Howto: Blueprints and Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Feb 2, 2016.

1. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

Sorry to be a pest Furian i tried what you said both in a multiplayer and single player game and even in creative mode and could find no big green button and could not get "workshop" button to work, it is not active in the blueprints screen. i've read the how to and gone over it again to make sure i didnt miss anything but is has no steps for blueprint retrieval so again sorry to turn you into helpdesk

2. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

Yeah i had no choice but to reinstall as i lost my entire hard drive so i lost everything which is why i need to retrieve my uploaded and "published" blueprints - but i have looked at all showing in the blueprints site and none of mine are there

3. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

I think i know what the issue is for me- whilst i did publish them i did not make them "public" as i figured noone gonna use them anyways so why do that - but of course i will not be able to see them in the http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=383120&requiredtags[]=Capital+Vessel list. So if they not public though shouldnt i at least be able to go find them somewhere ? hope so but i'm thinking probably not.

4. Furian

Furian Captain

Nah I don't mind :)

to acces the workshop close down your empyrion game (the open workshop from within the game isn't active yet)

go to your steam app, go to the library (where u got your games listed) mark empyrion, chose workshop and then to the right you'll see your profilepic - here you can select "my workshop" then you should be able to see your blueprints

TKDoctor likes this.
  5. TKDoctor

TKDoctor Ensign

OOOOOOOOO!!!!1 YAAAAAY!!!!!! CROWD GOES WIIIIILD!!! duuude you are the maaaan. thank you so much, i cant tell you how demoralised i was to think i would have to lose them- capital vessels are a loong time investment as you know- man i cannot thank you enough! I was thinking i would just not play any more. thank you thank you thankyou Furian.

Furian likes this.
  6. Furian

Furian Captain

Don't mention it. it's my pleasure to be of service :)

TKDoctor likes this.
  7. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

So now couple of days ago i published my first bp on the workshop. That same evening i got blown out of the sky and when i retrieved the bird & went back homebase where i did some alterations. Different lineup guns, another rcs and such. Now will i just publish it anew or overwrite the old print in the workshop with new pics ? What's the most sensible thing to do, as i see ppl have allready took a blueprint and most probably allready spawned it.

8. Furian

Furian Captain

if you overwrite your upload, their spawned ship wont change. but if the subscribed to your ship then the blueprint will be updated at their end aswell

Bigfeet likes this.
  9. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Ah thanks for that !

Furian likes this.
  10. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Love happy endings. :p

Furian likes this.
  11. kribouu

kribouu Ensign

I guys , i recently bought this game and i love him so much , but i've suscribe at some blueprint in the workshop but they dosent appear into my game , i've already restart the game , steam... :/ Help pls how can i get these cool blueprint ?

12. beats

beats Ensign

is there a limit on blueprints you can subscribe? i have around 100 and adding new ones doesnt really work anymore. just a few of them show up ingame, sometimes even after a couple days. removing others helps a bit. can you sync blueprints somehow?

13. Agent0024

Agent0024 Commander

There is a limit to how many it will show you in game. You can use Alt-O to save them locally once you spawn them in. From there you can unsubscribe and free up room to subscribe to more. I don't know what the limit actually is but it seems to be close to 100.

14. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I've played a couple survival matches, well . . . "one" match with several restarts I guess is more accurate. I've been wondering to myself "so how does this 'blueprint' thing work" but just kept putting off investigating it more formally and forging ahead with experiencing the game naively. So I have made it to Akua moon, harvested some Neobydinum and Sathium (actually built a whole fricking BASE on Akua Moon simply because last time I went there I got STRANDED: lesson learned NEVER leave your only vessel parked in the open on an inhospitable world) and brought it back and I've built my first "Capital Vessel" (should name it "SS Polygon" cause it looks like a gigantic BRICK!).

If I understand correctly, "blueprints" are (at this point) only useable in Creative Mode?
    http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Blueprints_(Guide)#Create_A_Blueprint

However, if I want to preserve the designs of the HV, SV and CV I've built in Survival mode, is it possible to load one of these saves in Creative?

Presumably, in the long run, there will be some use(s) of blue prints in survival as well? (e.g., plug in blueprint and materials and the constructor builds the ship for you??).

15. Ceabras

Ceabras Commander

Yes, you can target a ship/structure and press RightAlt + O to save the blueprint in Survival mode for use in Creative mode, and vice versa.

The blueprint menu works in Survival mode. You can add the required materials for the blueprint, press "Start Production" and then the timer counts down to spawn the blueprint. The blueprints menu is a great way to build a starter base that contains Constructors without going through the tedious process of making individual components in the Survival Constructor, for example.

dichebach likes this.
  16. AgentMaster

AgentMaster Lieutenant

How to delete BPs in-game blueprint library? Try delete key - not work...

17. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Ones from the workshop, you have to unsubscribe to through the workshop.

18. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Didn't see the answer to this here, and I'm wondering if someone has a good answer:

I made updates to my CV BP, but because I renamed it locally to work on, it will not let me re-upload to the original, even when I save the file name to match.

Is there a way to force a file to update to the original? Or do I have to delete the original and re-publish? (this is not a preferred option)

Germanicus likes this.
  19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

As the author of a blueprint, you should be able to overwrite your local copy of the blueprint (note the additional 'workbench' symbol), thus enabling you to update the original one.

If this for some reason should not work, you can open:
    <STEAMDIR>/Empyrion/Saves/Blueprints/<steamid>
    and copy paste your new BP over the original one.

Hope this helps

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  20. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

HUGE help, thank you Sephrajin!

I actually don't have a local copy: I originally made the BP on my PC, and did the updates on my laptop (which I got after the original BP was made, and didn't stop to think it would make a difference).

But it looks like I "should" be able to rename the one I made on the laptop to have the workshop ID number of the original in it, and then I "should" be able to update it. Not in creative right now, but will post back later if that doesn't work.

Germanicus likes this.