Fixed Crashing to desktop when switching playfields and loading

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Coombs, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Coombs

Coombs Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 536988
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Crash
    Type: Gamestart
    Summary: Game crashed first time when leaving orbit.

Description: I was building in orbit for a few hours, then as I was flying back to resupply the game crashed. Now I can't load any save or start a new game on Experimental. Tried all of the regular trouble shooting like verifying, clearing the cache, etc.

Steps to Reproduce: (steps to reproduce the issue. This is ESSENTIAL for a bugfix!)

Crash Log: Attached

Attached Files:

nj_87 likes this.
  2. Coombs

Coombs Ensign

Well, now that it's public I can't play Empyrion at all without the same problem :/

I don't know exactly what's causing it, and the crash reports/logs seem to offer no information (at least not that I can interpret.. This is really frustrating cause it's one of my favorite games, and it's now literally unplayable...

I'll attach the last log that was made when I tried to start up earlier today. Maybe then I'll get a reply?

Attached Files:

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Not much can be seen in the log really the only part that stands out is the under powered CPU speed minimum should be 2.5GHZ

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

4. Coombs

Coombs Ensign

As an update, I was able to get it working my doing a system restore. It undid a Windows and an Intel graphics update, either of which might have caused my trouble.