Fixed CoQ on Skillon - Abandoned Vessel Yard - Deserted Powers

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Kundara, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.10 4214
    Mode: Single Player
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 616235

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: every time
    Severity: potentially save breaking - broken storyline for sure

Type: CoQ - Quest POI

Summary: Game crashes every time I approach close enough to the POI to trigger the quest prompt.

Description: I have been working on the Deserted Powers quest chain, and so far had little to no issue, other than having to self-complete a couple of stages. I am at the stage where you have to enter the Abandoned Vessel Yard(AVY) to destroy the core.

The first time I approached, I got close enough to trigger the quest update from 'Locate' POI to the quest update for 'Destroy the Core'. As soon as this happened, the CoQ error message came up. Not unusual, not even the first time during this save, but this time, no matter how many times I pressed the 'continue' button, it would ALWAYS reappear, within a second - preventing me from taking any other action or even initiating the Escape menu.

I have reloaded my save 4 times, and each time I approached the AVY to advance the quest, the CoQ error message would appear and no number of clicking 'continue' button would work. The only difference on the following attempts was that the error message appeared further from the POI than before, not even getting close enough to trigger the quest update - app. 280 metres on the last attempt.

Even if I was to choose to ignore the quest from here on out, any time I got too close to the AVY would be risking the appearance of the CoQ error message and having to quit the game entirely and reload from a previous save - if you load back in on the auto-save created when you force-close the game, you are in the same location as you were when the message first appeared and the error message appears as soon you spawn in, preventing you from continuing from that point - you must go to an earlier save to get out of that position and avoid the AVY to prevent the message from effectively crashing your game again.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) loaded up my previously saved game
    2) entered my SV and flew towards Abandoned Vessel Yard
    3) as soon as i get close enough to almost trigger the quest update the rror happens

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello can you attach the log so we can see what the error actually is ?

3. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

Having issues with including screenshots & logs, the post creation method would not append them to the post, but i have the save files, a screenshot and the log created by my last attempt, just not sure how to get them to you - the info the How to repost Bugs is not showing properly.

4. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

I could upload it the rar files to my gmail and give you the link or something?

5. Pantera

• Developer
    Only logs are needed:

How to supply logs to a report:
    The client log, dedicated server logs & crashes folder locations:
    1. Client log location:
      Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Logs

2. Right click on the logs folder > Send to > "Compressed (Zipped) folder"
    3. Use the "Upload a File" option in the post editor or upload the file to a file hosting site such as mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it.

6. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

hopefully this works as planned, although i'm not seeing any indication that the files has attached to the post

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Nothing is attached if you cannot figure it out just upload it to google drive or another file sharing site & add a share link to it here.

8. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

9. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for the link I can say that particular exception is fixed in the next build planned to be released this Wednesday.

11. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

awesome :D good to know

thanks for taking the time to look into it.