designations. It does not fare well in combat though. I ran it into some drone areas and got demolished. It makes a fantastic support craft though. It runs about 10 hours fully fueled and has pretty good maneuverability. It utilizes more stairs than elevators. One of the people I play with does not like elevators too much so I accommodated him in the design.

Well here they are, I hope you enjoy them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Krenios and Lealu like this.
  4. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Great job Brook Doyle,
    I have found some similar solution for my CV too, but only two layers, but i think upgrade it with new armor block.
    I hope finish it in some day.

brook doyle likes this.
  5. Alo

Alo Captain

You should look up 'Grond' from Lord of the Rings. That's what it reminds me of.

brook doyle likes this.
  6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Anyone else had any issues with guns mounted directly below the bridge? In a few of my designs, I usually have a 'shelf' directly under the bridge stacked with guns, making for a powerful forward barrage. Problem is, a lot of times I'll try to fire, and discover that many of the guns destroyed each other, and dealt a lot of damage to the floor of the bridge. Even if the ship is sitting still.

Anyone else had that issue?

大Dong likes this.
  7. 大Dong

大Dong Lieutenant

it's the trajectory problem. same here. The inertia of rocket is weird.

Slam Jones likes this.
  8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Glad it's not just me. Only solution I found was what I had on the CV I posted in this thread: a little "goatee" that drops several blocks below, and forward, of the bridge. Just don't want all my ships to have the same arrangement... but if it works, I might just stick to it.

9. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

Here is the largest ship I have made to date. It is near max size being >240 blocks long weighting 100kt. Surprising she can fly around and turn. Not the fastest ship for sure but not unreasonably slow. The interior is huge and different sections have different style as I was trying out the thin walls. There is a layer of armor plate on the inside and a few access hatches to the crawl space this created. It is very easy to get lost in the crawl space so be ready to dig your way out. The section that is painted blue in the back is for a future landing bay once we get some kind of hanger door.

CV Morrighan - Battle Carrier
    Mass: 100kt
    Fuel Capacity: 3600 units (Armored Rooms)
    Idle Time: >47 hours
    Flight Time: 262 minutes full thrust
    Idle Power: 7.6mw
    Max Power: 260mw
    Primary Weapons: Housed 4x Rocket Launchers, 5x Pulse Lasers (WARNING game bug cause guns to hit them selves)
    Secondary Weapons: ~300 turrets for defense and offense
    Flight Deck: 2x 7x3 for Fighters / Drop ships.
    Landing Bay: 9x4 in the aft of the ship, waiting for hanger doors to finish it.
    Hanger Bay: 114 attack SV crafts, standard layout: 10 Mule Dropships, 44 Black Birds and 60 Ares MkII
    Compartments: Captain Quarters, Officer Quarters, VIP Quarters, Crew Quarters for >250 crew, MarDet, Medbay, Brig, Engineering, Multiple Storage Rooms, Multiple Galley's, Hydroponics, Flying Bridge, CIC, Machine shop and a lot of free space for expansion.
    2015-11-06_09-26-43.jpg 2015-11-06_09-27-45.jpg 2015-11-06_09-28-40.jpg 2015-11-06_09-30-07.jpg 2015-11-06_09-30-35.jpg 2015-11-06_09-31-30.jpg 2015-11-06_09-32-09.jpg 2015-11-06_09-44-33.jpg 2015-11-06_09-46-29.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  10. MJY

MJY Commander

wow, I would be afraid of shooting, it might blow up, nuclear boom. except for the massive used of guns, its a very nice ship, for the massive top part of guns, it could be used as a landing zone, if I was using it, that be a good spot to drop of stuff and go and use the inside for storage of the sv ship, 1 gun every 5 would of been ok, but hey its your ship and it looks good and is a good design

11. Rannoc McMaulin

Turret quantity is to make up for the current turret issues. That and to do something ridicules ;)

Supply drop off is meant for the aft landing bay but did not finish it since we do not have hanger doors yet.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  12. 大Dong

大Dong Lieutenant

can u get a image during the battle plz? I'm really curious to see it. :D

13. Rannoc McMaulin

LOL tried but ran into another bug dealing with the turret activation range relative to your camera view. The ship is so big targets rarely get close enough for them to fire. Guess its just art until CV combat is updated.

14. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

Holy gun deck, a volley from that thing would destroy a planet haha!!! That's awesome! Downloaded!

15. Rannoc McMaulin

Yeah if they would fire. The main reason for so many was in hopes something would get to shoot before a laser drone picks them off. But sadly too many bugs for this ship to really work. As the game progresses I plan on evolving this design. If turrets worked as I would expect them there would only need to be ~60 to have full coverage.

16. Krenios

Krenios Commander

I realise that you have made a skull, look like pirates.

Attached Files:

brook doyle likes this.
  17. Lealu

Lealu Captain

Looks more like a Jack-O-Lantern to me, or maybe it's just that time of year :)

18. mikehorrellnz

mikehorrellnz Lieutenant

my second CV... this time a carrier :D

Ok so this is my second time actually building this CV. I built it the first time upside down (yes it actually matters which way up you build a CV since the cockpits can't be rotated fully)

Has a special bay for my freighter ship to unload food and other items hauled from the planet surface.
    lots of hanger space!

ive also included my Freighter blueprint if anyone wants to check that out as well.

2015-11-09_00-11-23.png

Attached Files:

Slam Jones, Grimmer, Lealu and 8 others like this.
  19. Bakkur

Bakkur Commander

nice one

20. Dead8Eye

Dead8Eye Captain

yep :D it is a nice little GTVE-Class. has this ship a faction or clan id or a favorite ,,color,,?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.