General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

I posted a work around for lost worlds here. I haven't tested it with the last couple of patches though.

2. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

You might be surprised at how much they do listen to the community. They are focused on getting a suitable public steam alpha ready. But they are listening and I would be surprised if they didn't make tweaks to planned features based on our feedback, suggestions, and ideas.

3. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

The common name for them where I grew up was cat tails. the Proper name is Typha Everything but the "weiner" is edible by humans, but that can be made into flour. They grow in shallow water at the shores of lakes.

4. leewells2000

leewells2000 Lieutenant

The one thing I would like to see is a reworking of Oxygen.

GV + SV - No reason a player should get out of the cockpit to refill on oxygen, all cockpits should be oxygenated.

CV + BA - I would L O V E to see volumetric oxygen, that is oxygen vents, airlocks, etc so when a player enters his base / ship, oxygen is not consumed and the space suit can be removed.

With that said, oxygen consumption needs to be drastically reduced, but I suggest with that adding a CO2 saturation feature which does have to be constantly maintained by the player. Basically, scrubbers (and allow plants to naturally scrub interior atmospheres if you decide to go that route with oxygen).

My only other concern for the game would be how on earth you would add the items to the game without making things appear repetative from star system to star system. As it stands right now, it would be odd to see the same plants on this desert planet as on another, it begins to look like a copy and paste. This is a huge hurdle to jump over and my suggestion would be to make the planet truely desert, with only 2-3 lifeforms and changing those lifeforms randomly between desert worlds.

I'm also hoping to see an Earth-Like plnet as well :) With that said, they must also have diffrent life forms from other earth-like planets.

Last but not least, SOLAR. I'm surprised this is not already in the game; a way of powering ships and stations using the star. My suggestion would be a solar panel and "Power Pack Recharger" that will charge "spent power packs" to "Power Packs". Also, instead of fuel tanks just eating these items, it needs to create the biproduct of "spent power packs".

Edit: I would like to add that I believe that energy consumptiona and food consumption should be carefully reconsidered, as it stands, it feels like I eat so much I'm losing immersion. Energy is another thing, I feel like I'm spending an aweful lot of time just refilling tanks, to the point it feels as if it is detracting from gameplay.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Games4Kickz likes this.
  5. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

http://empyriononline.com/threads/resources.451/page-3#post-8784 Way ahead of you.

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Something kompletely different: Need more HOTKEYS for SUBSYSTEMS !!!

Currently we only can switch on/off the whole ship/base (Y) or all lights of a ship/base (F)

What i'd like to see in favor of a more granular energy-management is an additonal ON/OFF SWITCH for THRUSTERS and one for PLANT-LIGHTS

7. grognon

grognon Lieutenant

I would like to talk about my driving feeling . For my part I feel that it miss some realism when you pilot your ship, in space and into the atmosphere .
    In general way, space ships are responding too brutally when you press a key, it need a smoother inertia when we are commanding a thruster .

In the atmosphere, there is by definition, air (or a kind of) that should interact with the space ship who should become in this case more a regular plane than a space ship (in term of physics reaction).

Example : you fly straight forward then, just roll on with "a" or "e" key, your ship should have to turn this way following a curve due to aerodynamic forces applied on the chassis . Sorry for my random english, hope you got what I would mean .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  8. Astra

Astra Commander

I agree. Good point!

9. Astra

Astra Commander

Can't we use the control panel to do this?
    I have been turning things off from there to conserve power. But ok hard to figure out what is what after the build gets complicated.
    Is this something like what you mean?

10. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

One thing I've noticed is that the load time for the individual saves vary quite a bit, even with the same save. Some times I'll have less than 5 seconds for a save to load, and other times it can take upwards of 5 min.

EDIT: Also, the backup function has not once worked without causing Empyrion to go into a non-responsive mode that required a force-quit and restart, at which time the backup is there.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  11. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

Personally I'd like to be able to have multiple "Power Profiles" so I can have things running at "Max capacity", "Minimum functional", "Defenseless" ect.

12. Astra

Astra Commander

Yep that would be cool!
    i dont like the sound of defenseless though

13. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

"Defenceless" just being a mode where you don't waste powering weapons and shields (when they're implamented), gives you more power for exploratory and mining runs.

Astra likes this.
  14. Der Dieken

Der Dieken Ensign

how to capture a alien base.
    i destroyed the alien core and want to place my core but a massage poped up "wrong faction to place core" ???

15. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

Must be more than one core. That or a glitch

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Where did you try that (which base...creative or survival..which planet...etc)

17. d3x0r

d3x0r Ensign

Creative mode starting on the planet (first option) can't be very creative, no resources, no blocks, drill runs out of charges...

Scroll wheel doesn't scroll items

When using Water Generator and Oxygen generator shift-click moves power blocks to your hotbar slot instead of into the machine like power generators do...

There's a single scroll bar for assembly no matter what group you're in, so if you scroll down to construct something at the bottom of the list when you go back to components you have to scroll back up and then back down, and again, this can't be done with scroll wheel have to move over to scroll bar.

Needs mouse sensitivity settings, the mouse moves too slow, especially in vehicles and especially in space with jetpack on, up and down looknig is ridiculous. up/down strafing when you hit a wall is interesting and somewhat novel; but I'd think in the down direction, you'd be able to catch yourself with your legs if you were mostly vertical and stop yourself from going prone... was very disorenting in a hallway to go down and have it top; was trying to figure out why I was pitching when I went down but not up (I had just flown up to get into the ship, so I know that was straight....) but did figure out it was collsion with floor/ceiling that was confusing things.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

\You had no blocks in creative mode d3xOr ?

You have a creative menu you just use stuff from, you don't need to mine or use the drill at all .

First thing you do in game is power your escape pod and build more charges and fuel packs.

In creative you just drag them from the menu screen.

19. d3x0r

d3x0r Ensign

I see; I saw no indication there was a menu that I would get if I hit 'H'. ( after seeing there should be something I just started pressing keys until I found it)
    I as drilling because I wanted to see the shape of the Ore deposit I found. without actually digging into it, since I didn't have any blocks to play with, couldn't trigger assemblers to build anything.
    Hitting Escape I see I had a Debug menu that I can change time :) but on the Menu menu there's no 'creative menu here [H]' indicator...
    and I just now see there is a keybinding for it so I could have looked there.

20. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

In Creative Mode you can access the Creative Menu to spawn any item, including drill charges.