[Challenge] CIVILIAN buildings

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woowoo

woowoo Captain

Please give us the carving function for our BPs.

2. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Here we go:

Pharos Civilian Buildings, Part 1: Residental

[​IMG]

Villas and Family Homes. These structures have "underground" areas. They are not really underground, just 1 block, but they look better when the base is submerged. The top block layer that needs to go underground is marked with the word: "UNDERGROUND".

[​IMG]

Appartment Towers for the well situated members of the society. Appartments get fancier the higher up they are. Toyed with solar panels but in the end I tossed them.

[​IMG]

Appartment Blocks for the less fortunate. Ceiling is low, appartments are small. This is just one version of the building at different rotation angles. It looks better when placed in a row like here with alternating headings. Idea hit me while sitting in the cinema waiting for the film to start. :)

Most blueprints were made with the experimental 4.4 branch. I think only the large villa has some of the new blocks, mostly statues. And the pool.

This is the first part, I want to make more civilian buildings but these take some time. And then, like last weekend, I got hit by an idea for a CV... you know... it just had to be implemented...

Edit: There seems to be a problem with the forum's image proxy. I replaced some images yesterday but the forum still shows the old pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Siege Inc. and Frigidman like this.
  3. woowoo

woowoo Captain

4. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Let me introduce the Oxygen Shop "O2 4U", your friendly Oxygen Retailer.

[​IMG]

I have 2 versions of the building, one big and one smaller, to fit a lighter populated area.

I need your help here. I have never used any other color than red and various shades of grey for the Pharos buildings. But oxygen simply screams for a blueish tint. I tried various colors, but the only one I liked was this. But its so saturated...

So what do you think? This blue or rather another grey?

Edit: The Tower Restaurant is presentable, too:

[​IMG]

64 blocks high, no SI issues. :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Pantera, Kieve and Frigidman like this.
  5. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Akua Homes (6).jpg
    Got three civvy homes done. The one on the end is a restructured Lacuna, which I ended up gutting entirely to make it a worthwhile "home." Ended up being the biggest and most spacious of the three.
    CIV_AkuaHome1.jpg CIV_AkuaHome2.jpg CIV_AkuaHome3.jpg
    Still a long way to go for a settlement of any worth. Thinking I may take a crack at Terminus next, for an administration building.

EDIT: Found some unpainted / textured spots on Home 3 I forgot about. Fixed now.
    EDIT 2: They've also been posted to the workshop. (Link)
    I'll continue to update the collection as I add buildings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    blutiger, Dinkelsen and Hummel-o-War like this.
  6. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

From left to right:

Greenhouse with Food Store and "Kitchen", Small Greenhouse, Park with Moument of Modesty (Teaches us not to promise more than we can deliver...), Medical Station.

[​IMG]

7. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Added a public communications building to the roster.
    CIV_X-Tel (1).jpg
    CIV_X-Tel (2).jpg CIV_X-Tel (3).jpg CIV_X-Tel (4).jpg CIV_X-Tel (5).jpg CIV_X-Tel (6).jpg CIV_X-Tel (7).jpg
    I sorta took a cue from my old Battletech novels on this one, specifically ComStar and their HPGs. For those not familiar with the fiction, part of their role in the universe is maintaining intergalactic communications equipment (the Hyperpulse Generators), which they operate as a sort of futuristic pay-phone. Where Empyrion is concerned, I figure planetary networks will be in early phases or not yet established for settlements, and individual homes won't have the hardware for beaming signals between worlds.

Thus, "XTel" fills the role of a communications provider and allows colonists to phone home, or call up their buddy on Oscutune to find out when the next beach party is.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Frigidman, Hummel-o-War and Dinkelsen like this.
  8. Runningwithhamster

Runningwithhamster Captain

This! :D

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Latest version of the per-piece set I have. I had to update a bunch of textures, and adjust some blocks. Also added more LCD panels and minor details in the process. The Gallery is mostly correct, just some minor differences here and there.

