Help needed I cant play coop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dolmux, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Dolmux

Dolmux Ensign

When i create a coop game my friends cant join me. They keep loading and after 15 sec go to the home page.
    I have all ports opened, tried with eac active and unactive. Is not the firts time that i play coop with friends , we play a lot of coop games but since 1.8 we cant play together. Anyone can help me ?

ZzZ likes this.
  2. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

Hello, we want to play the game with my little brother in the same house. I open a local server and the game opens, from the other computer we open the multiplayer tab and connect, but it does not connect. Is there a solution to this problem?

3. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

ı have this problem..

4. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

5. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Not sure what you've tried so far, sorry if this is a retread. The following assumes you are co-located on the same network. If not there are additional steps on your router to open ports ..
    0. "EAC must be switched off to start a local coop server"
    1. in the "Type here to search" enter "cmd" and hit enter to create a command window on the machine you are using to host the coop game
    2. in this window enter the command "ipconfig" and take note of the IPv4 address (most likely a "192.168.1.nnn" number)
    3. have your friend enter this into the "Direct IP and Port" text box (you should be on the default port so no :nnnnn should be needed)
    4. if you get the issue you were describing, do you see anything in either the latest log file in "Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\nnnn" dir on both the coop server host machine or on the client machine your friend is using? The coop servers log starts "Dedicated_" ... look for connections to 127.0.0.1 (that's local loopback- your machine if you're the coop host) as well as the IP of your friend's machine- use steps 1 & 2 to get their IPv4 #
    5. also worth checking .. in the search box type "network" and verify you are both connected to your network as Private (assuming you are in your home network)
    6. in search box type "firewall" and check your Inbound rules ... you should see one or more entries for empyrion and the dedicated server- if you are up for trying a clean start on all those you can delete them on both sides. When you start the coop server it will ask if you will allow connections- say "heck yes" and click the appropriate box. Repeat on client side.

Any luck after any of that?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  6. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

I tried. It's not working or I couldn't do it.

7. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

What should I write here?

8. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

[​IMG]
    thıs

9. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Are you and your friend on the same LAN? Are both of your machines connected to the same router?

10. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

Yes

11. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

[​IMG]
    thıs ıs my

my brother 192.168.1.7 others same

12. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

On his computer, it shows up as My Server on this screen. We click Connect and the screen changes to Connecting to My server. But it doesn't connect and the screen stays like that.

13. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

14. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Great. Looks like you have switched to manual configuration of IP and are using the Google DNS servers. Has your brother tried to connect to 192.168.1.6 instead of using a LAN name? You may have better luck if the router doesn't need to do the translation to a physical address. (under "Direct IP" textbox)

15. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

Yes, we tried that and it gave an error that server information could not be retrieved.

16. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Is there any detail information in the /Log directory? Look for the latest logs including both the Client_ and Dedicated_ logs on your machine- you're looking for his connection attempt in those (should have his .7 address instead of the 127.0.0.1 loopback address)

17. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

m

Attached Files:

18. ZzZ

ZzZ Ensign

03-16:50:09.295 19_50 -LOG- Thread 'Reader_127.0.0.1:50158' ThreadId=16212 ManagedId=20
    03-16:50:09.295 19_50 -LOG- Thread 'Writer_127.0.0.1:50158' ThreadId=10028 ManagedId=21

thiS?

19. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

That's the local connection from your machine to itself (a loopback) ... the port number is odd, I would expect the default which is 30000, and 30001-30003. The client showed a failure to connect to an epic games service called Stomp. There is a troubleshooting guide for those sorts of issues at How to troubleshoot connection issues - Technical Support (epicgames.com) ... I come in via Steam so not apples to apples experience.

Have you disabled EAC on both machines? Also, have you confirmed the game files on both machines?

The troubleshooter suggests you can confirm the issue isn't firewall related by temporarily dropping firewall on both machines- not the way you would want to leave things but if this fixes it then your fix would be adding firewall rules.

20. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I found a similar error with a workaround in this thread...
    Fixed - 1.9 e III 4004 hangs on startup [00581] | Empyrion – Galactic Survival - Community Forums (empyriononline.com)
    ...in it the suggestion was updates to information stored about the character configuration- this would indicate a new feature made data structures incompatible at some point. It may be worth trying.

It's a hard reset, but doing a deinstall/reinstall can reset stuff as well.

(I gotta go offline for a few hours, maybe somebody else can come up with things to try- by this point I generally try a clean install but that's a lot of GB to do it twice if you have caps on your downloads.)