General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Seems like maybe this latest hotfix broke the ore scanner?

Deleting my cache file and starting a new game "fixed" this.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Have ya Bug Reported this yet? ;)

binhthuy71 likes this.
  3. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Isn't the ore scanner supposed to be in inventory (backpack) rather than on the tool bar? I thought I read something about that not long ago. I believe it was Hummel who told us that. Try moving it to your backpack. If that doesn't work, try replacing it (via gm) and see if maybe you just didn't get a glitched scanner. I had it happen once with the scanner and a few times with the assault rifle.

4. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

anyone seeing solar panels not charge the battery after the latest update?

dichebach and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    To which extend?

The ore scanner needs to be either in inventory or toolbar AND you need a drill (Survival tool or MTs won't work)
    It also does not work when seated in a vessel (i think)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

They remove the ability to crush rocks with the tree Harvester????

This was an awesome Improvement and an actual reason to use this thing what a shame

7. dichebach

dichebach Captain

It must have been something in my cache folder generated from a save game from the previous version which was causing that glitch!

8. Lane M Johnson III

Lane M Johnson III Ensign

Ive found this on several POI's on different custom planet playfields. Mechdroids and Zirex soldiers are shooting thru the POI's to hit and kill you. They can shoot thru the POI , up to the second floor, or second level down. Cleared all around POI and went inside again, killed again in central elevator shaft. Pack abandoned and POI's ignored until a patch.

9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That's a ruthless bug. It's cropped up, been squashed, and cropped up again. At one point (Version 5?) POIs could hit you through a mountain if you were in range. I try to play ironman and being shot to pieces through perfectly good cover takes the fun right out. Makes me want to open the console and then go all Rick C137 on the place.

10. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Rick C137?

Or should I not ask?

11. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Ensign

I see iron has the blue outlines now. I hope all the other ores are the same. The other voxel system was annoying.

12. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Ensign

I see iron has the blue outlines now. I hope all the other ores are the same. The other voxel system was annoying.

13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It's from Rick & Morty. :D

14. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

*googles*

Oh.

Sorry. Not my kind of tv show. :)

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  15. MrFubar

MrFubar Commander

As far as I know iron, copper, silicon are still voxel mining unless your server has changed their template file, as they can adjust which ores are mined which way.

16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Rick and I are the same age (70) he's just a lot more outgoing than I am. :D

Tyrax Lightning and WolfEyes like this.
  17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

The lack of collision on many versions of landscape and foliage is, seemingly, a glaring deficiency in the game. In that respect, I fully agree. All too often I am shot at seemingly "through" something which should block line of sight and projectile trajectory. Of course, this criticism has to be tempered by the fact of what they have accomplished here: reasonably large randomly generated planets, as well as "solar system" playfields, and networks of solar systems to link them together.

I would say this is the single most important thing for them to focus on: make the game world's physics as consistent, coherent and universal as possible. Related to this: an "exploit" I have made a bad habit of using is to breach into POIs by sapping: setup a base as close as possible and begin tunneling, extending a long strip of concrete blocks as I go. Once I'm up inside through the bottom, extend the concrete blocks up through the structure to create blockages and bottlenecks and "farm" the spawners. Doesn't seem to work as well as it used to, but blocks from a player base can build "right through" the blocks of an enemy POI no problem. I'd miss this "feature" if it were "fixed" but then again it is completely unrealistic too . . .

So, I believe you that the Zirax were shooting through the blocks. I am pretty sure I've seen it happen too.

However, one caveat: in my most recent POI assault, I had a little ramp of concrete blocks and then blocks on either side and I was fighting the Zirax coming from two spawners: kill them, loot them, head back down to my healer and cargo box and fridge underneath then come back and repeat.

At some point, I got insty killed by something coming from an unknown direction at the exact moment I stepped out into the hallway (past my concrete blocks). I respawned grabbed my kit and reconfigured. But then it happened again. Finally the core got accidentally blown up and that was the end of my farming. It was at that moment I realized: during the fighting the panels "behind" me at the spot where I had repeatedly been killed were blasted away and the planetary ion cannon was right there and guess which direction it was pointing!

Shot in the back by a planetary ion cannon pointing back INSIDE its own base twice.

18. Paffy

Paffy Ensign

Currently, early game is really slow and boring. I wanna build!!!

19. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I hope that they don't "speed up" the "default" scenario. Having the "baseline" be fairly slow is a good point from which faster scenarios can be fashoined. I skipped over several versions (havent' played the game for months) but back in the day, the early game was just too damned fast, no sense of challenge to it.

Agree, it can be a real slog, but remember: if you manage to assault just one high-end POI, it can speed things up a lot.

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

You can successfully undermine a low level POI pretty early in the game. The digging takes patience. The reward is that it almost always works as long as you're careful and always have a fallback spot.
    You can also scavenge your way to space pretty easily if you build a cheap HV and use the HV scanner. It's range enables you to find a surprisingly large number of low risk wrecks, ruins, etc. Bring along some cores and a multitool so that you can salvage thrusters, turrets, etc. You will occasionally find valuable parts and weapons as well. Though it isn't completely conflict-free (Shakes fist at spiders) how much you fight usually depends on how much you wish to fight.

Tyrax Lightning, dichebach and Bollen like this.