Followers and other friendly NPC's.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sillls, May 16, 2022.

1. Sillls

Sillls Lieutenant

After reading the latest road map that started talking about NPC overhaul. I wanted to ask. Are there any new plans to adding things like NPC followers to the game?

I would love to have a flight crew or a base crew. No I am not talking about the cardboard cutouts that you can buy from venders.

NPC's like:

Farmers - Planting and harvesting crops.
    Guards - Patrolling, guarding and go on assaults with sergeant/squad leader or player.
    Commanders - Maintains station and other base operations including other NPC's
    Captains - Commands Capital ships and all ops including attack repairs and pilots for (SV's)
    Pilots - Flys SV's and HV's. could do patrol, (mining HV's only) as well as scouting.
    Sergeants or squad leaders.- That can lead small groups of NPC's in battle for/with the player.
    Dr's and nurses - Heal NPC's, you and make medicine from farmed or purchased ingredients
    Restaurant workers - Cook food for NPC's and players. Increase moral of crew.
    Engineers- Repair - But can craft weaponry, armor, tools and even SV's, HV's CV's and BA's.
    Flight crew - General crew for Capital class vessels.
    Base crew - General crew for Bases.
    Followers - NPC's that can follow and assist in a number of ways. Carry, fire support or medical.

I would love to see this or some of this in the game please and thanks. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    michaelhartman89 and Searcher like this.
  2. Searcher

Searcher Lieutenant

i really like the idea of NPCs doing your job and eating your food. but i don't see a reason for that in a survival game. this will turn the game into a city simulator. which is good but it will be a completely different game. the game already has a multiplayer so there's really no good reason for that in a single player. maybe drones to automate harvest and collect resources from water collectors and extractors. and crafting devices could have an autoproduction mode that will start producing something whenever it has enough resources for that. but that will turn your bases and ships into factories producing infinite goods for sale that will turn the game into a merchant simulator or a magnate simulator that is also a completely different game so i don't know. this looks fun, it could be an option for the sandbox mode.

3. Sillls

Sillls Lieutenant

Not really. You see NPC's everywhere. Infact the only place that you don't see NPC's is at what the player builds.
    Also the game seems to suggest it in many suttle ways. Things like passenger seats and work stations.
    Also the story hints at the player finding his crew. It is almost like it is missing.
    To me, the game seems empty without them.
    I mean look at all the room on Capital class ships. Don't they look like they should be crewed?

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  4. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

One can only hope. NPC companions, npc operated player owned ships and better combat is all I want from empyrion.

If I have those I can learn to accept the fact that I may never walk on a moving ship