Diminishing Health on ReSpawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BillSirKill, Sep 27, 2022.

1. BillSirKill

BillSirKill Ensign

Hey Guys/Gals,
    I play solo, with about 1300 hours logged in. Love Vanilla and Reforged Eden.

My only issue -- Respawning with 100% health.

Idea: 1st respawn = 100%, 2nd respawn - 80% of last health, 3rd respawn -- even less health. After the 5th respawn - Your engineers automatically respawns at your Escape Pod. Then 100% starts there... It would make the game a lot less gamey.

Let me know.... Please forward to Vermillion and Revien_FF -- Also the DEVs

Thanks!!

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

We (Me and Ravien) can't change this.
    The amount of hp you respawn with is more or less hardcoded; though there are status effects that are meant to trigger when respawning (in vanilla), they don't and never have worked.

3. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

You want to play with just five lives before having to start over from the beginning? Do you get more by growing green mushrooms in your grow plots? Maybe you get another for every hundred gold coins you find or make?

If you're respawning, you've already forcibly been stopped from what you were doing and removed from where you were doing it. The damage taken has also harmed your equipped armor. You've probably lost some or all of your equipment as well, depending on world settings. If you were using a vessel and didn't respawn at or close to it, then it's still stuck out there in a place that already killed you. Compared to all this, having to eat a few bandages or click a med station on your way back is barely a footnote in your experience.

If some further form of death penalty was to be a thing, you'd be better off going after players' material wealth. Maybe they lose a percentage of their banked credits, a la Borderlands. Maybe a pricey mulligan item allows them to "ghost" walk on death to somewhere close and respawn with all their stuff. Maybe some buff/booster consumables could be added that don't persist through death. None of these stop you from moving forward, but they do make you feel it when you try a boneheaded play and wind up back outside a cloning chamber.