PLZ Retest and Re-Report Double POI

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Zerion, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Zerion

Zerion Ensign

Build: 1.5 3376
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 70631

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Major

Type: POI

Summary: Same POI appear twice in the same spot

Description: I started a new save with 1.5 on a temperate planet. I didn't notice anything odd until I tried to take the Zirax Drone Base. This POI luckily only has sentry turrets but I realized that, after taking one there is another just in the same spot, same thing with spawners so you end having to kill twice the amount of NPCs. Using the console I could see two identical POIs. They appear in my game as Id 1038 and Id 1039.

Steps to Reproduce: I've been unable to reproduce it as build 3376 somehow is generating a new playfield on the same map using the same seed.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Maybe it's just a fluke as I didn't see anyone reporting something like this but I wanted to create this bug report anyway in case someone else ends having the same issue.

2. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Ensign

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Zerion likes this.
  3. To go along with the above post,
    What game version did you start the save in?
    You have to create a new save after the supposed fix above.

However, since the devs once again never posted in that bug report to say WHAT VERSION the fix was added in, nor did they say anything in any of the hotfixes about it being fixed, players have no way to know when the supposed fix is going to happen.

Has it really been fixed though?
    They changed the title to "fixed", yes, but they never posted to say what version the fix is in. They haven't put anything about the fix in the patch notes either.
    So, is it really fixed??? We have no way to know......

Sadly this kind of thing happens all to often these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2021
  4. Zerion

Zerion Ensign

Oh man, I looked every subforum in the experimental branch to see if it was already reported and I don't know why I missed the second page of the fixed one. Sorry for that.

I don't remember exactly what build it was when I created the new game but I know it was before Eleon fixed the HV/SV issue where you got damage and broken leg.

Trying to reproduce the same with a new save on the last build I was unable to do it so, it seems fixed or at least I hope so. This, at least was an easy POI, just thinking finding this same bug on a more difficult POI could be insane.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    You probably triggered it before the fix was done & didn't "wipe" the playfield or start a new game. When I try a game with the seed "70631" there is only 1 drone base.
    In the previous save you can try using the wipe command to wipe the poi's & reset them on the playfield in question:
    wipe PlayfieldName poi

f.ex if the Playfield is called Aeymon:
    wipe Aeymon poi

then exit the save back to the main menu & load back in (for MP the server needs to be restarted).
    type this into the console for more info on the wipe command:
    help wipe

Germanicus, Zerion and Pach like this.
  6. Zerion

Zerion Ensign

Thank you for the help. I didn't know about the wipe command. I was thinking about using destroy with one of the POI ids.

Germanicus likes this.