Attached Files:

10. BalackFT

BalackFT Ensign

Hello All.

Here is one of the building I'm creating for my server.....it'll be a part of an abandoned city.

HV Repair Shop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Repair Bays
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Employee Kitchen
    [​IMG]

Employee Lounge
    [​IMG]

Office and Customer Waiting Area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bathroom
    [​IMG]

11. BalackFT

BalackFT Ensign

Hello again. Here is another building....enjoy!

Hover Dealership
    [​IMG]

Sales Reception Area
    [​IMG]

Customer Lounge
    [​IMG]

Restroom Entryway
    [​IMG]

Restroom Waiting
    [​IMG]

Restroom Stalls
    [​IMG]

Sales Showroom
    [​IMG]

Sales Showroom Floor w/ Employee Elevator
    [​IMG]

Employee Lounge Walkway w/ Sub-Walkway Storage
    [​IMG]

Employee Lounge
    [​IMG]

Generator Room
    [​IMG]

Generator Room-Inside
    [​IMG]

12. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Can you add in a cut feature so i can edit this city and extract my buildings

13. michaelhartman89

14. michaelhartman89

It seems the quickest option was to spawn my city in space and then add a few block layers to the building i wanted and cut around the perimeter of that building. However when i spawned the city on a planet the city didnt break apart as i planned, so i still had to cut away at it with my t2 multitool. Since it spawned above ground it was easier to fix though i chopped off huge chunks and manged to get it somewhat down to size after about 2 hrs of cutting chunks away. I really wish we had a cut tool to extract parts of a ba,cv,sv,hv that we want and be able to blueprint them on its own without having to carve away a huge bp just to get a small piece of the overall build.

15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

The game doesnt seem to do a proper SI check when spawning stuff from BP.

Its not until you place a block that the structure does a proper check of the SI, I think thats why you can spawn stuff in the air and it doesnt collapse until you place a block on it.

16. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Explains why one of my builds exploded after I spawned it, then went inside and revmoved a block. The WHOLE thing immediately fell apart. Scared the crap outta me.

17. michaelhartman89

Hey Hummel, i was brainstorming a few days ago on how to design a city and i came up with a few ideas that could give us the tools to add real depth to the communities we are building. Its a repost from a forum that i created and it fits in perfect with this thread.
    8 tools we need for building in empyrion:
    1. Scaling system for building with the ability to build using cubes, spheres, polygons and different shapes to drag out the shape to a desired size and let it build it with the appropriate blocks
    2. Glass window shades and colors. Ability to stain glass.
    3. Ability to paint roads, grass, highways, sidewalks on the ground to replace whatever there with a flat terrain with a asphalt/ concrete/ grass texture. This would be perfect for modular cities.
    4. tunneling system, maybe an added feature for tunneling through mountains or underground. This could use snap mechanics ( think subnautica)
    5. Park benches, street lights and other decorations for use in creating a cityscape.
    6. Ability to create signs or post jpeg photos to devices to replace textures. Also the ability to upload gif files to lcd screens to add to the immersion of the game.
    7.Adjustible windows with switch to open close blinds
    8. Copy, cut, paste, lasso, duplicate or clone, rotate tools for editing structures.

18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah, I've had that... AND "setposition" does not cause it to update SI either... so if you spawn a building accidently above ground, then setposition y downwards INTO the ground, and place/remove 1 block.. the entire thing explodes inside the ground.

However, if you use the F&F tool and 'build up' the ground to touch the bottom of the building... it then appears to be safe to edit a block. Very touchy that SI ;)

Captain Jack II likes this.
  19. michaelhartman89

Man i wish my whole city blew up like that 3/4 of it was detached from the part that was connected to the ground and it never broke apart like that. I sat there for 2 hrs cutting out the existing city to get one building off it to use for this thread

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  20. michaelhartman89

Sticking with your color scheme, i am building a skyscraper to add to your city

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.