Needs attention Epic Store players start up issue.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Pantera, Oct 11, 2024 at 6:07 PM.

1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

We are aware of issues with launching the game for the first time due to the Epic "User Agreement" UI, which requires you to select "Accept." PC stats overlays like MSI Afterburner (RivaTuner) or Nvidia Crossplay can prevent this UI from loading.

Please disable any PC stats overlays and try launching the game again. These overlays can also block the Epic in-game social overlays, so disable them before launching if you wish to use those features.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Identity

Identity Ensign

The same problem occurs when running the game on the GeForce Store
    Is there any fixes you guys plan to make for this?

3. Lady DeJaneira

Lady DeJaneira Ensign

Just got the game less than 30 minutes ago from the Epic store and was so excited to try it on GeForce Now but there’s no way past the “use with your Epic account” window. I’ve clicked a dozen times all over and around the allow button, even tried using my keyboard and controller and nothing happens. I don’t have/use overlays and if NVIDIA does have overlays for the GeForce Now service, users can’t disable them so we can’t utilize that solution. Hoping to get to try this game soon because it looks like a lot of fun

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Sorry GeForce Now isnt supported by us.
    Any changes to have the game funcion have to come from GeForce Now

5. Identity

Identity Ensign

Hey so, I got it working for me and what I did was that I minimized epic games (or empyrion, probably but I don't fully remember), and waited a couple of seconds, but just to be safe about 30 seconds (you should notice both epic games and empyrion minimized at the bottom), and then expand empyrion and it should get the epic games overlay working properly again)

This is the first time I've had to deal with such an issue but it was rather fun to figure it out, I was on a call with a couple of friends too who also got the game and had the same problem, but in the end, we (we as ME) managed to solve it
    It was a pretty fun hell of a time, I can't wait to play

6. Identity

Identity Ensign

Although the problem is mainly that game overlays are causing the Epic Games licensing agreement not to show, right?
    So this is a known issue regardless of whether you're using a cloud gaming service; isn't there any way to fix the issue? This is the first time I've seen something like this. Is there something specific with how your game works that prevents the agreement from responding?

I will say, it might be because the game starts in windowed mode rather than fullscreen on default
    That's the only difference I see compared to other games that don't have the issue