PLZ Retest and Re-Report Distillery quest stil broken in V1.7

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by El_Globo, Jan 22, 2022.

1. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.1.1 3639 22-12
    Mode: single/multi
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: permanent since V 1.4 (from memory)
    Severity: lore breaking

Type: story broken

Summary:
    I had this bug and other story breaking for a long time now. I DID erased and reinstall a full fresh vanilla game from Steam, and I started a new game totally legit without any mods.

Description:

The three waves of Zirax attckers still not spawn in the distillery quest

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) just follow the quest !
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Canno't attch saved game because the upload link tells it's too large !

Pach likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am afraid I still cannot reproduce that issue. Maybe you can send in a video what you are doing shortly before and after the "battlestations" dialogue arrives?

Pach likes this.
  3. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Hello,
    Is there a way to upload my entire compressed saved file ? Too bad your bug form template has an upload size limit !
    For the record, I did retried just after the latest january small update, but as I figured it didnt change anything.

As I'm currently exchanging on another post (base flooded) there are often errors in the console when I enter a new playfield, even if I start a new fresh game.

I noticed that many stories triggers are too fragile. I guess that you or another dev make them and test them with YOUR way of play, so that if we don't follow exactly some planified path, they can break easily.

For example, I'm currently playing a game someimes in multi, sometimes alone, and some story quests that I left for many reasons were hard to trigger again, even if they were already started. Relmoading the game in solo/multi randomly reactivated them !

And often, when I'm going on the titan wreck, I can easily break the quest, because I'm going into the consoles in the wrong order...
    I noticed that the maintenance console had a triggering zone too small ! I had to stand just on a specific tile to make it work !

4. nycnoc

nycnoc Ensign

This bug appears only if you play in german - or maybe in other languages. If you switch to english before starting the quest it works without any issues.

5. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Yes, it won't surprise me that it could work like that and it would be the same for many quests, as they're often seem to be broken for me.

I play in french. When I report the errors, the devs who must be playing in their specific config environment should be playing in english... I guess they don't test every localized game version.

Sorry to say, but I wonder if the DEVS have coded their quests with some objects/triggers ID reference subject to localization translations OR to IDs changes in some config ecf files during updates. It would be such a mess to maintain and basic coding error !