[Challenge] CIVILIAN buildings

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigme

tigme Ensign

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Krenios likes this.
  2. Jarvis 2

Jarvis 2 Ensign

3. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Sorry just trying to get it out there to all the building folks. I posted it with the link to the 1st page expecting them to read Hummel's OP. I think it will help having a few extra designers frequenting this thread and uploading more civilian buildings, it was never meant to be spam. Anyways the new settlements in 5.0 experimental look great, Kudos on the great work guys! It all looks fantastic :)

4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I had to laugh when I saw that post on Jahoel's 'Coral' outpost, considering he says right in the description it's a refit of my Terminus base. I admire your enthusiasm, but maybe less copypasta next time? ;)

5. michaelhartman89

Lol sorry about that bro, i have a lot of down time at work right now considering my job at the moment is to sit in a barracks and rot until i deploy. So yep i went through the entire base section on workshop and anything that looked promising i messaged.

6. TiwBras

TiwBras Commander

7. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

8. michaelhartman89

20161214134447_1.jpg 20161215141218_1.jpg 20161215141301_1.jpg 20161215141245_1.jpg updated this structure to comply with thread. Removed all base features, growing plots and made it strictly civilian. it has a relatively low device limit and matches my other building as well as Dinkelsen's red and white theme. I will be building more smaller structures to go with that community. If you have any suggestions to alter any of my buildings please let me know

Attached Files:

9. DukeSatan

DukeSatan Ensign

Some of my creations:

Huge Bio Dome

This was designed to be a source of food or if trees could be fitted in a recreation of a eco-dome, would look good on a none O2 planet, only down side is there is missing window shapes to make the perfect dome, 2x2x1 is needed to get the next curve to the roof.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810246113

[​IMG]

Vanguard Tower & Hangar

This structure was a combined build with DeadOnAim, the original was a dedicated faction building for the Vangaurd faction, the hangar took me many days of planning, trial and error to build such an expansive space. The main building was retro fitted and reduced, may need some work internally to give it a theme.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793585011

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Castle

The battlement and towers are built with an entrance, currently also attached is the landing pad from the condo (later), the internal structure was simplified in this version to one floor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=808854349

[​IMG]

Condo

A beach condo, designed before the castle idea came along, multi-floor internally and has a landing pad. May need a little polish as it was a functional base when saved.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791640366

[​IMG]

Krenios and Kaeser like this.
  10. Sandoval

Sandoval Ensign

ou75id32, Siege Inc., Krenios and 4 others like this.
  11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It really is not, but thank you!

12. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I am feeling a bit un-loved by this game at the moment - I do think I am all that compatible with the content that is to be added, officially, into the game. To that effect I turned over my alien dwelling stuff to @Savinwraith and made him co-contributor on all my designs on the workshop. Presuming he decides to take the designs and run with them, possibly adding much more, feeling free to send me a conversation asking to be added as a contributor, and I will make the adjustments.

Enchantress likes this.
  13. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Your alien buildings are awesome :) I think what you need to do if you're looking to have them 'accepted' is plop several down into an actual settlement and make with the mergestructs. Individual buildings are nifty, but I don't think the devs have a way to dynamically place and merge them (random generation) yet - if they ever will?

Enchantress likes this.
  14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I just made you a contributor too. I know that you prefer to make your own designs, but assuming you do not already have an alien line-up in the works, you can now work with Savinwraith on it - if you want. :) Feel free to just ignore it too. I wish I could add you to the collection, but alas, I do not think I can. Feel free to take them and add them to your own collections and such.

15. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Appreciate the thought, but declined :) They're your builds, I had nothing to do with them, and I've still got a settlement of my own I need to finish (three homes, a power station, and a communications hub does not make for a very good outpost). Besides, I love what you've done with them so far, I can't think of any way I'd improve them - other than perhaps swapping some windows for the armored 'shutter' variety (as many existing POIs have).

16. Damarik Laizare

Damarik Laizare Ensign

New to the forums, someone actually led me to this thread via a comment left on my one design.

So, I came here looking to incorporate my builds into the game! (hopefully)

I present to you, the Weaver Trading Company HQ. Complete with a Hydroponics Tower, Constructors and enough cargo-space to lend credit to a more than sizable trading fleet, this building (while not having it all) also includes a small Hoverport in the rear, as well as Second Floor Offices, an ATM, Front Desk and a very nice entryway.

Pretty sure that the Gen is small, and there's no O2 tanks/Stations on it. Those have to be added later...but otherwise, it's a full office set up and logistics nightmare waiting for anyone crazy enough to give it a try.

Attached Files:

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  17. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like anyone (else) has noticed this;

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198144185401

this profile has uploaded all of the new POIs and some of the old ones too, no credit given whatsoever.

I have commented on all that I recognise, that the user should give proper credit. I will return to check if my comments have been heard or deleted.

Fractalite likes this.
  18. Agent0024

Agent0024 Commander

I haven't started 5.0 but thought I recognized these from screenshots, I thought it strange, wasn't sure if they even modded them? Not really helpful, but I noticed!

oojimaflip likes this.
  19. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

All "offending" workshop submissions from that profile have disappeared. Curious. ;)

Fractalite, Frigidman and Kieve like this.
  20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Wonder if the guy just accidently published them when he was just trying to manually check them out. Dunno...

Or, coulda just been a complete asshole trying to take credit for other's work.

zaphodikus, oojimaflip and Fractalite like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.