Fixed HV core falls though world if you remove surround starter block steel blocks [00274]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by atomicskicarver, Jun 26, 2022.

1. atomicskicarver

atomicskicarver Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.8.2 3846
    Mode: Creative and survival
    Mode: single-player

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 722138 was the survival seed i started to test if this happens in survival, but also happens in a creative seed

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: n/a

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: trivial to minor (an annoyance because you cannot remove the errant block)

Type: Instances

Summary: Spawn HV block - if you remove extra blocks before they fall, the core falls through the world repeatedly.

Description: When creating an HV in creative mode, I spawned the starter block, removed the steel blocks and the core then falls though the world. I tried using di to get the id to delete the falling core, but the ID doesn't show up. Not a game destroying bug, but really annoying that you cannot get rid of the falling core or do anything to stop it, especially as it also happens in survival mode.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) spawn HV starter block.
    2) remove the 8 steel blocks that are around the core BEFORE the block falls.
    3) Wait for the block to fall, and it will, ad infinitum.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

I have RE1.7 on my machine, but I was running completely vanilla games when the error occurred.

2. LongJoeSilver

LongJoeSilver Ensign

Hello, new here, great game, but same annoying bug. Also happens if you remove the core instead - the steel blocks then fall forever on an infinite cycle, but you can get rid of those because they break instantly if you zap them as they pass (that happened the other day, in the last build)

Build: 1.8.3 3849
    Mode: Vanilla survival, single player & co-op
    Seed: 428955

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

atomicskicarver and Germanicus like this.
  3. atomicskicarver

atomicskicarver Ensign

Thanks for posting LongJoe, I hadn't noticed that you can see the object ID in the error message. So it is possible to remove the errant block, but only by console command.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. LongJoeSilver

LongJoeSilver Ensign

ooh i didn't think of that (but then i am a noob! i only found out how to open the console by hitting the wrong key) :D

atomicskicarver likes this.
  5. atomicskicarver

atomicskicarver Ensign

No worries LJ, I only have a thousand hours or so, so I too am a noob! :)