Improve label for gas giants so new players know you can't warp there

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeroThinking, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Have you ever been confused when trying to warp to a gas giant?

This poll will close on Jun 30, 2024 at 12:35 PM.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

Hi guys, so I'm new to Empyrion and space exploration games. I recently spent ages trying to work out how to warp to what I thought were planets located around my starter planet.

After starting a new bug report it was explained to me that the target was a gas giant rather than a planet, and gas giants can not be warped to.

As you can see in this screenshot there are 3 objects that I'm assuming are gas giants (Lea, Kai and IDAADI).
    This assumption is based on the fact that i can not select 'lock target' for these
    upload_2020-6-30_22-31-5.png

The question is who else thinks that gas giants should be more clearly labeled and the fact they can't be warped to should be better highlighted? Is it just me that has been caught out by this or is it something that has tripped up others?

Jones Comoreto likes this.
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

They just need either a red or greyed-out name to indicate the difference between warpability.

ZeroThinking and ravien_ff like this.
  3. Jones Comoreto

Jones Comoreto Ensign

SAME HERE!
    Even once i lost a ship running from drones and repeatedly trying to warp planning escape. Lost ship, lost items. Had to respawn at Inifrona.

Actually, only with this thread I understood the Kai is not warpable. =)
    Is it stated anytwhere in the game?

Thanks!