Dual Universe

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by =TCR= Big_Red, Jul 20, 2016.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I have used the Star gate atlantis ship in my single player survival mode before. So is it a multiplayer feature that doeesn't allow the bigger ships ? Can you change it if you have your own server? The devs should give Multiplayer server owners a choice if they want to allow these ships or not.

2. Xentor

Xentor Captain

You got me wrong.
    YOU can spawn these ships anytime.
    I wanted to say, you will never see sutch giant ships as worked in structure, like the Hyperion, or the Spacestation.
    (they will not be added by the Devs as "gameinterior") You as private person can dd as many giant ships as your systems can process.

3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh thanks.. I believe sooner or later they will figure out a way to make larger capital ships the norm.

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Makes me wonder... what happens when...
    You place a core, build out 250 in two opposite directions,
    then you remove the core,
    and build the core on the end of the one of the sides,
    then build another 250 out from that new core ........

5. Xentor

Xentor Captain

That makes no problem because the Collisionmatrix gets set one time at spawning the shipstartet. A new positioning of the core changes nothing.

banksman45 likes this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

This is where an invisible visible bounds guide under build helper could be helpful to know the imposed limits.

I think it 'recenters' on spawn... as evidenced by how poorly the HV behaves after new spawn vs its original build. So if you built a base with a core on the edge, and then spawned that base in new, and continued working on it... it would not 'cut off' where one would expect it too based on the unchanged core location.

banksman45 likes this.
  7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well Luke himself said that making the grids Longer and wider isnt much of an issue the real issue is vertical limit.

Until planets are enlarged the vertical limit is what holds grid sizes back.

I have been asking for a doubling of the grid length for over a year.
    This is what I have been told.

So it is a technical limitation for now but when planets change it could change after that.

Sure would be nice to have grids 2000m long rather than the 1000 odd we have now.

banksman45 likes this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

So Piddle you're saying that the size limitation has to do with the Planet size? Which makes sense to me. Now in one of the last Update posts the devs said that Larger planets are one of the things they are working on. So you think there is a chance we could see this change this year? As long as the devs say its possible and will get to it. I am happy. 2000 to 3000m would be good enough for me in this game. The other thing I would like for the Devs to look at is the building system. It needs to be faster. Right now you can only build one row of blocks at a time instead of like most building games where you an lay multiple rows of blocks at one time but I guess that can be for later after they add the core features. Also a game called Planet Explorers has a tool where you can smooth the edges of your blocks . I think that would be pretty cool for Empyrion.
    I am very excited for this games future.

9. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Look mom no Green wall or Polar cap barriers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Flermpick likes this.
  10. Xentor

Xentor Captain

And?

RobDog likes this.
  11. =TCR= Big_Red

It can be .........Done lol

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I like how their sun revolves around the planets.

13. Xentor

Xentor Captain

Sure it can be done, and Empyrion will do it too, this point was never denied.
    May I remember all we have from DU are Videos..... who knows what of these videos is real real.....
    As long I can not put my own hands on it (And due it is a Rent to Play Game I will not) you can not real take anything as serious.
    Remember No Mans Sky... the Trailers.
    Let`s wait till the game is real, and not listen to the marketing.

14. =TCR= Big_Red

The denial of it is in the not doing it. Many if not all players have asked for it at one time or another. Talking about fake video. Empyrion was sold using fake video. Remember Robots loose on a planet with the player hiding behind a rock. Or when two Robots attacked a base with terets firing. As for NMS. Im loving it. I take the game for what it is at the moment. Sure theres lots wrong with it but its still a enjoyable game.

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well to be fair Empyrion is still in ALpha and new larger planets and removing the barriers are just two things out of a long list of stuff Empyrions small team of devs are working on. Plus Dual Universe technically is just a concept right now they have nothing for people to play . So everything they want to do and what will really happens once players get access to the game might be totally two different things.
    I think Dual Universe will have it's good points but the more I learn about the game the more I believe it's not going to be what a lot of players think it is kind like how NMS wasn't. I think by the time DU puts out there full game in 2018 Empyrion and even Space Engineers will be at a point where most players won't care that much about DU. Space Engineers Devs have admitted they are working on some major changes but haven't said what and we all know Empyrion has a long list of things they are adding. I guess we will see what happens. It's cool looking game.

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  16. =TCR= Big_Red

Been playing game (Empyrion) along time, many hours. I do not believe for one minute Empyrion is the best we will ever see in a sandbox space sim.

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well i'm not saying the best we will ever see because there will always be more games but looking at what Empyrion devs want to do . I think it will become the better game out of Space engineers and even Dual Universe. Dual Universe is going to have some cool features but even their Devs said some features will take time and other features will come only if they have enough money to pay for them. Empyrion's features right now are mostly about when they will happen and not about if. Plus Empyrion is built on a updated new engine now. So I think Empyrion will continue to impress us. I think once Empyrion finishes the Solar system and add more star systems . I think more people will start to see the vision these devs have. in my opinion. I honestly think there won't be much you can do in DU that you can can't do in Empryion after the EMpyrion devs are finish.

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I do think DU will be an enjoyable game for people who love building but don't mind the MMO style of game play and Eve lock on targeting combat style. I see Empyrion giving us the best experience once the core features are added.

19. =TCR= Big_Red

Fair enough. I mostly present these videos to display the fantastic graphics being used and features Empyrion can only dream about at this time because they are only five guys and its only a Alpha game. :rolleyes:

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I think it's great that DUAL Universe and Planet noMads exist so games like Empyrion don't get too comfortable. I've seen games that are still Apha get too comfortable. Now when I look at Dual Universe's demos and Empyrion's game as a far as graphics I don't see a huge of enough difference to make me play the game just yet but the features will be interesting in both games. DU has some really good features that they are promising. Now DU's combat the way the devs explained it will not be all that entertaining for me but its building system is clearly better than Empyrion but Space Engineers building system is better as well and a lot easier to use but I believe Empyrion can fix that. Have you seen Space Engineers since they made their graphics update? It looks just as good as these DU demos if not better graphics wise. Now in my personally opinion when I turn up all the graphic settings in Empyrion the game looks just as good as these DU demos but I know a lot of people would disagree with me. The textures in Empyrion still need some updating but Im sure they will get to that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016