Dead Space Continuum

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Brokenshakles, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Robofan

Robofan Commander

I'll do my best as far as recruitment, but i'm not the best at it.

2. JayCo

JayCo Commander

AgentOrange if you wish to help send a coded message to more of the other games players to come visit and join us here.
    I am sure many read these threads but have yet to sign up, Come on people, Be brave.

3. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Sounds good, we will keep it informal at this point, we are all going to be wearing a lot of hats starting off. So to speak.

Robofan likes this.
  4. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

Coded message meaning what?

5. Brokenshakles

I'm sure he is just practicing his RP at this point, humor him.

6. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Sorry I was alluring to your name as being a secret agent so would send coded messages to other agents to relay information in secret.... coded message to other games players, l;ike a secret network of Agent Oranges !!!!!

7. Brokenshakles

Perhaps we should save the RP till we actually get in the game. Any interesting new faces?

8. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

Lol, good idea, I should try that

9. JayCo

JayCo Commander

I think we should get RP going now so we can all assume our roles so when MP is available we are all RP ready for our MP games on EGS..... Thats alot of hyphenates.....lol

Robofan likes this.
  10. Brokenshakles

Right now it may be causing confusion and may interfere with recruitment efforts. I think I might start a separate RP thread for that purpose, but I want to keep this thread OOC for the purpose of planning things like mods and server setup talk.

Robofan likes this.
  11. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Ok well post a link here to the RP thread when its up!

12. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Back to the discussion about Star System domination......

After crashing on the planet we will need to.....

1 - Loot crashed ship for parts to build a tiny first base containing startup refinery and assembling facilities.
    2 - Explore and locate more resources.
    3 - Assign 3 people to building, 1 to build a small ship with large storage and multiple seating for breaking orbit, 1 to build a small planetary scout ship, 1 to build a ground transport ship.
    4- Everyone else searches for resources, food, ores etc and scout area by foot, mine by hand initially.
    5 - Split into 2 teams, one team will load up components into orbit ship and begin constructing an orbital platform, Other team will stay on ground and use scout ship to search planet for better station location which will be better defendable and near more resources while continuing to mine and farm.
    6 - Once orbit platform is constructed Orbital team will begin construction of a larger Ship for exploring the nearer asteroids, not a Mothership but still a bigger vessel than the orbit ship which will be being used to ferry supplies from surface to construction platform.
    7 - On planet 2nd team will have found better location and can begin clearing the area where new stations will be built, levelling terrain etc. Also adjacent to the new site for the station we can clear an additional area which will become our farming area, but will initially be built just to house multiple refineries and assemblers.
    8 - Planet side - Initial refinery and assembler area will be constructed first adjacent to actual Station build site, Mining machines will be constructed and used to advance speeds of construction.
    9 - Orbital - Once large ship is built begin building 1 small fighter ship, 1 small mining ship, and 1 small transport ship. Once these three are built continue building an additinal 2 miner ships and 2 fighter ships.
    10 - Orbital - Once large ship and small ships are constructed, fuel up large ship for departure, secure all small ships in hangar bays, and begin exploring and mining LOCAL asteroids claiming (Small platform with Antenna/Beacon) as we go.
    11 - Planet side - Once large ship has left orbit mining and refining on planet will be for planetary purposes only Leaving a skeleton crew at base 1 to continue hand mining and farming, move remainder of team to Base 2 construction site, assign designer to begin laying out First Colonial Station (Refining and assemblers will not be required at this base as they will be moved offsite to be nearer to mining area once inital Station is built).

That should keep us going for a while, obviously once we have our firts Colony Station we can transfer the designers and builders up to the Orbital platform and they can begin building a bigger mothership for longer range explorations, with more fighters, miners, and larger trasporter ships on board. These exploration vessels only need mininmal refinery and assembler system as most of the mined ore will be transported back to planet for processing or to Asteroid refining station once setup.
    What do you think ?

13. Brokenshakles

It's not a bad plan, but it's a bit heavy on the details for the later steps. I find when planning things out it's best to make the first goals very detailed, but to drop off on the detail with every subsequent goal. Plans have a tendency to change as circumstances on the ground become clear, and I'm willing to bet something will happen or we will discover something that will upend the latter half of that list. I like the fact you are thinking about the problem in detail though, it shows some real organizational capacity.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Robofan likes this.
  14. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Thanks, wish some of the emplyers I apply to felt that way LOL.... Still I enjoy being a house husband, Except on those heavy cleaning days where I am down on my knees scrubbing the floors all day and when I am finished my fingers look like dried grapes.

Robofan likes this.
  15. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

@JayCo

Yeah, but at least you are home. :)

16. AgentOrange232

AgentOrange232 Commander

I do have a question for you, Brokenshakles; would I be able to start a factory/shipyard for a 'private' business so-to-speak, and that factory could serve as a main ship factory or an emergency/reserve ship factory? This shipyard would have ships built mainly for fighting, mining, and exploration/reconnaissance.

17. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Wasn't someone going to start something for the RPG thread or did I miss it?

18. Brokenshakles

Robofan likes this.
  19. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Cheers Buddy, keep up the good work.

20. Zeuch

Zeuch Lieutenant

Nice ideas you got there JayCo. Sound like this could be a fun clan to be in when this all starts. Could I join?