Get Support

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Feb 22, 2017.

1. vxsote

vxsote Commander

With the announced changes to ship class calculations in 6.6, I'm concerned with the effects that might have when the service is updated. I have a class 7 ship that is approximately a couple devices or lights away from being class 8. Will the new class calculation be applied in game, and what will happen if it tips my ship over the limit?

2. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Sorry for the delay guys.

Depends if I get the ID / unique name of it.

Did it happen near the green wall? To prevent this I would recommend to stay away from it. Otherwise I don't know..
    I can't restore the ships anymore only kind of give some compensation if the loss was big.

I think so - however the last time we had a full wipe they were not working 100% so I might implement them only in few orbits.
    I plan to overall update the scenario asap and with the next full wipe they would be active again.

It is already applied but we won't go over Class 7 for now. It is the servers hardware limit to handle already these big ships. If you re-saved the ship in creative it is not always that above the current Class. But sometimes you have to rebuild the ship, yes.

RexXxuS

3. vxsote

vxsote Commander

I was more concerned about losing everything that is in the ship, not whether I could keep the ship itself. Luckily, the triangle count went down so now I can actually increase the number of devices.

4. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

All Sorted, turned the SV public & it showed up in the side of my CV, ty to all those that helped me! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  5. Jebblue

Jebblue Lieutenant

Make sure the thrusters haven't been accidentally disabled, also make sure all the stuff related to flying is disabled then enabled. See if it helps.

6. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

I wish it was, that I had forgotten to switch on the RSC's, I really do. But na, look in the first photo. When I try to move that message pops up in the top left corner & the ship will not budge in any direction, not even that little bit you get from forgetting to switch on the RCS's, its just rock solid stuck. Every day I jump in, switch on & off the RCS's & thrusters & try move her & I've had no joy so far. I just have to hope she can be moved by admin.

7. Alatun

Alatun Commander

What I heared, Rex (primary admin) is on holiday. You should try to talk Taelyn on discord.

8. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

When I played on Alpha 5.5 server (same as this off. EU) I helped another player to save his ship that was stuck on green wall. Similar with your problem, one half was invisible on other side and when you walk on ship through green wall - you will fall down on ground on other side (where should be the CV cockpit of course).

It was real salvage job, with digging lots of ground under the ship, and physically pushing that CV with 2 SVs (with added engines for more thrust)... bit by bit, we 'saved it'. Great fun, it lasted at least 30-45 min. if not more.

Your problem is a bit different (CV stuck on SV), and this is a.6.6 and not a.5.5, but did you try move a little this CV with another ship?

9. Alatun

Alatun Commander

Can you see your SV in the registry? If yes, you can access the SV control panel and switch to the statistics tab. The ship id can be seen in the lower left corner.

10. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

Apologies for not knowing, but how do I access the registry please?

11. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

I'll give it a try.

12. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

ok, ty, didn't know this.
    I willl sort out my discord & pop on later.
    ty for letting us know

13. Mortlath

Mortlath Commander

I don't know if there's a hotkey, but when you are using the tech tree or blueprints, there are a list of icons along the top. One of those is the registry. Private ships aren't listed by default. Look for a toggle in the upper right.

14. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

found the Registry, silly me, never noticed that before.

15. Old Gezzer

Old Gezzer Ensign

ty, I have the id now :D

16. Xv15s

Xv15s Ensign

Hello,

My hv got teleported underground and it had my drill in it lol. The id is 5470101 on the mercenary camp planet. Please help.

17. Ez Pizza Deliveryhotline

Ez Pizza Deliveryhotline Ensign

Hey Guys,

Is the CV sizeclass calculation going to change on a regular basis?

I build a class 7 CV prior to 6.6.1, after the patch it was considered 19 or so, saving it as a blueprint got it to12, but still to big.
    So I build a new one. Building the first one I noticed that Pyramids had a lesser Trianglecount than full Blocks so I build several walls with Pyramids, but at one day I noticed that full Blocks were "better" now. It felt to me like this changed over night, but maybe it was like this from the beginning of 6.6.1 and I was just a fool, dont know. So I changed all the walls, got to sizeclass 7 again. Now, about a week later, I log in again and see that it now is sizeclass 9 for some reason. It also has 2 different trianglecounts but saving the ship again and spawning won't change a thing.

I understand that the game is still in alpha and that I have to anticipate stuff like this, wipes, etc. but it hit me twice (or trice?) in like 2-3 weeks and in my opinion the secound calculationchange wasn't communicated at all so I feel kinda insecure and am not to motivated to build a new CV that maybe will never see the light of day, too. Doesn't help too much that our old CV disappeared as well I guess :p

I still have the hope that maybe these 2 Triangle numbers mess the calculation up and are added or something along those lines?

Anyway, keep it up and thanks a lot for the support, I was already helped once and I can only assume how many problems dev's have to face in the early stage of a big sandbox game.

18. Jebblue

Jebblue Lieutenant

Trying out MP for a few weeks, was offline 2 or 3 days, just signed back on, Trader's Residence has been wiped. Lost my base and CV. For an official server, this is poor representation.

frank walls likes this.
  19. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

20. Jebblue

Jebblue Lieutenant

Sorry, it is easy to criticize. I'm still to this day, not clear, what planets are and are not wipeable.

What is a safe, preferably Akua like, non-wiped planet that we can build on without losing our investment of time?

I read a post in that thread, says Anavoon is safe from wipe. Hopefully it's PVE, perhaps I can try that one.