EXP v1.4 - DECALS

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Ralph_on_me

Ralph_on_me Lieutenant

The benefit is the "custom" part and being able to use these in non-POI entities. Custom decals but no custom LCD sprites. Maybe it's a completely different topic, but it's still feature that would be nice to have.

Kassonnade likes this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Well the decals don't work currently with Structural Integrity, like indicated in the instructions in post #1, so they can't be used in "destructible" player ships and bases.

It is a completely different topic because LCD use "characters" which are simple sequences of bytes, and images are bitmaps which are pixels with color and coordinates. Think of it like LCD are "notepad" : we can't use "images" in notepad. To get images in LCD then the developers have to transform LCDs from a "notepad" kind of method to a "Word" kind of method, which is far more complex, and even then Word does not "mix" images and text, they each have a specific "container" to be shown on the same "page".

They could maybe enrich the LCD "characters" to be able to display all extended ASCII code, but I have no idea if they can do it. This would allow some amount of compositing basic images with symbols, but surely not to the extent that bitmaps can achieve.

Look at the 2nd table at the bottom of the page :

http://www.asciitable.com/

By the way, some of these "extended characters" were at the basis of some very old computer games...

3. Ralph_on_me

Ralph_on_me Lieutenant

Except LCDs support sprites. They could support custom images, but they don't. It's not the same as decals for POIs, but it is in the custom image category. If they do extend this feature to destructible objects in the future there would be some overlap, but it doesn't in experimental.

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

What kind of sprites ?

5. Ralph_on_me

Ralph_on_me Lieutenant

I'd have to login to get the actual text (and I feel bad for getting so off topic) but it's something like <sprite=WeaponsLocker_bar>. That WeaponsLocker_bar exists somewhere in the game files. It would be nice if referencing something like <sprite=Custom_WeaponsLocker_bar> would check in a user modifiable location on the server instead of the internal sprite storage.

6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok I found the old thread :

https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-10-5-updated-lcd-panels-lcd-projector.76494/

I have no idea if these sprites and icons are individual files, or part of an "atlas" which is usually a large image with lots of smaller images on it, referenced by coordinates. So these are not individual icons like the ones we have for blocks, tools and weapons, for which we now can use our own (I didn't check this yet). If they are icons, they are very small ones and not the same format as regular inventory icons.

Decals use custom "whole" images, regardless of size, and the LCD obviously use definite-size and format (probably 256 colors max) meaning that it shouldn't even be able to use other icons. They could add more, but the main problem is that these are "internal" and hidden somewhere in packages (for now).

Ephoie and Germanicus like this.
  7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Decals might be one of the best additions this game has ever seen.

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It is overwhelming. I can't stop thinking of a zillion ways to use them, how they can change the face of this game while giving a huge performance break on massive builds. I'm like a kid waking up and seeing the gifts under the Christmas tree...

Foofaspoon, ravien_ff and Fractalite like this.
  9. jharyl

jharyl Ensign

A pity that it is an admin only option but ASTIC and the Reforged Eden Team will use it to the best... Thats for sure!

And by the way: Boys your work is most appriciated!!!

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You basicylly *could* use it for non-admin as well, but then you will run in the issue that the decals will not vanish if the structure collapses or is destroyed (as the decals are not bound to a physical block)

Ephoie, jharyl and Kassonnade like this.
  11. dionis

dionis Ensign

[QUOTE = "Hummel-o-War, сообщение: 423983, участник: 366"] Глобальная информация
    Q: Что такое НАКЛЕЙКИ?
    О: Декали - это в основном пользовательские изображения (сохраненные в формате .jpg или .png), которые можно добавить в игру и использовать в POI. Декаль сохраняется в определенной папке, и есть файл конфигурации для самой надписи (ширина, прозрачность и т. Д.)

Пример: план этажа для POI или логотипа.
    [ATTACH = полный] 84355 [/ ATTACH]

Примечание: пожалуйста, используйте пока только с ADMINCORE (CoreAdmin, CoreNPCAdmin и т. Д.), Поскольку декали НЕ работают со структурной целостностью и не могут быть удалены или уничтожены в Survival. Они останутся плавающими.

Как добавить надписи к POI?

A. Файл настроек декалей
    1. Найдите файл чертежа в папке префабов сценария, например:
    BAO_CreativeLibrarySpace_Tut . epb
    2. Откройте Блокнот или редактор и создайте новый файл с именем: BAO_CreativeLibrarySpace_Tut. декали

Заметка:
    - Имена файлов должны быть ИДЕНТИЧНЫМИ, за исключением расширения! Затем этот файл используется для настроек и прочего.
    - Оба файла должны находиться в папке prefabs сценариев, например: .. \ Empyrion - Galactic Survival \ Content \ Scenarios \ Default Creative \ Prefabs

Б. Файл изображения
    1. Найдите на своем компьютере подходящий файл изображения (допускается расширение * .png или * .jpg), например
    empyrion-logo.png.
    2. Скопируйте файл изображения в следующую папку в папке с игрой: .. \ Empyrion - Galactic Survival \ Content \ Scenarios \ Default Creative \ SharedData \ Content \ Prefabs

Заметка:
    - Разумеется, замените "Default Creative" в примере на название вашего сценария.
    - Если подпапка (отмечена желтым) недоступна в вашем сценарии, вам необходимо сначала создать ее.

C. Установите положение наклейки (в игре)
    Чтобы использовать картинку в качестве игровой декали, вам нужно сначала получить позицию размещения декалей:

1. Откройте игру и загрузите творческий режим.
    2. Создайте чертеж, к которому хотите добавить декаль (помните шаг A1 + 2!)
    3. Найдите место, в которое вы хотите поместить наклейку.
    4. Наведите курсор мыши на его примерное положение. (= это будет центр позиции декали)
    5. Откройте консоль и выполните следующую команду: ' decals clip '.

