Fixed Issues placing blocks underwater [6543]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Minbann, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minbann

Minbann Ensign

Fresh 2514 specifically to test; Survival; Single Player game; Issue always reproducible; Attempting to build a base on or in water.

A base core can be placed underwater. While attempting to place blocks for base the ghost block position will be incorrect. Same issue in COOP, have not tested dedi.

Steps:

1. Place a core underwater.
    2. Attempt to place a block next to the core.

In some cases the ghost block will be positioned as expected. Sometimes the "red bordered can't place block state" is shown when it shouldn't. In other cases the ghost block will be positioned incorrectly.

3. Click to place block.
    4. Block appears above and behind the avatar.

Another case.

1. Build platform of blocks at water level. Like a landing pad that starts on the shore and extends over the water.

2. Build supports. Placing a block on the surface works. Sometimes placing a block on the ocean floor works. And the portion of the supports completely surrounded by water do not get instanced. If you attempt to place the blocks 1 by 1 they will behave as I described above. However, in this instance the block usually shows up above the pad in the error. SI fails and it falls down due to no support.

Note: in multiplayer some players will see the block floating. SI seemingly not happening for them.

Visual example.

Below shows a placed core underwater. I am attempting to place a concrete block on the near side of the core.

[​IMG]

Below shows what happened after clicking to place the block. The avatar is facing 180 degrees. The block fell from the surface of the water.

You can see that in this view a block is placeable. I have Connect to Base on, however, it makes no difference to the issue.

[​IMG]

Below third person shows the ghost block in the wrong position. This block should be place next to the core.

[​IMG]

This took seconds to reproduce on a fresh start.

The land issue still exists. Making it very frustrating to build a base if the terrain is not flat.

Edit: Tightened up description. Added new image.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Ballard likes this.
  2. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Yes, 100% repeatable for me too. I almost always put my core underwater. I like having a lake as a level building area.

3. cdaragorn

cdaragorn Ensign

I'm also running into this problem. Really kills because I love making my bases over water. This makes it basically impossible to do that since you can't create any supports.

4. Rawd

Rawd Ensign

100% reproducible. My base is next to a body of water. I cannot place a single block in the water. Moreover, if I remove one of the already placed blocks from water, I cannot put it back.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    This will be looked into.

6. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Commander

aye, same here.. can't build my usual base landing pad over water.. can't place supports :(

7. bashfullsson

bashfullsson Lieutenant

Mode: survival SP
    SEED-ID: 417510
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No, total vanilla.
    Type: building
    Summary: placing block that would cross surface of water *almost* impossible
    Description: as pictured, if only small portion of block would be above water, apparently there is "no empty space" block_placing.jpg
    Steps to Reproduce: as I dont know exactly how close this has to be to surface, I cannot tell.

8. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix will be in the next release for this.

9. Rawd

Rawd Ensign

Wow. I'm not used to such efficiency. My sincere thank you!

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Fix is now in the public branch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.