Custom Playfields by Vexray

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Vexray, Jul 17, 2016.

1. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

That's technically true. But you can get around it. If you reset/wipe the playfield that you modify, the POI will appear. Resetting/wiping the playfield will erase everything in the playfield, including user made constructions.

2. ZeroX57

ZeroX57 Ensign

So the POIs will only appear on playfields which I haven't traveled to yet and will not appear on the ones that i've explored?

3. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

I don't think Vexray will mind as well. Just make sure to give credit and legally it's allowed but if he insists in taking it down will comply to his wishes. I think Vexray is just busy with life :)

It would be nice though to see someone create a new pack and continue working on it. I love the idea Vexray was doing where it was actually spreading the systems out. I assume it was so you had to jump from one system to another to keep getting to places.

4. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Correct.

5. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I haven't done anything with Sector layout. That really is up to the user/admin to decide how they want to place them. My current layout has all E, Z and Gold planets far enough that they require a double jump. I little challenge is nice.

6. ZeroX57

ZeroX57 Ensign

Ah now that makes sense, thanks so much for the helpful info. One last thing how do I reset/wipe a playfield? Sorry for the trouble though ><

7. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Is there any chance I broke drone spawns? I increased their numbers but don't think I touched much more then that. The first day playing there was a drone attack every maybe 1 hour or so. maybe 5 hours after that no drone attacks again at all. 0 :(

8. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

To reset a playfield, delete it's folder in the "playfields" folder in your save game. DO NOT DELETE IT FROM THE GAME CONTENT FOLDER. Bad things might happen if you do.

(If you do accidently do the wrong one, run "Verify Integrity" on the game.)

ZeroX57 likes this.
  9. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

What is the Drone difficulty set to in the template? If it's not 5, 6 or 7, it will stop sending drones after about 3 waves.

10. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Ahh it would be quite low then. Is there a way to set unlimited waves or is that the idea is its suppose to be just temp?

edit:

(5, 6, 7 = low, medium, high difficulty but with infinite drone waves)

:) good to know ty!

11. ZeroX57

ZeroX57 Ensign

Thanks so much for the help! Cheers mate! :)

12. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

No prob to all!

13. Scuro

Scuro Ensign

Subbing in hope of updated files and fixes. I've done all the ones Joemorin73 has posted. Many thanks!

Haven't visited all planets so I won't know they are broken till I visit them.

14. dhara

dhara Ensign

I'm in the same boat. Got the server all up and running late last night and THEN got the post about them being too old. So going to update all these tonight.

Also Kane and Joemorin, I believe there is also a setting for the probability of a drone attack at all to be set in the same area, 1 being the highest. And then individual settings for min/max drones per POI. Ill look it up again after work tonight and post that. There are actually so many difficulty settings in those playfield files that I spent HOURS longer than I expected upping the difficulty for my more hardcore players. And whaddayaknow, today they are griping that it's TOO hard. LOL, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

15. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

For me I don't want drones hard as in takes 50 shots I tried that once just not worth it ammo wise. But having many attacks and having a world that has more drones is nice..

I screwed up though set to 4 not 5. Was one off so now I'm testing what happens when I delete the drone.dat file. It generated again but 1kb rather then 10? Not sure if it's broken now or not. If it is I might just delete the world but back it up and start it fresh and take its drone file and move it over maybe?

16. dhara

dhara Ensign

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I got one guy on my server who no one can kill. Never seen him die. He said, set the difficulty at 999999. So I basically did. And now I've got to witness his death at least one time before I tone it down a bit, hehe.

Interested in learning if deleting that .dat file works. Please let us know.

17. Brett

Brett Lieutenant

Vexray, we've been playing Vulca on our private server. First, I'd like to say you've done a great job with your planet design. After 400+ hours of play, it's nice to have a fresh environment to play in. Your decision to cut fiber from the planet certainly made it challenging, but it also pushed us to do more hunting. Good call!

One issue we did run into, and I'm not sure it's intentional or not, is there appears to be no crushed stone. Anywhere. Was that your intent? Are we missing something? It makes early base-building a lot more difficult, especially in light of the cost of steel blocks after the rebalancing.

Thanks!

18. Altays

Altays Ensign

Hello everyone
    First of all, great job, they look amazing.

I have a question, I rent a server on Nitrado, my first time, and I've tried to upload your planet. So I change the Sector files, add the new Prefabs and all the planets. But it doesn't work, nothing has changed.

I've edited on the Content file and not the Save one.

Do I have to reset the server ? Have I done something wrong ?

19. Scuro

Scuro Ensign

Altays part of the issue is that there is a lot of templates out of date now and needs to be updated by someone as it seems the author has gone MIA.

20. Altays

Altays Ensign

Arf... Thanks for your answer.
    I was so excited to explore new planets. Is there a way to update them ? Or should I just delete the files ?