CV Roll speed accelaration sometimes much lower than stated in stat page

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Ente, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Ente

Ente Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.8 3864
    Mode: Creative
    Mode: Single Player

SERVER NAME: -
    SEED-ID: -

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:-

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: minor

Type: fligh model

Summary: CV roll speed accelaration sometimes is much lower than stated in stat page, with CVs taking forever to reach max roll speed.

Description: For some ships the actual roll speed accelaration is much lower than shown on the stat page and also lower than that of other ships that have comparable or even lower values.
    Blueprint attached. Note while this issue can be shown in Vanilla using the blueprint, it is much more prominent in Reforged Eden as the Thrust is lower there.
    The screenshot is from the Bp in Vanilla. Note that the torque accelaration values imply it should reach max roll in about half a second. In gameplay it instead takes about 3-4seconds to actually reach full roll speed. That behavior is not the same with other blueprints.
    Probably also occurs in survival, so far only tested in creative.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Spawn Blueprint
    2) Pilot and start rolling. Witness the rather long time until it reaches full roll speed.
    3) If in doubt, load another CV bp and compare the values and actual ingame behavior. E.g. this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2788790233

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ente

Ente Commander

So to do some bug report necromancy, the issue is still there, but thanks to a commennt on a workshop I have now a better understanding where the issue may be

So with this thruster configuration I have 25 deg/s roll speed in the stat screen. Which are actually closer do 5 deg/s in game, basically it doesn't roll at all.
    [​IMG]
    Note the thrusters fire directly on height of the center of mass.

Now if I move the thrusters up like this:
    [​IMG]
    I get 30 deg/s as per the stat page. And in game it is actually close to that value. A bit lower still probably, but workable.

Now when it comes to how the back thrusters affect roll, there is of course the thrust vectoring, and the torque the thrusters add because of it.
    For some reason the game seem to scale the roll-torque value the back thrusters provide down, if they are on height of the center of mass.