Help needed CVs, Hangar Doors, and Blast Doors - bugged?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheGazbeard, Jul 23, 2021.

1. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

So it all started when my mate tried to park his small mining CV (CV not SV or HV) in his lil ol' Perses carrier's hangar ... nothing he did would open the hangar doors of the Perses.

They opened fine if he was in an HV or SV, or if he was on foot (and even flying in God mode) but nothing he tried would let that little bitty CV miner through the door, unless I stood there making them open for me.

So then we tried parking it in the base's hangar. Nope - hangar doors wouldn't open for the CV. They opened for everything else, but not the CV.

Then I tried in Creative - built the mother and father of all hangar doors using blast blocks (aperture dimensions = 60 blocks wide and 28 blocks tall). I built it specifically to fly a Perses through. I set up all the motion sensors and their signal logics and tested them in an SV - they all worked perfectly.

Tried to fly the Perses through - nope, doors didn't open.

So I thought it might be that the bridge was too far aft and the sensors couldn't detect me. So I tried in a Kydex (which has a bridge in the bow) - again, nope. I parked the Kydex's nose right on the blast block doors and got out of the pilot's seat ... the doors opened instantly.

So there seems to be problems with seated pilots in CVs not being able to trigger blast and hangar doors to open. This means that CVs cannot be parked in bases, and inside larger CVs.

Why?

2. GeodeTheRock

GeodeTheRock Ensign

Still an issue it seems. Anyone ever figure this out? SV/HV, doors work fine. CV (even tiny) not opening

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Unfortunately the CV cannot be detected by sensors (due to how the CV colliders work). We have no ETA to give for this particular use case can be solved yet.

You would have to manually open the target doors via the remote registry when you close enough:

To have a CV be able to "enter" a base or vessels "doors":
    1) On the base/vessel you want to enter setup the door/s in a device list group & on the Main window of the control panel Setup a "Custom" signal to control the device group you placed the doors you want to control in this group or setup a Signal in the signal column & in the Signal logic window set each door to the signal
    2) Get close enough to the structure & open the registry & look for the base/vessel you want to enter
    3) Open the control panel of the base/vessel & either find the door/s in the device list & toggle them open or if you setup a Custom/Signal in the Main control panel window toggle the switch setup there.

Wellingtoon likes this.