Это скопирует координаты в буфер обмена!

6. Выйдите из игры и откройте файл .decal, например: BAO_CreativeLibrarySpace_Tut. декали
    7. Вставьте содержимое буфера обмена ( CTRL + V ).

Тогда вы получите что-то вроде этого
    [код]
    [DecalName]
    -Pos = -3.293293,141.0327, -36.46106
    -Rot = 333,4349,180,0
    -Размер = 1,1
    -Diffuse = file.png [/ code]

Примечание. Это только рекомендуемый рабочий процесс. Теоретически вам не нужно использовать 'decals clip' в игре, так как вы также можете использовать вышеупомянутые данные и поместить их в файл .decals вашего проекта. НО в этом случае якорь декалей в игре может быть «где-то».

Конечно, вы можете найти положение блоков в игре, используя консольную команду 'di'. Положение блока, на которое указывает ваш курсор, отмечено окном. Затем эти координаты можно использовать с настройкой надписи. Таким образом, вы можете добавить все свои декали в файл * .decals, а затем добавить координаты позже. Все, что подходит вашему рабочему процессу.
    [ATTACH = полный] 84354 [/ ATTACH]

D. Объедините свое изображение с файлом декалей чертежей.

После того, как вы скопировали код в файл .decals, вам ВСЕГДА нужно привязать свое изображение к этой конфигурации декалей, чтобы она отображалась в игре.

1. В файле декалей найдите строку с надписью «Diffuse = file.png».
    2. Переименуйте его в собственное имя файла: 'Diffuse = empyrion-logo.png '
    3. Вернитесь в игру (сохраненную игру, которую вы сейчас используете с шагом C1 и последующим), откройте консоль и выполните: ' decals '

Теперь промойте и повторите: измените настройки положения, логотипа или надписи и перезагрузите сцену, пока вы не будете удовлетворены.

E. Дополнительные настройки декалей.
    Помимо основного положения, поворота и размера, вы можете использовать следующие параметры.

ЗАМЕТКА:
    - Вы также можете указать веб-адрес для загрузки надписей. Работает для изображений и видео (mp4)
    - Если есть доступный файл .epb Декали на структурах теперь сохраняются в ../<gamename>/Shared/<structid>/decals.txt, чтобы иметь возможность изменять существующие декали вручную с помощью текстового редактора в запущенной сохраненной игре ! (у игрока должен быть активен «Сохранить в шаблон» для этой структуры)

[код]
    [Внимание] # укажите здесь собственное имя
    -Pos = 0.88,14.0125,1.14 # позиция декали в POI.
    -Rot = 90,128,1 # вращение декали.
    -Size = 8,8 # размер проецируемого изображения; можно использовать числа с плавающей запятой
    -Diffuse = CautionLowTemp.png # диффузное изображение, которое может быть в формате jpg или png (с альфа-каналом). Следите за тем, чтобы ваши размеры были как можно меньше из-за производительности.
    -Normal = CautionLowTemp_n.png # установить карту нормалей вашего изображения, чтобы придать вашему изображению большую глубину
    -Emissive = CautionLowTemp_e.png # установить другое изображение, чтобы выделить излучающие части вашего изображения
    -EmissiveColor = 5,0,0 # установить цвета r, g, b, которые должны испускать цвет. Установите> 1, чтобы увеличить эффект цветения / излучения.
    -Mode = Transparent # [Transparent, Opaque, Cutout, Fade] Декаль будет проецироваться в заданном размере, слегка прозрачной.
    -Cull = false # по умолчанию true. Установите значение false, если вы хотите, чтобы отображалась обратная сторона наклейки - перевернутая по вертикали
    -Color = 1,0,0,1 # r, g, b, a: установить цвет / прозрачность оттенка; Пример: 1,0,0,1 = красный + 100% прозрачность
    -ColliderMode = NoCollision # NoCollision | Collision | Off: дополнительные коллайдеры для декали.
    -Video = VideoName.mp4 # Показывать видео в формате mp4 вместо текстуры. Будьте ответственны, так как это может повлиять на производительность!
    -Specular = image # png файл для управления зеркальным шейдером
    [/ code] [/ QUOTE]
    its very interesting, but hard to understand. Could u please make a video instruction. I wrote a lot of texts how use this decals, but still cant do it. Please help. Rec an step by step video instruction. It will be helpful not only for me, but for lots of guys, cause there no video instruction of modding about EGS.

12. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Post Updated to v1.4 EXP

TODO
    DecalGun Info

Ephoie and Kassonnade like this.
  13. Grandcrosser

Grandcrosser Ensign

I would love to see that audio file interface (to replay audio wav files) to be implemented into the PDA system, with an ability to manage localizations (audio language origins). There are so many text-to-speech tools exist that can produce wav files using different voices and languages. This will make any custom scenario very immersive and fun. In my opinion, text PDA is an 'old-school' that not many people enjoy. Games, like Dual Universe, have audio speech playback implemented in their tutorial system and it works great. Besides, if it works for decals in Empyrion, it would not be too hard to make it for the PDA. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Ephoie and ravien_ff like this.
  14. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Now, if we could get an audio file to loop, or cue on proximity, to accompany the image or mp4. Are GIF's not on the table too?

Ex:

News broadcast...
    [​IMG]

Pipe exhaust venting steam... (ideally the actual fog image would have a clear background.....)
    [​IMG]

A sparking wire with electrical noises
    [​IMG]

Pairing these visuals with audio would greatly enhance a POI's immersive quality.

Kassonnade likes this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can play .wav or .ogg

Ephoie and Kassonnade like this.
  16. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Yeah, Stuff like this!

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Poor beaker...

Ephoie and Track Driver like this.