Experimental v1.5 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, May 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Core room door switch in power over ride room and Core Doors follow single of the doors in core room are on miss match.

Dark fields can be easily overridden with night vision.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Vermillion ? You know more? Or are those Changes made later by 'Someone else'?

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, the Darkfields are just LCD trickery. That nightvision bypass LCD projectors is news to me.
    As for the other... I have no idea what he's referring to. No logic signals are mismatched. All 3 of the shutter doors on the core open when the lever in the generator room is pulled.

Myrmidon and Germanicus like this.
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

MY bad. It is left orphan because of the destruction of the switch. Again, thank you for the grate re-work @Vermillion

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  5. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

I see this is your first post. If you play long enough, you may notice that stable branch or not, you are the tester. I have 4000 hrs of playing, nothing is "tested" before it gets shoved out the door. Glaring flaws that completely break game play are more common than you think. Things that if they did any testing at all, would have shown up. I love playing the game, glaring flaws, sadly are part of the game play until they completely stop working on it, and someone mods out the existing flaws that are left behind.

6. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

I know what you mean mate I finally got the mission done I had to start for the sixth time on a different planet and lea ended up being the snowy planet and ado my starter planet it seems to me some starter planets don't like the missions or zirax have deliberately corrupted the game solar system lol :) your right it's my first post as I only joined the forum last night I understand being an ex dev for blizzard and Activision and Ubisoft and a few others there are bugs to be expected but that bug was a nightmare there's also a bug now and then when you hit the handheld detector it keeps throwing up a continue and mail and quit and mail error box after constantly clicking on continuing when going into the console I see loads of red writing saying that the item called ctvs could not be found so its making it seem as if there is no scanner

7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

With these loose interpretations of what "bugs" are we now have many players reporting all kinds of normal gameplay faults (balance issues & similar) as "bugs" instead of providing feedback on the proper dedicated threads. Also note that even though Eleon mentioned a few times that they were not going to "support modding" they are in fact doing it for specific custom scenarios, but not for others.

This free-for-all is like a sign showing me (and surely others) that it may be time to move on because trust is not earned with double-standards and PR "stunts" to keep players believing this is serious and directed in any sensical manner.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Escarli and Germanicus like this.
  8. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

I've just this minute uninstalled 1.5 experimental as I've had to skip through part 6 and 7 of the story because of a constant error poping up all the time and when I go to mail it its all in mumbo jumbo Chinese font and symbols in the mail so I'm reverting back to 1.4 at least that's playable without having crashes and freezes consitanlty yes I get its experimental but bugs on every single quest chain from chapter 4 onwatds is just a joke you cant release this game on the 8th of June elleon with all the bugs in it

9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Why don't you make a bug report?

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

My thoughts exactly. :)
    But by reading his rambling I did not suggest it as it may be not a Bug Report but a ****-Storm:rolleyes:

11. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

because every time I click mail and continue or mail and quit it's not sending an email it's sending all Chinese symbols and love hearts nothing explaining the errors plus I've had over 96 error boxes in the last 3 days of trying to get 1 mission to finish which was the one where you had to find the small wrecked vessel the more these errors occurred the more I couldn't play so I reverted to 1.4 as id literally tried everything id been told to uninstall reinstall unsubscribe to all workshop content I did all this and to no avail anything fixed the issue the quests keep throwing an error the worst one is the last chapter 7 wins and losses I went to warp to the high-security planet and it kept going back to the solasystem I was already in and bringing up error box one after another if id have clicked mail and continue on all those boxes I would have ended up sending over 100 + emails with just Chinese symbols and emotes in the mails I'm an ex dev and I know those emails were not error reports I'm not bad mouthing or slandering the game as I've stated its experimental and bugs are expected but this was just a joke after 6 restarts and 7 reinstalls just to get to the end of the game chapter 7 but not even beable to get to the prison and have to go through the dialogue sat in my cv ships seat as if I'm already at the prison is mental with error boxes constantly poping up with continue / continue and mail / mail and quit. and every time clicking on mail and continue or mail and quit just kept bringing the same box up again and again and again when I went into the console I saw the same error lines but different things in the text saying it could not load the playfield as the playfield names didn't exist that was on 13 of the lines in other lines of red text it was saying failed to load playfield due to the SQL lite database error ids not being present was bringing up loads of stuff such as missing quest data and other stuff but none of this was mentioned in the emails it was all Chinese symbols and emojis that's why I never sent bug reports because it was all rubbish in the email google translate couldn't even translate it only into individual words such as mother and friend and best day what's all that got to do with an error I couldn't send that to eleen it made no sense

stanley bourdon likes this.
  12. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

as for your comment I'm not rambling I'm dyslectic and disabled paralyzed bed-bound and wheelchair-bound FYI

Spoon, stanley bourdon and Pach like this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I am Sorry.

Besides., eventually @Myrmidon meant that you may consider to write up a Bug Report in here. In the Experimental Bug Report section -> https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.34/

The 'email and continue'-problem have many people, out of different reasons.

Pach likes this.
  14. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

no worries I'm used to it a lot of people judge what I put as it is one long winded comment with no punctuations and such this is because the program I use to transfer my voice to text doesn't recognize most my words correctly it hasn't been upgraded since covid lockdown so it makes a lot of mistakes basically I'm talking through a throat mic and it puts what I'm saying on the screen

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  15. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

That would be a waste of time. As has been stated by Kassonnade, and myself many times, the double standards (the devs only listen to a chosen few) make filing "reports" a waste of time, and effort. No, that ship has sailed long ago. You can't be two faced and expect any assistance from those you disrespect. It's a real life thing, if you are not fair , and honest, and are double dealing and duplicitous instead, some people will notice that.

16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

If you do not mind me asking, how do you fly vessels on Empyrion?

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So, why are you posting in the Experimental Thread if you don't have anything useful to say?

At least I know what I am doing here - helping to make EGS better

18. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

i don't mind you asking I use adapted controller for the pc it works from certain movements such as eye blinking for certain apps and voice commands for others iys difficult to use but I get by in my games I have to set up the controls to my required set presets that work best for the given game I've reinstalled the 1.5 on my external hard drive and so far haven't encountered any errors as of yet so its possible my disability hardware and software being out of date could be an issue as normally when I start the game I get an error box come up being disabled isn't nice I know a lot of people are a little worried to ask about the disabilities but I'm paralized due to an ied in afgan going off at the side of my humvee I'm blind in 1 eye and paralized from the neck down so things are a little difficult I'm stuborn and used to working I don't like the fact I have to rely on my partner and carers all the time you can see the stuff I use if you type in quadstick .com

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Needleship, Wellingtoon, Pach and 3 others like this.
  19. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@startac43 First of all I forgot to welcome you to the Empyrion community. Also it is a week or so until 1.5 exit the experimental branch. I suppose you can wait until then, many of the bugs you encountered and the CoQ message should be fixed. I also jump on experimental from version to version and sometimes get frustrated only to find myself go back one version and wait for the main branch to get public. New features are exciting usually, but it is only a matter of time until we all be able to play with the new features.

I hope you enjoy the game more than I do. ;)

20. startac43

startac43 Lieutenant

thank you I mainly enjoy the story part and building in the game as fighting in space peoves very difficult at times but snipers never loose there senses lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.