Not a bug laser drills do not work well

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by bbk.3164, Dec 16, 2022.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.15 3887
    Mode: creative mode and solo play, and Vanilla, and mods PE = everywhere the problem is identical, even in Vanilla (proven!!!)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: and YES, and NO

Reproducibility: yes (!)
    Severity:

Type: laser drills

Summary:

Description:

creative mode and solo play, and Vanilla, and mods RE = everywhere the problem is identical, even in Vanilla (proven!!!)

Dear developers Eleon!
    I've encountered an "unusual feature" in the base code of the Game itself! So I want to ask YOU - what did you break in the game?!

I will immediately make an important understanding - I am building this ship to play in different scenarios, but when I noticed "this feature", which I will write about further, then I immediately checked it in Vanilla to understand that the problem is in the most fundamental code of the game, and in no way associated with any mods (!!!!!)

So let's take a look at the screenshot:

[​IMG]

We see that several laser drills are not working on the Ship (CV) (namely, all those that are on the RIGHT half of the ship).

Then I ran some tests:

1) in a scenario where the maximum number of different weapons was increased == I removed some barreled guns, and looked - HOW THIS affects the work of laser drills = result = 4 out of 6 laser drills worked!
    Then I removed all other cannon guns = result = all 6 worked :) , and then all 8 laser drills (!) :)

2) then I repeated this test in Vanilla (creative) = I removed all other barrel guns, and left only 8 pieces of laser drills ... all 8 worked (!).
    Then I installed several capital rocket guns. Result = only 4 out of 8 laser drills worked (!) :(
    Then I removed several rocket tubes, and those that remained - I installed IN DIFFERENT parts of the ship (closer to the center, and scattered - on the wings), and the result = 7 out of 8 laser drills worked (!) :(

I intentionally (in Creative Vanilla) set a lot of gun barrels, more than the maximum number, in order to SIMULATE a different set of guns in other scenarios where the maximum number of guns is increased, unlike in Vanilla.
    And everywhere - the result was the SAME == laser drills is shoot not all (!) :(

By this I want to show that in the game itself - in its fundamental code - there are some WRONG CODE FRAGMENTS hidden! which prevent the correct operation of guns, depending on their location on the ship's hull, even within the maximum number of each type of gun (!!!!!)

Steps to Reproduce:

So that you - the developers of Eleon - understand what I'm talking about - I'm attaching the blueprint of this ship!
    1) download my ship blueprint (attached).
    2) Please - run a many of tests = install a different number of other guns,
    3) and then change their location on the ship's hull!

And then you will see that the laser drills do not work IN A FULL SET (some of them will not shoot) (!!!)

Please - fix this problematic feature! because different scenarios, with a different set of tools - should not affect the operation of individual tools and devices (!)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Add : screenshot , blueprint

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    This is not a bug. You have 32 Fixed Weapons

Only 21 can work.

So you have 11 to many placed

Pach likes this.