TEASER Experience a Darker Empyrion in The Dark Faction DLC!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Taelyn, Jan 9, 2024.

1. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Honestly I was being silly. People keep mixing Developer vs Publisher with Funcom and it's quite shocking that people don't know the differences. Might as well throw in a silly number haha.

I think they can help make a difference on a publisher side of things.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Nothing against a good DLC, but I strongly hope that all improvements put into it will also translate - somehow - into the standard game. I'm a bit worried about the fact that now Eleon must keep two waggons running instead of just one.

3. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

I agree, ALL basic game mechanics should always be accessible through the native game with good game design, not locked behind paywalls. Elite Dangerous and their Odyssey update is a bad example of a DLC. Hopefully the melee combat transfers over to the Vanilla game. New features, story missions and blocks that are DLC specific makes sense to tie to a DLC from Eleon's perspective to sell the DLC which would be normal practice in the industry.

Hopefully this doesn't hinder normal updates and fixes. Either way, I am buying at least 3 copies of the DLC and hope that it will lead to good things in the future for Empyrion. I hope we see a lot of improvement to combat, AI spawning and AI tracking as well. Maybe someday I can have a crew on my ship that'll actually fulfill roles assigned to them, or protect my base.

Jacoviz likes this.
  4. Necroz

Necroz Lieutenant

first of all kudos for the archivement this is a big step on the right direction , with that said i can say that its a good idea to offer a pay DlC , you had and continue to give us content for free , but as we all know things works with money and i can assume that most of us has considered at least 1 time some way to , lets say "put money" to help in the develepment so things can improve , i can only hope that this dosent end up into battlepass or stuff like that , and also hope that we dont have to pay for improvements or actions that should be on vanilla.
    ill buy the DLC happy , but again with the hope that more stuff will be included on vanilla and not just to pay for them.

like always thanks and good job like always !

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  5. Pembroke

Pembroke Commander

Looks cool!
    Just wondering about why no pre-order choice? I can understand the need for secrecy as part of the deal and for the surprise factor but there's still almost a month... You missed an opportunity:): "Pre-order now and get this skin/suit/device/weapon variant (or something) exclusive to those who pre-order"

DLCs are fine and $10 is quite reasonable for new cool content. If you are going to continue development you need a revenue stream. That's just how the real world works. Though, do keep on the Light side and avoid falling to the Dark side. That is, "pay-to-win" style stuff is definitely a bad idea. Otherwise DLCs are a quite good way to finance the continuation of development.

Heck, as long as you keep it on the Light side, feel free to start planning the second DLC. :)

6. AlterDraconis

AlterDraconis Lieutenant

I think that DLC should be dealt like do in Paradox. The basis is there in the main version, and the DLC expands it. Like in Stellaris, they introduced a council, but with the purchase of DLC, new leaders were added and their number expanded to 5. The same scheme is needed here.

7. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

the fact than some time i come here to read mean i never completly forget the game. But after several reset due to new versions or new game mechanic and reworking and so drastically ship build breaking, i have give up of this game. I`m the class of player who is never shy to spend money on dlc and expecially on cosmetic. Dota or elite dangerus, or rimworld can prove that. But you need more carefully crafting your product on player who like a standing world to build and menage all their achievment. Not all the player base like this farm, build, reset, repeat. Some become frustraded after a while and shift their attention on game than instead thet keep a persisten world with addiction and minimal reworking. And that`s my case. Is not i don`t like the game, i just don`t like this menagement, so i sadly pass. I hope one day to finally see a final and stable version of the game and i finally start to play again, but i`m doubtful.

Jacoviz likes this.
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I am curious about that one as well.
    Will there be a seperate workshop for players who bought it through the Epic game store?
    Or will Eleon create a new workshop on their own servers that can be accessed by both platforms?
    (somehow I do not see Steam allowing someone to upload a blueprint unless they have an account with them.)

Or was Funcom misinformed and the game will remain only available on Steam?

Germanicus and Myrmidon like this.
  9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Lol, a paid DLC to an unfinished game that's still crawling with bugs that they have been trying to correct for the past 4 or 5 years in some cases....

Good call

Jacoviz and stanley bourdon like this.
  10. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

...after these years have passed and like so many players racking up a large number of hours in game, I will have no hesitation on dropping €10 for new content - and most importantly fresh revenue for Eleon, to keep going, developing etc. Was always a concern that the dev's would run out of road(finance) and have to abandon the project. So DLC is a good move from my perspective.

Foofaspoon and Germanicus like this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have a suggestion, have the game automatically flag the blueprint as needing the DLC when uploaded or updated in the workshop.

12. Bob [OG]

Bob [OG] Commander

that explains the laser raptors...