GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

shift click = 100

yes 1000 only exist to move from inventory to inventory by double click

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    monktk and Malekh like this.
  2. Malekh

Malekh Captain

Obviously a typo, but found it rather amusing. +1 :D

monktk, SilvRav and Kassonnade like this.
  3. wagfeliz

wagfeliz Commander

Ye, but this dont work for everything, they should do it for all interactions.

4. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Hey guys, can we please have a way to keep the MP chat window up longer? By the time I type in a message, the screen has gone and I'm now changing lights and stuff.

The chat window needs a lot of love. Please?????

Maybe an option to set a timer. I'd keep it up for a minute or so real time or more. Maybe make it smaller and tuck it perm. in one of the corners.

Ranu, Skavn and monktk like this.
  5. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

Couldn't agree more. This is a really small, but rather necessary change. Surely it isn't asking too much to have the chat fade time configurable? (from a few seconds to infinity). And please don't automaticly close the chat window (at all!). I can't understand why it does that anyway. Especially if I already typed something...

While we're at it: Why is there a character limit in chat? And even if there has to be one for whatever reason, why is it so low?
    And could we have an option to custimize the font-size? The current font and limited message length make it quite hard to write anything substantial.

Also: private messages: something like `/w <player-name> <message>` or (if there ever is a "temporary group" system) group messages.
    And don't forget about a "planet only" chat channel. Right now you're either talking to everyone or just your faction. There is no way to comunicate with players in your (more or less direct) proximity.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Ranu likes this.
  6. MrFubar

MrFubar Commander

Along with Chat configuration I would like the ability to adjust the font size and size of the chat window and location as well as the ability to block a particular person. The low character limit is annoying when trying to explain how to do something to someone.

Ranu and Skavn like this.
  7. SyraphX

SyraphX Lieutenant

Please give us the option to remap the middle mouse button.
    It's only used to hide the GUI and can't even be disabled.

A lot of people use their middle mouse button as a push-to-talk per exemple.

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Have you clicked on the 'mouse' keybindings section and changed what middle-mouse does?

9. SyraphX

SyraphX Lieutenant

I saw some keybinding for hide HUD. There wasn't any key listed in there.
    I added a key that wasn't used for anything else as a test.
    It worked an let me hide/unhide the HUD using the new key.
    It doesn't look like the middle-mouse button is assigned anywhere in the keybining list.

when I tried to assign the middle-mouse button to something else, it wouldn't register the key when pressed.
    It looks like it's hard coded and can't be changed.

The only thing I can think of otherwise is that I might have an old profile on my Naga mouse for Empyrion and programmed something else as the middle mouse button, but I doubt it.

10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Look to the top of the keybindings list. There are some not-so-obvious tabs of "keyboard" and "mouse" and possibly "controller" ... click on the mouse one, and it changes the list to show all the mouse bindings to things. Find something you want to assign to middle-button, and click to assign, then press middle-button, and it should enter it as like mouse3 or something.

Its those tabs that are so easily overlooked for how this is setup. I really don't like it, but they did this to allow for many different controllers be added to be configured.

SyraphX likes this.
  11. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Lieutenant

Eleon,

Great game.

Cockpit:
    I'd love to see height lines on the Cockpit mini map, like there is in the sector map to make it easier to tell if something is above or below you.

Character Creation UI:
    Make faction symbols, or allow us to mod in faction symbols, and then we can display it on the base. On textured banners, or holographic projectors. Go a long way to promoting UNITY (lol! See what I did there?)

Main UI:
    Allow users to change colors of the UI
    Have a global UI resize slider
    Also allow individual components to be resized

Building UI:
    More shapes please. (Lol! I am sure everyone asks for this)
    Another UNITY based survival game 7D2D utilizes a quicker more intuitive block rotation system. Would be awesome of Eleon could find a happy medium between the two.
    Is it possible to Color the grid bottom of a block when in placement mode to show up a separate color than the blue (red maybe). It makes it hard to determine how the block is currently rotated in some instances. Also possibly tint the main slope a little darker than the rest. Would just make building bases and such a wee bit easier.
    More texture types for Texture Gun, More Symbols for texture gone.
    More color options for the pain tool would rock as well!

Detector on vessels:
    Possibly make higher tiers of detectors show different colors for types of items. White for ores, green for POI's, Red for anything hostile, blue for faction players.

Very Respectfully,
    UnknownSoldier

Ballard likes this.
  12. RickyRockFish

RickyRockFish Ensign

Need more quality of life keyboard shortcuts for moving inventory. I noticed that a large portion of this game is inventory management. Ways\macros to auto-sort loot into configured bins would be superb.

13. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Lieutenant

Can we get an auto sort for containers, and constructors?

Pretty frustrating going behind my sloppy faction mate looking for items. Ugh... His sorting is like a teenagers room.

14. Senomega

Senomega Commander

that is already planned